test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

From comicbook to movie/television

flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Off Topic
Greatest comicbook hero costumes in tv and movies.
Choose 1 costume and post a picture.

FLASH

dvd-flash-02_1392302561.jpg
CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So many to chooes from... I like a lot of them, so I will have to sit and think which adaptation I like the most.... and no it won't be a DC cause those adaptations have actually been bad, IMO.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Simple, yet very effective, and love the movie to boot :)
    ccadc140c3546b6a49a0c0d8043a375f.jpg
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Superman - Pre-Crisis, at the Pinnacle of the Silver Age. Still a Paragon of Virtue. Still a believer in Truth and Justice.

superman-1978-christopher-reeve-flying-metropolis1.jpg

Rest well, my friend, you've earned it.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yea. Reeve's Supes is classic.
    I prefer Alex Ross kind of tights. No bumpmapping.... Not bulging every direction...
    And Superman: Unbound had very familiar looking mildly mannered reporter/Superman.
    Even Lois Lane looked bit like Margot Kidder.
    Superman-by-Gary-Frank.jpg
  • Options
    skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    15288_rogue_l.jpg
    Well hello there uwu

Referencing the movies that are best left buried in the desert next to copies of E.T. the game will score you no favors nor garner any respect from true comic fans kiddo.

And that girl could barely add an accent worth being called one. Easily one of the worst actors to fill out a set of super tights ( ehr black catsuit wtf thats underworld not x men...gawds the movies....must repress them again.... grabbing bottle of booze and loaded gun....must watch lethal weapon and embrace the role of riggs mourning wife....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Superman - Pre-Crisis, at the Pinnacle of the Silver Age. Still a Paragon of Virtue. Still a believer in Truth and Justice.

superman-1978-christopher-reeve-flying-metropolis1.jpg

Rest well, my friend, you've earned it.

My fave reeves flick aint even a superman, its a trippy time traveling love story. Cant recall the title but it had jane seymour in it too if I recall right.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    Referencing the movies that are best left buried in the desert next to copies of E.T. the game will score you no favors nor garner any respect from true comic fans kiddo.

Gee, getting the respect of some comic snobs we don't care about must be really, really important.

I liked the first two X-men movies, so bite me.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ironman2j.jpg

Iron Man's Red & Gold armor that stays very close to the comic source, especially the intimidating-looking visor. I'm just a little disappointed they chose not to stick with the modulated-voice when Tony speaks while inside the armor beyond the first movie.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My fave reeves flick aint even a superman, its a trippy time traveling love story. Cant recall the title but it had jane seymour in it too if I recall right.

Somewhere in Time based on a book Bid Time Return by Richard Matheson.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Gee, getting the respect of some comic snobs we don't care about must be really, really important.

I liked the first two X-men movies, so bite me.

Well dont say that too loudly at a comic con just saying. And what was there to like, the BS way they gave rogue a white hair streak? the non existent fights between wolverine and sabertooth, the least manly man to play the icon of maleness that is cyclops, the worst line in movie history uttered buy storm an alpha class mutant against a beta joke like toad.... seriously I can tear down every single part of that first x men movie more then the wolverine origin movie, well short of the whole mouthless not deadpool deadpool.

Now I will give you the one decent night crawler scene at the opening of 2 was pretty solid. And that was about it in the first two movies worth talking about. As for 3, at least it had a killer bit of casting for kitty pryde and beast. aside from that yeah.......
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well dont say that too loudly at a comic con just saying.

The joke's on you; I don't go to ComicCon.

And I know better than try to incite a fanboy argument for no good reason. I have better things to do if I do go to ComicCon one day.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

And that girl could barely add an accent worth being called one. Easily one of the worst actors to fill out a set of super tights ( ehr black catsuit wtf thats underworld not x men...gawds the movies....must repress them again.... grabbing bottle of booze and loaded gun....must watch lethal weapon and embrace the role of riggs mourning wife....

I'm gonna go ahead and remind you what thread you're posting in.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Greatest comicbook hero costumes in tv and movies. Choose 1 costume and post a picture.

There you go. Now you can stop spouting off-topic nonsense :3
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love how Kenneth Branagh embraced Clarke's Third Law to realize Asgard in Thor, and it carried through wonderfully into the costumes.

ku-medium.jpg

Untitled-43.jpg

I love this little snippet from IMDB's trivia page:
    When Chris Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins saw each other in full armors for the first time, Hopkins said "God, there's no acting required here, is there?"

And that was before Hopkins brought the house down in the banishment scene.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Daredevil

10652_5.jpg
    From 'Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back'.:biggrin:

Don't think Affleck's leather suit be suitable for sneaking and acrobatics....

And Thor.
    Well the Dark World story was glued together from Walt Simmonson's Thor #344-349, with the Casket Of Ancient Winters story and Malekiths 1st appearance. There was a lot of smiting. The movie kind of merged the Dark Elves and Fire Demons in one. How the elves become fiery Kursed demons. Kurse was one of Thor's enemies in the comicseries. The Casket can be seen in 1st Thor, in Odin's Trophy room. The Ice Giants come to steal it. I would have rather seen giant Surtur walking thru London.

'Malekith struck an alliance with Loki on behalf of the fire demon Surtur. He took control of a number of Earth humans using special food of the faerie provided by Hela. Malekith then killed Eric Willis, guardian of the Casket of Ancient Winters, after learning its location. As Master of the Hounds, Malekith hunted down Roger Willis, Eric's son and new guardian of the Casket. Malekith battled Thor, and kidnapped Lorelei. Using Lorelei as bait, Malekith forced Thor to battle Algrim the Strong, one of his Dark Elf followers, then attempted to destroy both combatants by plunging them into a pool of magma. He then captured the Casket of Ancient Winters from Roger Willis. Malekith was ultimately defeated by Thor, but not before he destroyed the Casket of Ancient Winters, releasing magical frigid force all over the Earth. Malekith was then brought as a captive by Thor to Asgard.'
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wonder Woman - Oops
    -
    wonder_woman_forgot_her_costume_by_blu3explosion-d67u0c4.jpg

Found this today serendipitously, so I decided to post it here on same.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1918444-12316955428guyver.jpg

GUYVERRRR!!!
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry Finn, I'm gonna have to fudge the rule a bit. I'm picking 5 and posting them all at once. Mostly because I can't find a better individual shot of this version of Atom, who I wanted to focus on.

Justice-League-of-America-Pilot-Fire-Ice-The-Green-Lantern-The-Flash-The-Atom.jpg

BEHOLD! The Justice League television pilot, circa 1997.

From left to right: Atom, Fire, Flash, Hal Gardner the gre...er, Turquoise Lantern and Ice
    Not pictured is Martian Manhunter, I'll let someone else post him if they feel brave. It's baaad.

The pilot mostly revolved around Ice; how she got her powers and the League's attempt to recruit her. The villain was The Weatherman.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the least manly man to play the icon of maleness that is cyclops

...oooh.... I just noticed this part... you're just joking around, I get it now. Yeah, I question the actor choice for cyclops too, I thought that they should have picked someone who fits Cyclops' character much better... like the girl who played Stephanie on Lazy Town.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ...oooh.... I just noticed this part... you're just joking around, I get it now. Yeah, I question the actor choice for cyclops too, I thought that they should have picked someone who fits Cyclops' character much better... like the girl who played Stephanie on Lazy Town.

Don't even. Cyclops is a badass. Of all the X-Men, Storm is the only one who is on the same level of badass as Cyclops.

cyclops.jpg

And then what he did to Mister Sinister...
    204178-108084-cyclops.jpg

SO DON'T EVEN!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, he can get pretty Shinkuu Hadouken-like without his visor. I remember that his ultras, in the MVC games, were practically unavoidable; complete meltdown of the left side of the screen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes, Cyclops... his power is to get emotional and freak out, and then glare at you SO HARD. Yeah, that totally doesn't make him in any way similar to a tweenage girl :|
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes, Cyclops... his power is to get emotional and freak out, and then glare at you SO HARD. Yeah, that totally doesn't make him in any way similar to a tweenage girl :|

I bet you only know him from the movies.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2urkqav.jpg

Totally didn't post in the wrong thread then edit it with a quickly dug up image of the Amazing Spider-Man.

I really do love the new(classic) costume though! Best movie Spidey outfit yet.

It's almost as good as this one.
    2bpkls.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    2urkqav.jpg

Totally didn't post in the wrong thread then edit it with a quickly dug up image of the Amazing Spider-Man.

I really do love the new(classic) costume though! Best movie Spidey outfit yet.

I think the best is still Tobey's. This one just has a dumb grid on it, doesn't look like the spiderwebs from the original costume.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And even then, didn't pay attention - anyone remember the train station in the first movie? (Not to mention Jean's assessment, when Logan tried to blow Scott off as just having a stick up his attitude (paraphrasing, as I haven't watched it in a while): "If he stopped paying attention, he could blow a hole through a mountain just by looking at it. So yes, I think it's a good thing that he has some self-control.")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Oh, what other powers did he have in the comic book? :biggrin:
    jonsills wrote: »
    And even then, didn't pay attention - anyone remember the train station in the first movie? (Not to mention Jean's assessment, when Logan tried to blow Scott off as just having a stick up his attitude (paraphrasing, as I haven't watched it in a while): "If he stopped paying attention, he could blow a hole through a mountain just by looking at it. So yes, I think it's a good thing that he has some self-control.")

I'm not sure you understand what I said... either of you.

...holy god... are you two actually.... rabid Cyclops fan boys? o_O

I must warn the Best Friends! s( O 3 O)/
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh, what other powers did he have in the comic book? :biggrin:

You were talking about his personality and character, not powers. In the movies, that's the only place you'll see him as a blubbering little whiny boy, because the writers were apparently drooling over Wolverine.

He was angsty in the comic books, but who wouldn't be after all that he'd been through.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cut Wolverine out of 'x-continuum' and the effects are minor, cut Ol' Cyke out of it and all dies down....
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cut Wolverine out of 'x-continuum' and the effects are minor, cut Ol' Cyke out of it and all dies down....

Yup.

Another Cyclops fan here.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cut Wolverine out of 'x-continuum' and the universe implodes, cut Ol' Cyke out of it and the world has a street party....

Fixed that for you.

Vote Logan 2016 \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Vote Logan 2016 \o/

you just lost a lot of respect for me Nepht for being a Wolverine fan.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    you just lost a lot of respect for me Nepht for being a Wolverine fan.

You've just noticed....seriously??....REALLY!?! Have you seen my toons claws >_>
    Nepht is like the secret love child of Wolverine and Zero* from Megaman :P

*Yes I also like Zero

** Also powerwise your the closet thing this game has to Wolverine, you know wut they say about people in glass houses XD
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You've just noticed....seriously??....REALLY!?! Have you seen my toons claws >_>
    Nepht is like the secret love child of Wolverine and Zero* from Megaman :P

*Yes I also like Zero

** Also powerwise your the closet thing this game has to Wolverine, you know wut they say about people in glass houses XD

No, because I never see you at all since you hardly actually game with me :tongue:

No wonder you are such a bad team player, since you epitomize the worst team player in Marvel's franchise hehe.

I don't live in a glass house either since I build, to you know, actually play on teams :tongue:

And Wolverin ain't got S*&^ on me!
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, because I never see you at all since you hardly actually game with me :tongue:

No wonder you are such a bad team player, since you epitomize the worst team player in Marvel's franchise hehe.

I don't live in a glass house either since I build, to you know, actually play on teams :tongue:

And Wolverin ain't got S*&^ on me!

Very true I do tend to hide in places I'm very small. Most people think I am some sort of disembodied PM machine.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Very true I do tend to hide in places. Most people think I am some sort of disembodied PM machine.

That's cause you know I would remove that funk of a thousand years by using a staff of resurrection and staff of clean water on you :tongue:
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That's cause you know I would remove that funk of a thousand years by using a staff of resurrection and staff of clean water on you :tongue:

>_> Im minty fresh .
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cut Wolverine out of 'x-continuum' and the universe implodes, cut Ol' Cyke out of it and you have the X-Men movies

FIXEMS.
    asl;kjfhalkjsd
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    0k0236_famosos_sin_mascara-25.jpg
    I met Al Simmons at SDCC. He was Todd McFarlane's college roommate; he works for McFarlane Toys now. And he still doesn't know what he did to tick Todd off so badly that Todd would send him to Hell like that...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still a bit partial to his Injustice look but....

902110-general-zod-015_zpsb27bc5b4.jpg
    902110-general-zod-011_zps043300c1.jpg
    Man-of-Steel-General-Zod-Play-Arts-Kai-001_zps271319cb.jpg

I can't say he doesn't have a bit of awesome in this design.
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nepht wrote:
    Cut Wolverine out of 'x-continuum' and the universe implodes, cut Ol' Cyke out of it and you have the X-Men movies
    FIXEMS.
    asl;kjfhalkjsd

Case in point.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Yup.

Another Cyclops fan here.

Actually, i like Wolverine more.
    'COME AT ME, BRO!'

And...
    The obvious..
    Batmanadamwest.jpg
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    indian-superman-o.gif
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I must warn the Best Friends! s( O 3 O)/

Clearly, Cyclops is a failure of the movie writer :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You were talking about his personality and character, not powers. In the movies, that's the only place you'll see him as a blubbering little whiny boy, because the writers were apparently drooling over Wolverine.

He was angsty in the comic books, but who wouldn't be after all that he'd been through.

Yes.... angsty... again.. you make a good point for why he is nothing like a tweenage girl... o3o

Okay, take off your "rabid comic fanboy" hat for a second and realize that I'm making a joke. Again... you got really serious about something silly... so I'm going to stare at you like you've lost your mind o_O

I mean, at least Jon has an excuse for behaving that way.... but what's your excuse? u3u
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes.... angsty... again.. you make a good point for why he is nothing like a tweenage girl... o3o

Okay, take off your "rabid comic fanboy" hat for a second and realize that I'm making a joke. Again... you got really serious about something silly... so I'm going to stare at you like you've lost your mind o_O

I mean, at least Jon has an excuse for behaving that way.... but what's your excuse? u3u

Joking or not, lots of people don't give him a fair shake because of the movies.

And there's a big difference between having your life completely screwed with, and not having a boyfriend because you have braces.

And it's loads better than "I'm angry because I have a metal skeleton" junk.

And this is for you, to prove I'm not getting all super serious:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////o3o

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////o3o
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Quick rundown:

- Lost his parents to an alien abduction, while he and his brother fell from the plane they were in (with only one parachute). Suffered a concussion, and concomitant minor brain damage, on impact.

- Separated from his brother in the orphanage (turned out later to be part of Sinister's attempt to mold him into a ruthless villain). Sent to a series of unfit foster parents (same deal).

- At puberty, along with all the stuff guys usually have to deal with, began suffering horrible migraines, culminating in the development of highly destructive beams emanating from his eyes. And due to the aforementioned damage, he couldn't stop. Anything he looked at was destroyed.

- Finally adopted by someone halfway decent, who then spirited him away to upstate New York, gave him special goggles to control his beams, and began training him as a warrior.

- Note that even with his goggles, his attention can't falter, or he'll kill whoever is standing in front of him.

- Didn't even meet a girl after that until he was college-age. Fell in love with the first one he met (of course).

- Had an upstart to the team try to get in the way of his courtship of aforementioned girl. And through all the years, said upstart has never given him anything even approaching respect.

- Lost her twice - first to an alien life force that possessed her body, then in a final battle to prevent the destruction of Earth by the Shi'ar armada. Worse, when she finally fell - he was the one who had to kill her.

- Had her come back from the grave on more than one occasion. Had to put her back down each time.

I'd say the dude's earned a little angst...

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Nah, he's just a big tweenage girl with great hair. 'nuff said u3u

Jon, you done Fire and Ice yet?