test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cutscene Madness

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
People are grinding the Rampages like crazy... some of them are fun and some of them are boring... Some of them are harder and some are easier...wich is all fine .. BUT

THE CUTSCENEs are so annyoing...

On gravitar.. OK its just a short one at the beginning...i can live with it

On fire and ice.. almost same as gravitar .. its okay...

On Sky carrier its .. okay.. even if its annyoing to be interupted while i charge my power...

On Lemurian Invasion.. GAWD PLEASE make it stop...

Seriously whenever i start charging my force cascade or my incendary round i get into a cutscene.. its so annyoing....

And in general it would be nice if we can disable cutscenes in options (( wich should atleast only work for cutscene we have already seen ))...

OR make the CHAT available while in cutscene so i can talk to my teammates , maybe giving/receiving order for net objectives...

or any other solution... but please do something...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are multiplayer games out there that require for all players to vote skip on cutscenes. One game that comes to mind is Left 4 Dead; once all 4 players check the skip box, then the cutscene is skipped. It would be nice if we had something similar to that.
  • salutage14xxsalutage14xx Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    People are grinding the Rampages like crazy... some of them are fun and some of them are boring... Some of them are harder and some are easier...wich is all fine .. BUT

On Sky carrier its .. okay.. even if its annyoing to be interupted while i charge my power...

Seriously whenever i start charging my force cascade or my incendary round i get into a cutscene.. its so annyoing....

And in general it would be nice if we can disable cutscenes in options (( wich should atleast only work for cutscene we have already seen ))...

OR make the CHAT available while in cutscene so i can talk to my teammates , maybe giving/receiving order for net objectives...

Jesus christ have u seen the annoying butt slapping forum malvan cutscene's
    --> CHIBI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • salutage14xxsalutage14xx Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys how does me post thread.
    --> CHIBI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »

I know exactly how you feel, but you should take a look at Forum Malvanum. It's may no rampage, but has so far the most sequences for an alert. Frickin' annoying.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Jesus christ have u seen the annoying butt slapping forum malvan cutscene's

I played that alert once, the cut scenes turned me off so much I won't go near it.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If I recall, cutscenes are used as a loading buffer and that's why you can't skip them.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Atleast the cutscenes, Lemurian Invasion as an example, let you know whom of the team skips mobs and rush straight to the 'Shapechanger'. And then go cursing why others from team weren't there to help, when the Leet individual gets his arse served to him with some fishpatee.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They should just change all the cutscenes to be some drunk looking russian girl with an empty stare who just looks boredly at the screen like a lifeless doll o3o
    edited March 2014
    I like cutscenes.
    Devs just should put more use of those awesome comicbookpanels.

We can make billion threads about removing of cutscenes and how bad they are, we will still get them as it was explained earlier why.

And hey, they removed the 'Kraken's End' scene from the Lemurian Invasion....
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I never minded them at all. In this case, you know they're coming if you've done it before. I never got what the big deal was. I usually use those spots to take a drag off my cigarette. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    They should just change all the cutscenes to be some drunk looking russian girl with an empty stare who just looks boredly at the screen like a lifeless doll o3o

I couldn't help but imagine the scene and... OMG LOLZ!!! :biggrin:
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't mind the cutscenes (except for Forum Malv when it runs through the timer) Only thing I'd like to see changed is get rid of clones in the cutscenes. I mean have you ever paid attention to like Radiation Rumble or Trainstopping during the winning cutscene and who ever is the 4th member of your party there is a clone of them replacing the 5th?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited March 2014
    Or how you're allways the lucky one to wave to the train and allways on the leftside at the front on the Rad Rumble.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I actually like the cutscenes, they're a small break from heavy fighting.
    natesig.jpg

• r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I actually like the cutscenes, they're a small break from heavy fighting.

the thing is the cutscenes in lemurian innvasion take more time than the fighting...lemurian invasion and scy commands are extremely easy.. no heavy fights involved...lol
  • viivsyn2viivsyn2 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well if we choose to skip the cut scene we should be allowed to aleast stand there in silence while everyone else watches the cutscene..

also i'd like to add if no one else has.. please don't take control of the mouse during these cutscenes.. i like to tab out and que some music or something or reply to skype/steam messages during these times

and yeah.. have chat there during a cutscene would be nice too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »

I see wut you did there and it was good.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You should be able to skip cut scenes in any game that's sold as re-playable. I can live with cut scenes, I'd prefer if I could skip them, but it's not game breaking for me to have them in the game, but what I can't stand is locking the mouse for some of these cut scenes. I play in windowed mode and usually when I hit a cut scene in CO I open YouTube or something like that and watch something interesting while I wait for tried old cut scene to play out for the umptinth time but for some reason, some some of these cut scenes lock the mouse, making it far more difficult to even serf the web while you wait for the cut scene to end. I get that maybe something is loading behind the scenes but don't force us to watch these cut scenes over and over again. I have over 50 characters. I know just about every scene off by heart. At this point I'd say most scenes are a hindrance more then an asset.