test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Taking screenshots in Windows 8.1?

epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
I'm just getting used to a spanking-new computer I got this weekend-- a big jump all the way from Windows XP, at that. While CO plays much better on this new machine (thank god), I've discovered that when I try to take screenshots or save costumes, it's not saving to the game's Program Files like it should be.

My keyboard is set up where I have to use [Fn] + PrintScreen. Taking captures outside the game works normally.

I initially though that it was either because (a) I imported screenshots from my old computer, or (b) everything in x86 was set to read-only by default for someodd reason... but trying to fiddle with either of those turned up without a fix.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
Post edited by epelesker on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Steam folder?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, I don't have Steam. I do have Arc, but there's nothing in there either.
    ----
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    epelesker wrote: »
    My keyboard is set up where I have to use [Fn] + PrintScreen. Taking captures outside the game works normally.

Did you type a /bind command to set this up? If you did, try saving a bind file (/bind_save_file "filename.txt") and posting what you have in here.

One thing I've run into a lot is that the game doesn't recognize the PrntScn key as a proper key - it uses the name SysRq instead for it. So if you did "/bind prntscn whatever" the binding would actually not register, while if you did "/bind sysrq whatever" it would.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I didn't have a special screenshot bind, even on my old install-- I think the only special bind I *do* have is the walk toggle!

PrntScrn shares with Insert on my keyboard, of all things.

Anyhow, I do have screenshots working now-- a SG friend who had a similar problem, suggested to me to simply reinstall CO elsewhere (out of Program Files, anyway).
    ----