test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A time based boss idea using slow motion

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Suggestions Box
So many people have been asking for some kind of "time" powerset for a while now especially gradii who has even posted another recent post about it. Here is a different idea I had for some kind of rampage or alert boss using a time based mechanic. One of my all time favourite parts in PvE is doing Aftershock and that moment where everything goes into slow mo while battling that one NPC I forgot the name of. So if we have this kind of technology in the game why not use it for a boss?

For example he could have a power that puts everything into slow motion for about 10 seconds but he himself stayed at relatively the same speed (by increasing his movement / charge / activation speed etc) it just seems there could be so many interesting tema mechanics inside the use of slow motion. Also it looks kind of epic.

What do you guys think? :)

Edit: apparently they don't want to use this anymore because it breaks the server or something. :<
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because the Aftershock boss slows the whole game down. Not just the player...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Funny thing, that. Next time you fight the lethargy bosses in Demonflame/Aftershock, pay close attention to the upper-right corner of the screen. You might notice some strange... text.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Which was my point. It slows the specific level down so everyone in the rampage / alert would be slowed. But if the boss sped up to counter the slow he would move at normal pace would he not?