test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Have a Dream

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
I have a dream that one day this game will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed - we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all builds are created equal.

I have a dream that one day on the theme builders who choose powers based off their initial idea and the min maxers who spend hours searching for the best combination will be able to play together in a team of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the zone of Grond, a desert zone, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice for all build concepts.

I have a dream that my four low level characters will one day be level 40 in a game where they will not be judged by the concept of their build but by the usefulness each and everyone one has to offer.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in PvP, with its vicious tanks, with its maps kicking half of the players out every time; one day right there in B.A.S.H. new players and theme builders will be able to join hands with game vets and min maxers as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the game devs shall be revealed, and all heroes shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I will go back onto the PTS with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.

With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of Champions Online into a beautiful symphony of content. With this faith we will be able to work together, to play together, to create together, to farm together, to stand up for Champions together, knowing that it will be populated once again one day.

This will be the day, this will be the day when all of CO's heroes will be able to say with a new meaning: "The first true action MMORPG, be the hero you want to be, vast universe." And if Champions Online is to be a great game, this must become true.

And so let development ring from the prodigious flats of Westside.

Let development ring from the mighty mountains of the Desert.

Let development ring from the heightening skyscrapers of Ren Cen!

Let development ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Canada.

Let development ring from the curvaceous peaks of Caliga's helmet.

But not only that.

Let development ring from Volcano of Monster Island.

Let development ring from Dr. Ka's Brownstone of Vibora Bay.

Let development ring from every underwater hill and every small cave of Lemuria, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And when this happens, when we allow development to ring, when we let it ring from every cave and every respawn point, from every alert and every place to meet other heroes, we will be able to speed up that day when all of CO's heroes, theme builds and maxed builds, RP'ers and gamers, dev's and players, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Champions Online description: "The first true action MMORPG, be the hero you want to be, vast universe."
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3213623821584399612_zps4d459642.gif

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    giphy.gif
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tumblr_m8d9afGOtF1qirq2q.gif
    Champions: @ace112233
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    applause-gif-audience-public-applaudissements-bravo-congratulations-cinema-movie-gif-moi-moche-et-mechant-gif-wtf.gif
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • gwfisopgwfisop Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    %E7%9F%A5%EF%BC%8E%E5%BF%83%EF%BC%8E%E9%81%8A%E2%80%94%E2%80%94%E7%A6%8F%E5%BB%BA%E6%B7%B1%E5%BA%A6%E8%A1%8C.jpg

%E5%A5%A5%E9%87%8E%EF%BC%A4%EF%BD%92%EF%BC%8E.jpg

%E9%AB%98%E6%9D%BE%EF%BC%A4%EF%BD%92%EF%BC%8E.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
  • gwfisopgwfisop Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    %E5%80%99%E8%A3%9C%EF%BC%91%EF%BC%8E%EF%BC%91-thumb-250x333.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    op68ag.gif

Caption: Seriously, guys. You all need to chill out.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    20130115223458.gif o3o
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    legion_dance_animated_gif_by_maqeurious-d4xx770.gif

tumblr_mjopyaP0g91qzv1y5o1_500.gif
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    op68ag.gif

Oh gosh... this one just cracked me up with this strange look XD
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

jennifer-lawrence-23.gif
    biffsig.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a dream that one day this game will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed - we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all builds are created equal.

I have a dream that one day on the theme builders who choose powers based off their initial idea and the min maxers who spend hours searching for the best combination will be able to play together in a team of brotherhood.change human nature

I have a dream that one day even the zone of Grond, a desert zone, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four low level characters will one day be level 40 in a game where they will not be judged by the concept of their build but by the usefulness each and everyone one has to offer.change human nature

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in PvP, with its vicious tanks, with its maps kicking half of the players out every time; one day right there in Alabamaok Alabama is far enough away from me.:biggrin: new players and theme builders will be able to join hands with game vets and min maxers as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight,so you want it all flat and square
    and the glory of the game devs shall be revealed, and all heroes shall see it together.and they shalt scream "WTF happened?"

This is our hope. This is the faith that I will go back onto the PTS with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.

With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of Champions Online into a beautiful symphony of content. With this faith we will be able to work together, to play together, to create together, to farm together, to stand up for Champions together, knowing that it will be populated once again one day.it is populated, just not by as many people as you want

This will be the day, this will be the day when all of CO's heroes will be able to say with a new meaning: "The first true action MMORPG, be the hero you want to be, vast universe."and the Universe shalt sayeth "what me? fit in there?" And if Champions Online is to be a great game, this must become true.it already is a great game

And so let development ring from the prodigious flats of Westside.let the money come in to make them think it's worth putting more Devs on the game.

Let development ring from the mighty mountains of the Desert. repeat previous

Let development ring from the heightening skyscrapers of Ren Cen! repeat previous

Let development ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Canada. repeat previous

Let development ring from the curvaceous peaks of Caliga's helmet. that was nearly a VERY BAD picture

But not only that.

Let development ring from Volcano of Monster Island.that could be messy

Let development ring from Dr. Ka's Brownstone of Vibora Bay. "I told you, just a spare room, NOT a huge palace with attached mausoleum."

Let development ring from every underwater hill and every small cave of Lemuria, from every mountainside, let [Development ring! That should scare the fish nicely.

And when this happens, when we allow development to ring, when we let it ring from every cave and every respawn point, from every alert and every place to meet other heroes, we will be able to speed up that day when all of CO's heroes, theme builds and maxed builds, RP'ers and gamers, dev's and players, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Champions Online description: "The first true action MMORPG, be the hero you want to be, vast universe."If everyone else sings anything like me. That will scare off a large amount of people

not too bad a rewrite job you did, only missed one freedom
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    giphy.gif
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thats actually really well done.. nice o.O

riker.gif

I usually dont read such long posts because of my short attention span but I liked this one XD
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All theme builders and RPers ever had to do to compete in PVP or not feel like a gimp in PVE is not make 2nd class hero concepts. You dont make green arrows when you can make batmen, you dont make guy gardners when you can make hal jordans, you dont make Robo Cops when you can make Judge ****ing Dredd!

It really always has been that simple. If you made cyclops with eye beams rather then a head origin force cascade your not thinking right.

Likewise stop being wasteful in your build, most of the complaints I have always seen from the gimpy builds start with them taking to many offensive powers that feel the same need, all in the name of flavor.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    All theme builders and RPers ever had to do to compete in PVP or not feel like a gimp in PVE is not make 2nd class hero concepts. You dont make green arrows when you can make batmen, you dont make guy gardners when you can make hal jordans, you dont make Robo Cops when you can make Judge ****ing Dredd!

It really always has been that simple. If you made cyclops with eye beams rather then a head origin force cascade your not thinking right.

Likewise stop being wasteful in your build, most of the complaints I have always seen from the gimpy builds start with them taking to many offensive powers that feel the same need, all in the name of flavor.

You trolled the wrong thread, try again.

Britanniatongue.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Get out. ..
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014

When the point to the game is to be the hero you want to be, then themeing is everything. Pointing out that a "second rate" hero has no place in PvP is exactly what's wrong with PvP to being with. It's the point that a player wants to enjoy the fight without being ridiculed into no longer enjoying it via the attitude of "if you aren't the best you don't belong"

And on a side note without those so called lesser heroes the ones that most people know about wouldn't have half a shot in the spotlight.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014

lol, you posted in the wrong thread. Fail xD
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    not too bad a rewrite job you did, only missed one freedom

Heh, I re-wrote it at 5am so I think it was a good enough attempt. :D

Fixed the Alabama to B.A.S.H. which I was going to do at the time.
    text

Dr.-Who.gif
  • spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bunch of awesome text...

funny-pictures-cat-is-amazed.jpg#excited%20cat%20gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014

2/10 bad troll

Would not respond to again.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Ew, bat milk D:

ditto, I votes someone else gets to try and milk the bat
    lesser-bamboo-bat.jpg
    or do you get more milk from these ones
    Honduran%2BWhite%2BBat%2BTent%2BBat%2BEctophylla%2Balba%2Bcosta%2Brica%2B1.jpg
    Honduran White bats
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tumblr_mj3wucmZ1l1s4htrfo1_400.gif
    gibbslap.gif
    tumblr_ll78fwxKHj1qdaed5.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The real problem with milking bats is staying on the stool as it flies.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dr.-Who.gif

tumblr_mcviuiCKcl1rvtogd.gif o3o
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    The real problem with milking bats is staying on the stool as it flies.

And i though because of all the gadgets....
    Batcow!
    tumblr_msa1xzZtO51qcdcamo6_r1_500.jpg
    edited January 2014
    'Yet another boring stock mmo' with an greatest character creator ever!
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    oh the irony.
    tumblr_mpyhfzNeY31rftd23o1_500.gif

lifes-not-fair-scar-lion-king-gif1_zps7021bff9.gif

Why are you raging at me anyway?

You don't even have a clue what this game originally was, even before launch. Actually CoH was originally going to the be the first action MMO all that time ago but they were told it wasn't commercially viable. You have no idea what this game meant when it first came out and the things that it bought to the MMO market. Still, you feel that things have to stay exactly this way of many powers being broken and content being around lockboxes. Rejoice, for times are changing. Change is good.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Ew, bat milk D:

Well, he does have nipples...
    iUJt3pw.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    oh the irony.

I have a dream that this game not become yet another boring stock mmo.

Yes, there is irony here, but it's not where you think it is.