test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Hail Her Majesty: Lady Selena

ztarztormerztarztormer Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Builds and Roles
Fellow Champions!

It's been awhile since I posted any builds in the forums, especially since during the break I took in playing they've changed a few mechanics.

Here's a build that I've trying to put together for a few days. It's an echo of sorts to the character of Queen Regina (aka Queen Let's See How This Week's Outfit Will Show Off My Cleavage), one of the sassiest and most bad@$$ characters on the show Once Upon a Time. No copyright infringement intended, just a build for the general idea of that type of character

The build:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Lady Selena

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Grimoire
Level 6: Coordinated
Level 9: Diplomatic
Level 12: Finesse
Level 15: Agile
Level 18: Brilliant
Level 21: Intimidating

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Pyromancer's Blades (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 14: Fireball (Rank 2, Unstable Accelerant)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Summon Shadows (Rank 2, Devouring Darkness)
Level 23: Concentration
Level 26: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
Level 29: Masterful Dodge
Level 32: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 35: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 38: Epidemic (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Mystic Flight (Rank 2)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (2/3)
Intelligence: Tinkering (1/2)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Note: These are just in the order I picked them in PH builder. Attacks can be moved around based on need.

This is one of the first times I'm utilizing non-Magic/Celestial attacks (mostly) in a sorcery toon. The reason being that in OUAT (and almost anything) magic can take many forms, in this case the manipulation of Fire.

The main powers are Fire Snake, Fireball, Pyromancer's Blades, and Epidemic. Fireball and Fire Snake work in tandem to debuff resistances to the other two powers. The basic sequence would be:
Tap Fireball->Fire Snake->Pyro Blades->Epidemic (mobs) or Fireball Spam (bosses).

Everything else, for the most part, can be changed around. I went with AoPM because it passively increases all stats so that gearing becomes less of a hassle. I also went with INT primary/mastery for this same reason. I imagine DEX would hit harder but I've had good results with INT. Ebon Destruction might work with a different stat setup, Primal Majesty works for a royal witch concept.

The Shadows work with Pyro Blades to give enemies other things to focus on. Other pets might work (Ebon Summon is more fire damage...) but the Shadows also give you some health as they attack.

For leveling you might want to consider Primal Sigils for damage until you get all powers, but in the end Ebon Sigils will further debuff enemies (unless you just unleash Lol-demic on them :D )

Finally, I just picked Epidemic for theme and easy leveling (taking it earlier of course). Other attack would certainly work. Avalanche or Conflagration could be used to take advantage of Fire Snake's elemental debuff, or Skarn's Bane for more removing buffs.

I haven't put this on live yet (I'm waiting til I get more toons to 40 for character slots) but in the meantime I'd love to hear feedback :)
Post edited by ztarztormer on

Comments