test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add on in hideouts

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
So while recording a demo making my character theme video I couldn't help but notice two extra rooms in every single different hideout. One looks like it would have been a duelling arena, the other seems like it was just being used as storage for props which some dev may have had the idea to allow the player to move around to customize their hideout.

I would pay so much to be able to have either of these two. The duelling arena would not only be really cool to have but also a really useful for duelling in private where there isn't much lag.

Here is the dueling arena room in the cave hideout:

2mrv40g.jpg

And if you're currious here is that random room full of props:

27y0a9u.jpg
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea. Our Main Hideout Interior Decorator got beamed to the Final Frontier so fast that he didn't have a chance to unlock the extra rooms and set up the furniture.
    Hopefully someone at the CN has spare time to kick down the doors atleast.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    YES! Cryptic North, please make this happen. The cave Hideout already seems smaller compared to the others and that's without the extra rooms.

Wonder if the Sanctum Hideouts have these rooms. I already know about the Space/Penthouse HQs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    YES! Cryptic North, please make this happen. The cave Hideout already seems smaller compared to the others and that's without the extra rooms.

Wonder if the Sanctum Hideouts have these rooms. I already know about the Space/Penthouse HQs.

Doubt it will happen. There have been several times that the Devs have ignored the extra rooms. This was found a looooong time ago, and brought up many many times before.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    Doubt it will happen. There have been several times that the Devs have ignored the extra rooms. This was found a looooong time ago, and brought up many many times before.

HOWEVER, Cryptic North has brought out features that we were told would never happen... I see no issue in readdressing ideas again, they may actually be listening now.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Basements are Worst, they are literally Claustrophobia Fuel!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Or...

Okay try to follow me on this one guys.

Or, they could go ahead and make the hideouts smaller so that the distance from the door to the shared bank isn't so long.

Okay I know that's gonna rustle some jimmies around here, so I came up with a backup or.

OR, maybe make a "janitors closet" hideout that is literally just a small room, about twice the size of a phone booth, with a small cardboard box on the floor in one corner (shared bank) and a coat rack on one side (tailor).

Either of these would fit my needs as they relate to how I actually use my hideout :D

Here are some visual aids:

jg4x.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUOY2XuJ2sUhwQfGm5uT29L4KnJL0_FQZjTHwxgtiY5WZq_85F
    4-coat-racks.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I think they all do, the moms basement one looks really cool. I'll go check it out when I get to the sanctum part of my video any maybe upload a screenshot of it. :)
  • Options
    mlmiimlmii Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally I'd be happy with the option to allow my friends/supergroup access to "my hideout" whether or not I was logged.

But then again I'd also like to pick what zone I enter when I leave my hideout as well... After all, if we can teleport to the moon, surely we can teleport elsewhere as well...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mlmii wrote: »
    Personally I'd be happy with the option to allow my friends/supergroup access to "my hideout" whether or not I was logged.

But then again I'd also like to pick what zone I enter when I leave my hideout as well... After all, if we can teleport to the moon, surely we can teleport elsewhere as well...

Ooooo yeah they could make like a teleporter or helicopte / private jet room or something. Where the player goes over to that and they can pick where they want to go like you can at the MC helicopter. :D
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2014

Yes, they do:

2dbkqoo.jpg

Sanctum also has a small unfinished hallway leading nowhere, but that's likely a leftover from Vibora Bay interior tileset used for this hideout.

Alas, I doubt if we'll ever see anything done to hideouts. They're left to rot, much like the Nemesis system.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just want the dammed hideout rooms..out already...I next time they have a livestream we just ask them about it and wish it for the next update.

Or make **** loads of posts about it
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    wbcd1w.jpg

It isn't just 2 rooms, if you have this hideout you also get a corridor leading to the rooms with lots of cool paintings. :D I actually thought this corridor looked rather cool.

29x9h8z.jpg
    wc1q4y.jpg

For close up pictures if anyone cares. The thing is it wouldn't just be a case of opening it up as some of the hideouts such as if you use cave on tropical will bug out and will no longer have any walls. This wouldn't be too hard to fix though. Also for the ones without corridors you could just set a teleporter up to and from each room.

However, meedacthunist may be right. -_-
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This was removed due to a mistake and error. I posted a replay instead of a new thread sorry guys lol.
    Psi.