test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need some advice on melee/support build

arriarri Posts: 17 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Builds and Roles
So I was bouncing ideas around with some friends of mine last night after I ran a few gravitars and failed horribly at them, and we came up with this melee/support hybrid type build. Problem is, I'm not quite sure how well it would work and I'm not rich enough to test it out in the game world if I need to retcon again.

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=9&n=&d=1423O34MbiGb140M000M503M800E503A604EI05O603EK05K804J505QG03EC00KD08MB002WID3T3B2LQo

The main things I'm unsure of are sigils of radiant sanctuary and circle of primal domination. I'm also not sure on how effective Form of the Tempest's advantage is.

Mainly, I wanted a character that can hold their own while solo but at the same time able to provide support during the times I decide to run rampages.
Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
Post edited by arri on

Comments

• ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since you can't "tell" Gifts of the Storm when to activate, I would imagine most of those uses are going to be wasted on things like Sigils or Sentinel Aura tics. Unless you are just amazing at timing to get a Conviction or Resurgence off at just the right time. The 8 second cooldown on the advantage makes it not worth it in my opinion.

Since you picked melee as your damage, I would use Ebon Sigils debuff over the heals. Also, you could go even further and use more debuffs, since you already are using Ebon Ruin's debuff as well as Fear. Mini Drive would be a nice fit for that.

Also just curious about your attack choices. Ego Blades for theme? or because you use Ebon Ruin debuff? Not saying they're bad, just wondering.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • arriarri Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ego blades are for theme, and also because of ebon ruin. Would you recommend being more buff/debuff based with passive healing, in this case?
    Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
    Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
  • ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would recommend any support based toon to focus on buffs/debuffs...and here's why.

Heals are good, no question, but not always needed...sometimes Sentinel Aura isn't doing anything. However, debuffs are always helpful, especially on bosses. Keeping up Fear, Disorient, Mini Drive, Expose, etc. can definitely sway the battle in your favor.

There are also the tanks and dps built and honed so much to do their job that all they need is that little extra boost from somewhere. You are that somewhere in those situations. You bring what they need you to. You literally make EVERYONE on your team better.

I actually give further props to these types of characters mainly because I don't want to play one, but I want one on my Rampage team every time. :biggrin: I mean, I pack the buffs/debuffs that I want to see most, but I also highly appreciate anyone that brings the others. I WANT TO SEE THESE TYPES OF NUMBERS ON MY SCREEN so kudos to anyone that helps me accomplish that from an upright position.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv