test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Coalition

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Hello everyone, Imp here.

I am here on behalf of rabid and the others who are involved in this including patriot act, spectre and conquer. This was a pretty recent idea that we've had and rabid has recently bought a Vent server currently with the capacity for 50 people to use it at a time. If you don't know what Vent is, it is a chat channel a lot like skype but made for gamers for multi users at a time.

The idea that we had originally was to create a place for people to come and do whatever they like. We had the idea to create separate channels for various different groups / supergroups.

So we have put this all together now and over the past few days we've had various people on chatting about all the things we want to do for this. We had names such as Caliga and Old Glory on chatting and I must say it was actually great fun over this morning (for me) chatting to everyone on here.

We that various groups of people will contact us if they wish to have a separate / private channel. It will allow them to chat to each other if they make a team of people or just want to chat privately. We hope this will be a place for all players of CO to come and use for whatever purpose they need it for as well as meet everyone to create a closer community.

2je9vti.jpg

It's totally free, all you need to do is download the program "Vent" from here. - http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Here is the vent server info:

IP: malachite.typefrag.com

Port number: 6315

We really hope all players will be able to use this as they see fit, we want a troll free zone where we can create a closer community in CO and expand it to bring more people into the game.
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great idea and good work.
    I will give it a shot. I don't usually play voice chat, but I will give it a whirl.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, a vent server for CO huh? I hope Rabid didn't pay too much or it.

Thanks Rabid! (if you can read this lol)

Also just to make sure, anyone that plays CO can use this? Otherwise its an incredible effort to buy a server that size..I hope people use it appropriately.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, a vent server for all of CO. Wonder if we'll even get close to filling that 50 person limit.

These are the jokes folks :O
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2014
    Awesome, man, it'll be good to have that kind of chatting going on.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll give it a shot when I can.

Never used vent before, so this should be interesting.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Vent is a different version of TeamSpeak for anyone who's used that. It's pretty solid, I recommend running it as an admin so you don't get any conflicts with other programs :)

It's always nice to see more friendly communication among players, if I can tear myself away from the other Vent server I'm usually on I'll pop in to say hi now and then :P
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Good old vent. Will pop in from time to time. Thanks for hosting this.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just so you know ima still gonna death ray the lot of you. Starting with Caliga U_U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A lot of players with different points of view are already supporting this. We should definitely use this vent server to bring in a more unified community which rabid set up this vent specifically for. I'll certainly be active in it to chat with other players who will be interested in talking live.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sounds like a good idea,

now if someone could fix my hearing , so I could actually understand anyone on chat channels like Vent.
    I've tried various ones in various games, all I get is garbled mumbles and unless the voices are very different in pitch, they all sound the same to me.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sure, I'll check it out sometime.

We did something similar a week ago (only TeamSpeak instead of Ventrilo); perhaps a little more focused, but still open to all channel participants.

Thanks for offering this to the community.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited February 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    now if someone could fix my hearing , so I could actually understand anyone on chat channels like Vent.

You can change the volume of individual members by right clicking them, going into miscellaneous, then adding the Volume from the right into the left list and altering the volume by percentage. Remove and readd until you get it right.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Sure, I'll check it out sometime.

We did something similar a week ago (only TeamSpeak instead of Ventrilo); perhaps a little more focused, but still open to all channel participants.

Thanks for offering this to the community.

We are much more about building a community for every player of CO whoever they may be. Your team speak may be useful for some when the rampages start up though, lets hope they come soon. :D
  • amii85amii85 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow!!! This is just SO great! I almost (like it was even possible) hold my breath waiting for actual voice chat in game!!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]$о мaиу тоой$, $о lїттlё тїмё...
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    amii85 wrote: »
    Wow!!! This is just SO great! I almost (like it was even possible) hold my breath waiting for actual voice chat in game!!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

There used to be in game team chat, it was amusing cause your characters would actually move their faces based on pitch and loudness of the voices... I kinda miss that feature...
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Eh...Whats this?

It's another way for you to scream "CALIGAAAA!!!" to random strangers.

But this time using your real voice.
    edited February 2014
    scorpagor wrote: »
    It's another way for you to scream "CALIGAAAA!!!" to random strangers.

But this time using your real voice.

Hahaaaa!...He doesn't.
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll get on this eventually. I've been busy and haven't felt up to playing CO much at the moment, and I don't think I'd want to use it like Skype and just talk with everyone while I'm doing stuff other than the game I might know them through.

Perhaps in the Rampage Update I'll pop in.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    purin1 wrote: »
    I don't think I'd want to use it like Skype and just talk with everyone while I'm doing stuff other than the game I might know them through.

That's pretty much what everyone on there is using it for though... think zone chat but with sound.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    ... think zone chat but with sound.

:eek: That's a scary thought.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited February 2014
    We have done a few different types of chat - build building / game discussion / general chat / we had some great PvP going for a bit where amazingly no one was being kicked. :O It's only a few days old remember guys, we want different groups of people to come on to chat. What's wrong with chatting? :<

I like to chat.
    edited February 2014
    Rabid wants us to know that as the vent server grows more options will be added to have categorized voice chat rooms. There are ways to prevent it from being too clustered if there are many conversations going on at the same time.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, I had to leave my last vent channel due to a conflict with another player. I miss chatting with people, I'll be on after I get co reinstalled. Probably tomorrow-ish, because patches. Great stuff.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • rabidsquawrabidsquaw Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hey guy's.. thanks for your support.. we are doing great with this new project.. i have seen during peek hours 15-20 people on and its been alot of fun.. so please feel free to come on here and join us.. if yuo dont want to talk its ok.. just listen to us and use our new channel co.ALITION in game.. you can type there while you listen and we will all see your responses and question you might have. thanks again and happy hunting..

@RabidSquaw
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll try to muster up the confidence to click the dreaded connect button tonight, Even more to talk.

'tonight' being around an hour and a half from now.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is really cool guys! Just joined as well! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    edited February 2014
    The vent has been really useful for the new rampage. We've ended up being able to do it easily without any deaths without a healer at times. It's a lot easier and a lot more fun when you can talk to each other. =D