test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lightning Reflexes build demo

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Power Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfpi8IFpkoA

The last video on YouTube showing LR in PvE was 2 years old so I made a new one because it seems to be a very misunderstood passive.

For one, it's not really RNG-based, there are ways to hit 100% dodge which have been discussed on the forums, but I think it hasn't really been shown - especially how it works out in practice.

For another, it's really strong defensively but has its weaknesses. It's really low damage if you want to upkeep 100% dodge - moreso than Defiance or Invul, which at least allow you to use high damage attacks e.g. Fire Snake + Devour Essence.

Anyway, the video shows everything :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Little odd that you don't seem to have CC (Didn't see the CC debuff show up anywhere on you or Gravitar), but cool demo nonetheless!

I think it's also a bit damning you're managing to do this without Fluidity. That block really is the worst.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    Little odd that you don't seem to have CC (Didn't see the CC debuff show up anywhere on you or Gravitar), but cool demo nonetheless!

I think it's also a bit damning you're managing to do this without Fluidity. That block really is the worst.

I didn't bother with CC because I figured DPS would be too low to compete in threat with the DE, Glacier, Haymaker or other high DPS or high Heal tanks. With EM there's a lot of downtime where I try to maintain dodge and do 0 damage. I designed the character more as a super soloist instead because of that, which comes back to the point that it's a really great survivability passive, but for tanking it may not actually be the best because of low damage :p

And yes, Fluidity is pretty bad >_> I'd rather use Parry + TEM but first problem, damage loss, and second problem, the dodge% gain isn't enough for me to hit 100% without EM.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice video Selphea, good to see you again.

Getting good DPS with 100% dodge LR builds is very tricky but possible.

My solution was to use Thundering Kicks and Parry with CON PSS w/dodge spec and a Legion BP of Elusiveness with 2 Gambler's Luck. So not using Evasive Maneuvers already gets some DPS back and it doesn't risk Elusive Monk timing out when back flipping.

The key to recover DPS is the spec tree Brawler/Vindicator using Setup for a 20% bonus. As luck would have it, Thundering Kicks is a Combo. I added Viper Fangs and Dragon's Claws to up the DPS more. Usual attack sequence is TK combo, 2 DC, VF combo, 2 DC and repeat. This can work since at 100% Dodge, you really don't need a lot of defense. In fact, unless I think it's a hold or yellow bubble from Gravitar I never even block so I don't risk Elusive Monk timing out. For the same reason, when I get knocked I activate Masterful Dodge before jumping back in.

Gonna retcon this toon further to solo Mega-D Terminators! :biggrin:
    edited February 2014
    Nice video Selphea, good to see you again.

Getting good DPS with 100% dodge LR builds is very tricky but possible.

My solution was to use Thundering Kicks and Parry with CON PSS w/dodge spec and a Legion BP of Elusiveness with 2 Gambler's Luck. So not using Evasive Maneuvers already gets some DPS back and it doesn't risk Elusive Monk timing out when back flipping.

The key to recover DPS is the spec tree Brawler/Vindicator using Setup for a 20% bonus. As luck would have it, Thundering Kicks is a Combo. I added Viper Fangs and Dragon's Claws to up the DPS more. Usual attack sequence is TK combo, 2 DC, VF combo, 2 DC and repeat. This can work since at 100% Dodge, you really don't need a lot of defense. In fact, unless I think it's a hold or yellow bubble from Gravitar I never even block so I don't risk Elusive Monk timing out. For the same reason, when I get knocked I activate Masterful Dodge before jumping back in.

Gonna retcon this toon further to solo Mega-D Terminators! :biggrin:

Thanks! Although it's really based on old tech from that old Mega-D thread xD I'm still thinking through how to really adapt Kitty's build to the new Dodge system - really want to make it possible with WotW instead of LR.

It sounds like the build you're using will need a pretty high budget though, I'm guessing at least 350 Dex? Probably all Dex mods and Gambler's used are R7?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did try a LR build (before the dodge nerf) using EM and TK to breech 100% dodge. It was crazy good at taking hits ofc, but I just found its upkeep to be too annoying for a melee build.

As stupid as it may sound, I'd rather not take EM for melee dodge builds and deal w/ some amount of RNG that I still have to react to- even if its sub-optimal for a tank to do so.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    Thanks! Although it's really based on old tech from that old Mega-D thread xD I'm still thinking through how to really adapt Kitty's build to the new Dodge system - really want to make it possible with WotW instead of LR.

It sounds like the build you're using will need a pretty high budget though, I'm guessing at least 350 Dex? Probably all Dex mods and Gambler's used are R7?

Yes very expenisive. I took 2 r9 gamblers so i could skip Flippin and have like 544 dex. Nice w 84% avoidance tho
    edited March 2014
    Update on this - LR is amazing in F&I. In a PUG I was taking 1.4k damage a hit from Frosty :eek:! Went down to 700 in a premade with AoRP, fear and regret.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Update on this - LR is amazing in F&I. In a PUG I was taking 1.4k damage a hit from Frosty :eek:! Went down to 700 in a premade with AoRP, fear and regret.

Yeah I'm liking LR now for F&I that I've built around it better (w/ a decent amount of health and 10x VD stacked up). Is nice to see ice daggers for 300-400 pretty frequently when block+dodge kicks in.

Mine isn't a 100% dodge build, but VD and cds can usually cover the rest.

Now to make some of my other tanks better on that fight.. prob gonna take quite some work and I doubt they can top that. Regen + some dodge and VD may have some potential.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have you considered DEX pss? There is a spec in there which adds a flat 10% dodge chance vs AoE attacks.
    edited March 2014
    kamokami wrote: »
    Have you considered DEX pss? There is a spec in there which adds a flat 10% dodge chance vs AoE attacks.

Doesn't seem to work on Cosmics and above http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212001
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This thread got me pretty excited about dusting off Downshift, my speedster! I can't quite afford the R9 Gambler's Gems, but he sits at 99.4% dodge, does pretty respectable damage and tanks like nothing else! And Monsterdaddy, you're right...he plays exactly like I'd expect a dodging speedster to play. He's nigh untouchable unless he's held or knocked at an inopportune moment, which as you said, is when you pop Masterful Dodge and one of the active offenses.

10wv9xy.jpg

I thought some of you would like to see the build:

2z4zhhv.jpg

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Downshift

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Martial Focus
    Level 9: Physical Conditioning
    Level 12: Acrobat
    Level 15: Covert Ops Training
    Level 18: Survival Training
    Level 21: Agile

Powers:
    Level 1: Righteous Fists
    Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Parry (The Elusive Monk)
    Level 23: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Rank 3, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 26: Void Shift (Crippling Challenge)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Lock N Load
    Level 35: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Intensity

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Lightspeed (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Lightning Flash (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (1/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Brawler: No Escape (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

It's the dodge bonuses from Elusive Monk and R3 Thundering Kicks that puts you consistently around max dodge. I did something a bit different here and ditched Vindicator (I know, unthinkable!) and replaced it with Warden. Without much Offense to speak of, Aggressive Stance wasn't going to do me much good. I'd get a bit more crit severity, but Warden has a lot going for it in 9% more crit chance on combos (which you do a LOT of in this build) and 6% more damage from every attack you make to Shredded targets, and your primary target will be Shredded all the time. Warden mastery is also pretty great with all the combos I'm throwing around. It's fun dipping into some spec trees I normally overlook.

You still take 16% damage from attacks, so you need to keep up on your heals. I use R1 BCR/RR and R3 Conviction. I try to avoid Conviction if I can because it eats up a lot of energy and throws off my attack chain, which is the same as Monsterdaddy's: TK combo > 2 DC > VF combo > 2 DC. 100 Hands is just for thematic purposes and for an AoE.

Gear is Heroic Gloves of Piercing with R7 Impact Gem (I'd probably swap with a Depleted Uranium Core if I had an extra), Legion's BP of Elusiveness with 2 R7 Gambler's Gems, and whatever you want in Utility. R7 or R8 DEX mods all the way.
    I think crashing wave kick can help you get the last 0.4% down?
    edited March 2014
    It could, but I think I'm okay at nearly 100%. For now at least. Eventually I can replace the Heroic primary offense and utility with Justice pieces, which I think will help quite a lot.
    How often do you use Conviction? Maybe replace with a 0 energy heal in Resurgence?

Would Flippin' also get you over 100%? Though it may not match character conception.
    edited March 2014
    I use Conviction quite a lot. 8k health isn't a ton against the likes of Gravitar and can get worn down fast when she's on one of her Force Cascade spamfests, even when you're only taking 16% of her damage. Resurgence just wouldn't be up often enough. What you need is to keep your health topped off as often as you need it.

Flippin' would absolutely put me over 100% dodge, but yeah...it's a concept thing. I can live with being at 99.4% until I can close the gap with better gear.

One thing I'm not completely satisfied with from a conceptual point of view is the need to use Fighting Claw attacks rather than fists. I tried using Dragon Uppercut but the DPS suffers terribly. Going Unarmed would let you drop Viper's Fangs though, and give you room for a fluff power Gradii. You'd lose some DPS but it might be worth it to flesh out your concept more or add in a little extra versatility.
    One thing I'm not completely satisfied with from a conceptual point of view is the need to use Fighting Claw attacks rather than fists. I tried using Dragon Uppercut but the DPS suffers terribly. Going Unarmed would let you drop Viper's Fangs though, and give you room for a fluff power Gradii. You'd lose some DPS but it might be worth it to flesh out your concept more or add in a little extra versatility.

What about building around 100-hands? Would adding BCF make it competitive for DPS? I guess the other thing about Unarmed is the amount of crushing debuffs there are.
    edited March 2014
    I tried to make that work, but the DPS just wasn't comparable and it took a lot more powers to make it even remotely competitive. The beauty of Fighting Claws is you only need the two attacks: VF to apply a 20% resistance debuff and apply Setup, and Dragon's Claws to take advantage of both. Thundering Kicks is there of course, but its primary purpose is to apply the dodge buff rather than as a primary source of damage.

To make 100 Hands work you'd want to get Emerging Nightmares on Void Shift to apply Fear, and get Spirit Reverberation to help with energy. You still need Dragon Uppercut, probably best with Chi Flame for more Dimensional Damage, and BCF with Fists of Righteous Flame to proc on 100 Hands.

Here's a build I put together around it. Since we'd be relying on 100 Hands rather than a powerful single target attack, there's no reason to keep the Brawler tree, so I switched it out for a Wardicator spec and put the crit chance bonus on AoEs. I put Two Smoking Barrels on Lock n' Load, which seems counter-intuitive since all we've got are melee attacks, but once you play around with this type of build you learn fast that if you're held you're dead, so escaping out of status effects is way more important than a temporary damage boost. With only one AO, it's important it's up as often as possible, and 100 Hands should have it recharged fast.

It's not a bad setup at all really, but I think I dropped from around 3k DPS to around 2.5k. If you could work out a way to get Demolish in there, even as a tap it'd help, but then you'd have three single target attacks, all of which exist almost solely to make 100 Hands viable as a primary source of damage output.

Name:

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:

Powers:
    Level 8: Parry (The Elusive Monk)
    Level 11: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 14: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Chi Flame)
    Level 17: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Fists of Righteous Flame)
    Level 20: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Rank 3, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 23: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
    Level 26: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 29: Lock N Load (Two Smoking Barrels)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 38: Form of the Tempest

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Lightning Flash (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    It's not a bad setup at all really, but I think I dropped from around 3k DPS to around 2.5k. If you could work out a way to get Demolish in there, even as a tap it'd help, but then you'd have three single target attacks, all of which exist almost solely to make 100 Hands viable as a primary source of damage output.

Thanks for sharing that setup. It was insightful, particularly about Two Smoking Barrels on a melee build.

Also disappointing. I'd had higher hopes for the Righteous Flame buff, what with 100-hands hitting 4 times a second. Then since you're not relying on Dragon Uppercut for its DPS you could maybe replace it with Dragon Kick for the utility. Given how 100-hands doubles as an AoE power, it would make for a flexible build if only the damage lined up.

It's a pretty rare build in CO where there are too few slots to realize a build...almost always there are a couple "fluff" powers at the end. But with this build you could just lard on the powers...Ebon Ruin for the dimensional debuff, Demolish for the physical one, another AO, etc.

I guess what that's really saying is that a dedicated 100-hands build needs a passive that requires fewer slots than LR, which is a shame thematically, because both fit the speedster image.
    edited March 2014
    I think the real pain pain point is that there isn't a way within Unarmed MA to apply an effective Crushing resistance debuff through a combo. Sure, you've got Rising Knee's Flowing Strikes, but it's only good for the first two ticks of 100 Hands, and if you're using Brawler's Setup it's even useless on Dragon Uppercut or Burning Chi Fist. The other thing Dragon Claws has going for it is the 50% crit severity buff. I haven't spent time parsing numbers on it, but if it does what it says on the tin, it's a huge boost considering my crit chance is sitting around a natural 45% but my severity is only 83%. Dragon Uppercut's knockup is situationally useful, but not so much against Rampage bosses.

Alternatively, you could experiment with Demolish and Rising Knee/Flowing Strikes, in which case you'd still ditch Brawler for Wardicator. That would probably make Demolish your main single target attack though, which is kind of slow but an effective rotation might be TK combo > Rising Knee > 2 Demolish. Could still throw BCF into the mix and just use Demolish for the debuff, which would look like R3 Demolish (so you can just tap it) > TK combo > Rising Knee > 2 BCF...but again that's a lot of powers just to make an Unarmed concept even come close to competing with the DPS of a Fighting Claws build.
    Well, I think it all just boils down to ur tolerance for optimal vs. viable dmg and how much you are willing to compromise on a build's theme. In 100Hand's case, since so many things can prop it up, you just have to decide when to stop loading up on supporting powers to make room for other options or aspects of the build. No hard and fast rule for that, just depends on ur tolerance for the # of attacks and what other types of abilities you want available.

I mean, technically you can build an Unarmed dps build out of just Dragon Uppercut for single targets (which does get a small 10% knock immune bonus on full charge)- it would not be optimal ofc, but its def viable.

The problem is that slashing dmg trees like fighting claws have access to Shredded as a debuff on top of all the others, which is really powerful when combo'd w/ Dragon Claw's severity boost (as well as the option to use Tiger's Bite). To fully flesh out crushing dmg, you need Demolish full-charge w/ BttB, which isn't MA, and isn't as easy to afford on every build since its not a Rush-granting ability and doesn't knock or bleed.

I did have a Unarmed/Might brawler for a while that used a RK/FS -> Demo/BttB -> DU, RK/FS -> DUx2 (repeat till Demolish drops) rotation, and it was actually quite good dps. Counting things like that and rotations using BCF and/or 100Hands, there are a good number of ways to build a decent Unarmed dps. None of them will be top-dogs in dmg, but considering just how far-out some of those 'top-dogs' are, that's not really a big fault w/ Unarmed as it is w/ general game balance (at least imo).

I mean, to me its better than being pigeon-holed into primarily one move for dps, like Might is :p
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    edited March 2014
    You're absolutely right. I have certain characters I like to squeeze every ounce of efficiency from, but most of the time I never even bring out the combat log parser because it has more to do with how the character plays and feels.
    This thread got me pretty excited about dusting off Downshift, my speedster! I can't quite afford the R9 Gambler's Gems, but he sits at 99.4% dodge, does pretty respectable damage and tanks like nothing else! And Monsterdaddy, you're right...he plays exactly like I'd expect a dodging speedster to play. He's nigh untouchable unless he's held or knocked at an inopportune moment, which as you said, is when you pop Masterful Dodge and one of the active offenses.

10wv9xy.jpg

I thought some of you would like to see the build:

2z4zhhv.jpg

Name: Downshift

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Martial Focus
    Level 9: Physical Conditioning
    Level 12: Acrobat
    Level 15: Covert Ops Training
    Level 18: Survival Training
    Level 21: Agile

Powers:
    Level 8: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Parry (The Elusive Monk)
    Level 23: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Rank 3, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 26: Void Shift (Crippling Challenge)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Lock N Load
    Level 38: Intensity

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Lightning Flash (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
    Brawler: No Escape (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)

It's the dodge bonuses from Elusive Monk and R3 Thundering Kicks that puts you consistently around max dodge. I did something a bit different here and ditched Vindicator (I know, unthinkable!) and replaced it with Warden. Without much Offense to speak of, Aggressive Stance wasn't going to do me much good. I'd get a bit more crit severity, but Warden has a lot going for it in 9% more crit chance on combos (which you do a LOT of in this build) and 6% more damage from every attack you make to Shredded targets, and your primary target will be Shredded all the time. Warden mastery is also pretty great with all the combos I'm throwing around. It's fun dipping into some spec trees I normally overlook.

You still take 16% damage from attacks, so you need to keep up on your heals. I use R1 BCR/RR and R3 Conviction. I try to avoid Conviction if I can because it eats up a lot of energy and throws off my attack chain, which is the same as Monsterdaddy's: TK combo > 2 DC > VF combo > 2 DC. 100 Hands is just for thematic purposes and for an AoE.

Gear is Heroic Gloves of Piercing with R7 Impact Gem (I'd probably swap with a Depleted Uranium Core if I had an extra), Legion's BP of Elusiveness with 2 R7 Gambler's Gems, and whatever you want in Utility. R7 or R8 DEX mods all the way.

Every once in a while, a thread like this comes along and reminds me what a n00b I still am.

A couple questions:

1) What are those secondary upgrades? I don't recognize them.

2) Why CON as primary super-stat? I'm guessing it's for the extra health, the fact that the +Dodge specalization in the CON tree works literally twice as well as the one in the DEX tree, and the resistance to holds and knocks. Did I miss anything else?
    edited March 2014
    Every once in a while, a thread like this comes along and reminds me what a n00b I still am.

A couple questions:

1) What are those secondary upgrades? I don't recognize them.

2) Why CON as primary super-stat? I'm guessing it's for the extra health, the fact that the +Dodge specalization in the CON tree works literally twice as well as the one in the DEX tree, and the resistance to holds and knocks. Did I miss anything else?

Those secs look like normal purple ones you get as drops, likely to maximize Dex as Vigi would bump Con instead
    edited March 2014
    Those secs look like normal purple ones you get as drops, likely to maximize Dex as Vigi would bump Con instead

Right. Primary CON is for the higher dodge bonus from DEX, and for the slight resistance to holds and stuff. Even with primary CON, CON still isn't very high so you don't get a ton of benefit there, and you'll have to skip a lot of the best parts of it to get the dodge bonus.

For the secondaries, you can't really get the Vigilante gear because you need to boost your DEX, so try to go for the highest DEX bumps you can get.
    Right, I understood the logic. I just didn't know if they were a specific set of high-end gear with which I wasn't familiar.

This thread inspired me to replace Evasive Maneuvers with Thundering Kicks on my Night Warrior. So far, it's working out well. Same dodge bonus, and I'm spending the time inflicting damage and gaining Focus stacks and Elusive Monk bonuses, instead of lunging back into melee or running back into boomerang range.

My gut instinct for a speedster build is to super-stat INT and grab Nanobot Swarm, since fast recharge seems thematically appropriate. But I understand why you wouldn't be able to free up enough stat mods to make INT worthwhile in a build like this.

Am I correct in assuming that the Super-STR is for the knock resistance?

Am I correct in assuming that Intensity is there because MOAR DEX = SUCH DODGE?

Which layer is the damage bonus from Upper Hand factored into? It doesn't look worth it to me at first glance. Are looks deceiving?

Why rank the teleport power higher than the speed?

I didn't realize that resistance reduction was so important for high overall damage. I thought it was effectively the same as an additive damage buff. Did I misunderstand the math?
    edited March 2014
    Am I correct in assuming that the Super-STR is for the knock resistance?

That and for the melee damage bonus.You could probably swap it for something else.

Am I correct in assuming that Intensity is there because MOAR DEX = SUCH DODGE?

Basically, but I've found it doesn't really make much difference. My preference now is to drop it and to put Two Smoking Barrels on Lock n' Load so it's up more often. That opens up a power slot for something else.
    Which layer is the damage bonus from Upper Hand factored into? It doesn't look worth it to me at first glance. Are looks deceiving?

I don't actually know to be honest. I just went with it because it seemed better than the other options.
    Why rank the teleport power higher than the speed?

Purely personal preference. I don't like the overwhelming look of R3 Lightspeed and actually find it difficult to control because it's always flying off inclines. When he really wants to pour on the speed, he just disappears and reappears somewhere else.
    I didn't realize that resistance reduction was so important for high overall damage. I thought it was effectively the same as an additive damage buff. Did I misunderstand the math?

I'm not the best person to explain the math, but against heavy targets like the bosses in Rampages, I've found damage reduction to make a big difference in my overall DPS (as tested on the supervillain dummies in the Powerhouse).

You can try using my gear comparison spreadsheet to see the impact of a DU core. It's not so much that Def Pen is good, but 15% Def Pen from a DU core vs 2% Crit Chance from another Gambler's or 1% from Offense from an Impact Prism is just no contest.
  • slibbers2012slibbers2012 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How do you get your stats so high? I can't seem to get my secondary stats past 100 let alone my Off/Def so high even with Legion gear
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How do you get your stats so high? I can't seem to get my secondary stats past 100 let alone my Off/Def so high even with Legion gear

That's DEX mods and DEX gear, with little worry on other super stats. I've done the same with a REC/INT/EGO build...all INT mods.
  • moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Cap, I noticed the lack of an Energy Unlock (or any Energy statting) on Downshift. How are you maintaining your energy?

EDIT: Nevermind, Rush buff, duh. Dang, that doesn't work for me.
    edited March 2014
    Right, it's just solid DEX mods and the spec trees/talents that get my stats where they are. I've got one or two R8s in there, but it's mostly just R7s for the most part. Nothing too fancy.

The Rush buff works pretty great for energy management once you build up your focus stacks. I've replaced some of my REC I was getting from a secondary utility item with more DEX, but thinking I might go back so I can start the fight with a bit more energy. It's only at the very start of the fight that it's an issue though.
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    That's DEX mods and DEX gear, with little worry on other super stats. I've done the same with a REC/INT/EGO build...all INT mods.

Thanks. I 'll give a go this weekend