test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whitelist Basic Subligar for use in all categories (with belts)

luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
Hello,

I would like to suggest allowing us to use the Basic Subligar piece (currently only available in Hip Wear) under any lower body category, the main purpose of this being that the classification for hip wear blacklists anything in the belts category, as most hip pieces will clip with items in Hip Wear that have actual models/geometry. Basic Subligar, however, is a slightly elevated tights texture placed over the original tights texture, and can't possibly clip noticably with any of the belt options unless they're ridiculously thin in the first place (I don't think any fit this criteria). Pants/special tights may clip with them, so maybe leave it out of those categories, though honestly if it looks bad people probably won't choose to use them in those categories in the first place.

A lot of great costumes can be made using Basic Subligar, but it's always frustrating dealing with the sharp edge left between the top of the tights and the torso, a belt would fix this in every case.

So please, consider whitelisting Basic subligar for use with belts?
---
two lines of plain text
the best kind of signature
Post edited by luesatchmo402 on

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seconding this; I ran into exactly the same problems - I eventually found a set of patterns that hid the edges, but being able to use a belt would be so much better.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is a major escalation from the original suggestion, but it's always been a hope of mine that they could remove ALL of the combination restrictions, or perhaps have the restrictions as a setting available under options, so that players who don't nerd out about costumes can have a streamlined tailor experience (sort of like the _Hidden_starter category for new players until they exit the tutorial), but those who want to push the creator further can do so without the restrictions.

Other pieces seem like they would offer new, GOOD looking combinations, namely, bracers and long gloves could most likely be set on top of eachother (already possible with some that are available in short gloves, and for the most part, they can be made to look great) as well as head pieces/masks being layered for more unique face geometry for robots/monsters etc.

Hairs could probably go with less restriction though they have a lot of volume so they may clip undesirably, but my thought is that if the clipping looks terrible enough, people just won't choose the ugly combinations and only seek out the good-looking ones in the first place. I'm sure we'd keep our general distribution of less than beautiful costumes from people who don't care to put lots of time in, but I feel like the creator in this game could do so much more if more combinations of various things were allowed, since clever use of clipping is the next level of costume creation that can really surprise one with what can be done in the game.

I know it's a big step to go from asking for one piece to be whitelisted to total costume creation anarchy, but I've seen other people wanting small changes like I do for various other bits, and depending on how the creator works(I honestly have no Idea how the categories/blacklist is set up), it might just be easier to axe the restrictions all at once and allow everything.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature