What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Man i miss beeing evil.

2»

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    I guess you dont grasp the simple reality that Batman DID try to kill the joker after the death of Jason Todd, Superman pulled a mach 10 super fly mode to get there in time to stop him.

lol....reality
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The thing I have with a villain side is that as a hero, you're mostly passive, Baron von Bad Guy does something nefarious and now you gotta stop him, in the end your more or less just restoring the status quo. But now as the villain you're presumably going to win these engagements so what's the end game here? are we going to have hundreds of evil overlords taking over the world* or will the villain toons just stick to low end stuff like robbing banks, thanks to the fact we use abstract resources rather than actual money in game we can at least hand wave the fact that bank robbing presumably wouldn't make you filthy rich after one success.

*personally I kinda think we get enough people going "muhahaha I am the eviiiil archduke of shadow and fire who rules the 12th layer of hell" as is without the actual game telling you hey you totally took over the world in that mission even though nothing has actually changed in the game world.
  • magnumstarmagnumstar Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    enixonbb wrote: »
    The thing I have with a villain side is that as a hero, you're mostly passive, Baron von Bad Guy does something nefarious and now you gotta stop him, in the end your more or less just restoring the status quo. But now as the villain you're presumably going to win these engagements so what's the end game here? are we going to have hundreds of evil overlords taking over the world* or will the villain toons just stick to low end stuff like robbing banks, thanks to the fact we use abstract resources rather than actual money in game we can at least hand wave the fact that bank robbing presumably wouldn't make you filthy rich after one success.

*personally I kinda think we get enough people going "muhahaha I am the eviiiil archduke of shadow and fire who rules the 12th layer of hell" as is without the actual game telling you hey you totally took over the world in that mission even though nothing has actually changed in the game world.

Real life villains get away with committing crimes everyday so I see no problem with villains winning these engagements in game. But I do see your point about robbing banks and not getting any richer. My recommendation for that is instead of money the villain can gain resources he can spend on hiring goons or equipment/chemicals for their nefarious schemes. These don't necessarily need to be in game items but be more like the stuff you need to acquire to complete STO Doff missions. Something similar could be made for the heroes as well.

As for conquering the world that could be done as well. Certain criteria must be met before a villain is able to attempt his takeover -
    -Must be level 40
    -Must complete a series of missions, all must be completed if one is failed the villain must start the missions over. Some penalty for failing could also be included.
    -Only one villain at a time can hold the title of world conqueror.

Of course conquering the world and holding on to it are two different things. Superhero player characters as well as Villains can challenge your supremacy at any time, this could done by either the challenge/duel option or some type of queue type mission. If the title holder wins the battle he retains the title of world leader but if they fail then they have to start all over and complete all the quests again. The next villain who completes the quests 1st is now the world dominator.

There are some details that need hammering out like, what if the title holder isn't online? But I'm sure something can be accomplished to cover all contingencies.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    And it highlighted a truth mirrored by the two most iconic extremes in comicdom, That the alien god and the mortal man, both feel that the day the other takes a life directly, and intentionally, is the day that one has to be ended before they become a far greater threat to the world.

This says really bad things about both characters, or about the writers.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.