test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Power Discussion
No more arguing about how much more overcompensating it will be!

M$ Excel (Or LibreOffice or uploading to Google Docs) will give you the answers :O!

I actually wanted to do a nice Google Docs sheet but the whole protected ranges thingy was too messy, can't guarantee someone won't mess up the formulas :/

UPDATE 1: Fixed a calculation error for crit damage. So much for trusting the formula >_>
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So...you used the exact same build with the justice gear that you do with your legion?

It seems like it would be such a waste to do such a thing...but maybe that is just me..
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ooo, neat! Nice work. Not planning on getting J-gear anytime soon, but gonna keep the tool for other comparisons.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ayonachan wrote: »
    So...you used the exact same build with the justice gear that you do with your legion?

It seems like it would be such a waste to do such a thing...but maybe that is just me..

That really depends on the objective of the build. If my build was based on specific keystones - maximizing dodge or minimizing cooldown times for example, then obviously I would look at what Justice gear has to offer vis-a-vis those metrics first. For example, what good is taking less damage per dodge when your defense goes from a bulletproof 100% to 99%?

As I noted in General Discussion, for my current build for Crystal, Justice Gear isn't that good, because it loses in some areas that I consider important, even though it's a net gain on paper.

In Crystal's case 2 areas are affected: Cooldown reduction and Crit severity. Cooldown reduction can be fixed with more Int mods, but at a cost to other areas. Severity can't really be fixed without a greater net cost to DPS. So I'd have to either switch out my main attack, TK Assault, or my Primary Stat, Int. No TK Assault means no good attack with Shadow Form. No Shadow Form means no Stealth. No Stealth means the delicate house of cards at the foundation of the current build comes crumbling down.

But anyway, I think outliers like this are good to show what to expect - it can be amazing or it can be so-so. And that's precisely the reason I made this spreadsheet :p It's partly for myself to find how to best make the use of Justice gear.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for sharing, I am sure it will come in useful.

If you want to add some more variables to your survivability, this is what I made a while ago:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoau7lyeq6yuu4t/mitigation%20calc.xlsx

Updated a bit now..l again, I messed up some stuff.

... and again, EM stacks were giving me trouble, but it is fixed now.
    edited March 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    That really depends on the objective of the build. If my build was based on specific keystones - maximizing dodge or minimizing cooldown times for example, then obviously I would look at what Justice gear has to offer vis-a-vis those metrics first. For example, what good is taking less damage per dodge when your defense goes from a bulletproof 100% to 99%?

As I noted in General Discussion, for my current build for Crystal, Justice Gear isn't that good, because it loses in some areas that I consider important, even though it's a net gain on paper.

In Crystal's case 2 areas are affected: Cooldown reduction and Crit severity. Cooldown reduction can be fixed with more Int mods, but at a cost to other areas. Severity can't really be fixed without a greater net cost to DPS. So I'd have to either switch out my main attack, TK Assault, or my Primary Stat, Int. No TK Assault means no good attack with Shadow Form. No Shadow Form means no Stealth. No Stealth means the delicate house of cards at the foundation of the current build comes crumbling down.

But anyway, I think outliers like this are good to show what to expect - it can be amazing or it can be so-so. And that's precisely the reason I made this spreadsheet :p It's partly for myself to find how to best make the use of Justice gear.

One doesn't need to be bulletproof in order to take care of most that CO has to offer...even the few things that one 'needs' to be bulletproof for there are mechanics that just nix the whole idea and make everyone equally ****ty and succumb to the grip of defeat.

Legion Gear is exactly what it is...an OP BoE Cash-Shop gear. The alternatives preform lesser at focused areas that most people cling to. The 'grindable' Justice Gear has great Offensive gears but the other two types one could do without. The set bonuses can be seen as minor due to past 'balance' patches and loosing valuable cd/cdr for 147.4 offense is not a 'fair' tradeoff to most people.

Day after day I grow fonder of the first iteration of Justice Gear...you know the one with the inflated stats...but with that gear most passives were made obsolete due to how poor the passives themselves scaled at such a high end of stats and how poor the effects of their bonuses gave with said stats...

Oh well though....I mean, the 'Justified' Perk...is a rather fitting name for what it is...
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But dear Ayonachan, being bulletproof is a wonderful Heroic concept to have!

Really having fun with my 100% dodge toon because the gameplay fits exactly what you would expect in a that type of hero, i.e. getting past her dodge entails things like knock and hold, just like how the comic books would do it (granted that isn't possible with Justice Gear)

I also tried a prototypical invulnerable toon with Invulnerability and IDF, was fun seeing villains hit for 1 point all the time.

I guess the point is, extreme concepts make for great and interesting heroes and Justice Gear can help with some (not all) of these types of builds.

Justice Gear seems crazy good for a STR PSS Juggernaut tank toon with loads of Defense gear and specs (Vind/BD) and either Regeneration or LR. At about 25%+ Offense bonus, you've just recreated the Melee role damage bonus.

For Scarab, the dodge nerf made this high DPS tank role toon TOO vulnerable. Justice Gear will cover up some of his glaring weakness and for a tank toon with only 70 CON, the extra 25 means ALOT!
  • kaneofchaoskaneofchaos Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I for one am a HUGE fan of people taking time out to help me min/max. I can't say thank you enough.

I'm not entirely sure I will be utilizing this a whole lot, but it is still very appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
    edited March 2014
    But dear Ayonachan, being bulletproof is a wonderful Heroic concept to have!

It is fun and I cannot argue against fun.
  • bshue1bshue1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm getting 404'd when I go to download. Is there a problem?
    edited March 2014
    bshue1 wrote: »
    I'm getting 404'd when I go to download. Is there a problem?

Seems to be working for me. Is anyone having the same problem?

Could be something blocking Excel files - perhaps try using HideMyAss?
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    Seems to be working for me. Is anyone having the same problem?

Could be something blocking Excel files - perhaps try using HideMyAss?

Im getting the same error: 404 — File not found.
    Tjim6oX.png
    edited March 2014
    Well that sucked :(

My ISP lied to me by caching the file. I've updated the post though - try refreshing.