test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for Additional Instances.

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
In Champions Online, we have numerous buildings and caves amongst other things which could be opened up as RP instances or just for exploration.

Some missions we are able to do in CO, like Whiteout for example have some great indoor instances which would do well as instances for players to be able to use for RP scenarios or just to -be- in.

An example of such an instance would be Steelhead. The part of Whiteout where after speaking to Justiciar Steelhead opens up to reveal a lab instance. That Lab instance (where you speak to scientists etc) would be an awesome addition.

I am sure others agree that it would be a good idea to allow players to make sure of the things which have been worked on and provided by Development Team.

In addition to this suggestion, if anyone else has additional instances they'd like to see added to CO/made available from a mission, feel free to suggest it here.

Thank you. :smile:
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The other crafting areas that remain locked away.
    Socrates digital world.
    Harmon labs-or any alert instance.
    Incubus (or however it is spelled)
    Any named building in MC
    The museum.
    Destroyers factory.
    okay, I'll just say it, any instance currently in game.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes to all of that. Especially the Hi-Pan alert place. Because it looks awesome. An actual hospital would be nice too. I hear there's a Mercy Hospital just north of the RenCen. Considering how often crime happens, I'm sure it would get lots of patients.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    More places to explore and RP in? Sounds awesome to me! /signed
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    qynn411qynn411 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /signed
    I would absolutely love the ability to RP in more buildings. Plus, you can use them as a meeting place with friends or your SG (Since SG bases aren't happening, apparently)
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reusing special instances that were never used again for player luxury would be nice.

We should also include:

The Penthouse Lobby from Franklin Stone's Penthouse Queue

Harmon Labs

The museum from the Nemesis starting mission

The mansions from Vibora Bay

The OTHER club in Vibora Bay with all the vampires as an alternate to Club Caprice

Quick access to the Minefield club from Millennium City
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /SIGNED!

From the top of my head, I'd maybe add: Barlowe, City Hall, a fine restaurant, museums, art galleries, a posh clothing/department store, a couple more glossy, high-end venues, y'know... but also stuff like a pizza/coffee place, a comic-book store, I'm sure players would enjoy that...

In general I think new indoor instances would be interesting, in addition to all the suggestions above (i.e love the hospital idea), a few (most?) of the Alert areas, etc. :wink::smile:
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's my list:

Millennium City:
    • Genetics Lab - West Side
    • Dojo - West Side
    • Magic Lantern Bookstore - Downtown
    • Barlowe Building - Downtown - This one, I'll include some specifics: Use a lobby instance similar to the one featured in the Nighthawk alert - It's a very well designed map that gets like almost no screentime.
    • Some restaurant - Downtown - We keep seeing all these posters and ads around town for various restaurants (royal burger, darren's pizza, whatever that snail place is called), why not open up a shop somewhere for a bit of extra atmosphere?
    • Club Incubus - City Center - That egnimatic, pink-colored club nearby the Argent base. WHO KNOWS what HEINOUS things happen within its confined walls!?
    • Natural History Museum - City Center - This would be a really good place to put lore on factions. Use it to foreshadow to newer players what late-game factions like the Lemurians are, or Kigatilik's demons, or Irradiates, or whatever.
    • Hospital - Another one of those sentimental things: I honestly miss how dying in CoX and respawning would put you in a fully-detailed ward before you left and got back to work. True for all zones like these, they make for interesting new locales for screenshot taking/RP.

Canada
    • Force Station Steelhead
    • Slightly unrelated to the matter at hand, but a way that we could revive lairs: What if (perhaps even before a proper lair) the maps could include 'dungeon' maps with tighter corridors and thicker enemies, alongside more specific mission goals? Up to maybe 32/50 players could fit in there to keep things from becoming too hectic. Think something like Paragon City's sewers, only less massive/tedious to travel. Something like a mighty hall of Kigatilik or Necrulitic Ice Caverns might be neat.

Desert
    • Project Greenskin interior
    • DEMON temple - Make use of that mysterious south-southwestern portion of the map with the oasis.

Monster Island
    • ARGENT Lodge - Something semi-similar to the one featured in the Steel Commando mission, but a lot more open. Seriously, the one featured there is cool and all, but I'd think clientelle would much more appreciate a nice spanning view of the landscape. Kind of like combining it with the Penthouse Hideout.

Lemuria
    • UNTIL submarine base - The one towards the west of the map. Seriously, I want a nice area in Lemuria where I can appreciate the submarine environment without having to put up with swimming mechanics. a Series of glass tubes around the ocean floor would serve nicely for that... Speaking of which:
    • Lemurian Dome City
    • Pirate Cove

Vibora Bay
    • One of the smaller churches around town
    • Dockside Warehouse
    • Jazz Club!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))