test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Force Powers

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
I'd like to see something done with Force that expands more on the Containment Fields & Shields aspect... currently the set seems to be more about Knocking things around, which is fine... but the set has potential for more and has a couple powers that express this potential...

So here's some ideas...

Starting with a change to an existing power...
Containment Field
Charge

+ Paralyzes the target. Paralyzed targets can't move or attack. The target is able to struggle to break free from the hold early, and damage the target takes will reduce the duration as well.
+ While held, the target is enclosed in a force bubble that absorbs a portion of incoming damage and also makes it more difficult to break the Paralyze.
- Must be fully charged.

Advantages:
Grinding Halt - 1pt
Causes your Containment Field power to remove travel powers from affected targets.

*NEW* Mass Containment - 2pt or 3pt
Causes your Containment Field power to become an AoE.
*NEW* Gravity Field
Maintain - Sphere PBAoE

+ Paralyzes Targets within _ feet. Paralyzed targets can't move or attack. The target is able to struggle to break free from the hold early, and damage the target takes will reduce the duration as well.
+ When hold ends, targets are knocked down.
+ Deals moderate Crushing Damage to Knock-Immune enemies.
+ Applies Stagger to Hold-Immune enemies.

Advantages:
Reverse Impulse - 2pt
Causes your Gravity Field to Knock-up targets instead when the hold effect ends.
*NEW* Reverberating Force Field
Click - Shield

+ Grants target ally Reverberating Shield. Reverberating Shield provides +_ Damage Reduction for _ seconds, _% of reduced incoming damage is radiated outwards.
- Target cannot be affected by Reverberating Force Field again for _ seconds.

Advantages:
Field Inversion - 2pt
This advantage causes damage pulses from Reverberating Force Field to briefly invert the harmonics of any force field affecting your target, causing it to emit a pulse of kinetic energy, dealing damage to and around your target.
*NEW* Expansive Force
Tap/Charge - Ranged/Ranged AoE

Tap
+ Single target Crushing Damage
+ Staggers target

Charge
+ Heavy Single Target Crushing damage to primary target
+ AoE Crushing Damage to enemies in area based on charge (the size of the AoE, not the damage)
+ Knocks back & Staggers Targets
+ Deals slightly increased damage versus enemies that are immune to Knock Back, such as bosses
- Charging this power for more than 1 second will prevent you from charging it again for 8 seconds.

Advantages:
Implosive Expansion - 1pt
This advantage will cause your Expansive Force to knock targets affected by it's AoE to the Primary Target when charged.

Harmonics - 2pt
Targets hit by your Expansive force will suffer from Harmonics. Harmonics deals _ Crushing & Sonic damage every 2 seconds. Harmonics does not stack, applying Harmonics will add to it's duration. Harmonics is treated as a shield for effects of Field Inversion, Harmonics duration is halved when this occurs.
*NEW* Compression
Charge

+ Places a Compression Shield on target. Compression Shield does _ Crushing damage every 0.5 seconds for _ seconds to target. The target is shielded from outside damage for the duration of this effect.
+ Damage cause by this ability will bypass shields
- Must be fully charged

Advantages:
NONE (It already ignores shields any further advantages would make it OP)
Field Resonance
Energy Unlock

+ Grants energy when applying or detonating shields
(Field Inversion & Harmonics will trigger this in addition to any shield or containment field)
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png
Post edited by raighn on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Any thoughts? Opinions? Additions? Subtractions? Concerns?
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I could get behind powers like these. Always wanted better powers for force
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I myself have suggested powers very similar to these in the past so yes i could definately back these proposed additions. Force powerset imo doesnt make enough use of force fields as constructs or for shielding and attack purposes. Its very much blast based. Additions would be very welcome if they showed creative usage
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I myself have suggested powers very similar to these in the past so yes i could definately back these proposed additions. Force powerset imo doesnt make enough use of force fields as constructs or for shielding and attack purposes. Its very much blast based. Additions would be very welcome if they showed creative usage

I really dislike how focused on Blasts and Knockbacks Force is currently... Even though a couple of my suggestions still involve knocks they aren't truly focused on them. I'd love to see more than just this handful added... but I get the feeling we'd have better luck asking for a small selection rather than essentially an entire powerset >.<
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not really a force specific thing, but still it effects one of your proposals.

All (or non, but I prefer all) paralyzes should just work on taps, with a secondary effect for charging.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    Not really a force specific thing, but still it effects one of your proposals.

All (or non, but I prefer all) paralyzes should just work on taps, with a secondary effect for charging.

This. Also I will be looking at each of the proposed powers in my next post :smile:

Secondary effect for charging the shields should be periodic crushing damage (minor), which does NOT affect hold duration.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So... what if this change were made to Containment Field
    Containment Field
    Tap/Charge

Tap
    + Paralyzes the target. Paralyzed targets can't move or attack. The target is able to struggle to break free from the hold early, and damage the target takes will reduce the duration as well.
    + While held, the target is enclosed in a force bubble that absorbs a portion of incoming damage and also makes it more difficult to break the Paralyze.

Charge
    + Increase the strength and duration of the the Paralyze and Shield

Advantages:
    Grinding Halt - 1pt
    Causes your Containment Field power to remove travel powers from affected targets.

Causes your Containment Field power to become an AoE when charged at least half way.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Containment Field
    Charge

- Must be fully charged.

Advantages:
    Grinding Halt - 1pt

Causes your Containment Field power to become an AoE.

First off is to remove this portion of the power:
    "While held, the target is enclosed in a force bubble that absorbs a portion of incoming damage"

That right there, is one of the MAJOR if not THE most counterproductive mechanic this hold has. Currently Containment Field in game shields your target for a straight 50% to all incoming damage. What is worse is that this shielding is 1/1 shielding which means it affects EVERYTHING, including Cosmic level foes and Legendry foes like Gravitar.

Back when New Telepathy's Mental Leech (Dependency) was healing foes, if used in conjunction with Containment Field you effectively could become Villain Support.

Advantage: Mass Containment (I am glad you chose this name, I was going to suggest it :wink:)

There are two things you could do with this advantage, remove it or expand upon it.

Expand upon it: This should be a 2 point advantage and have a 7 target limit.

I'd suggest this-->Remove it: This should be removed and change Containment Field into an AoE Paralyze (like Mental Storm) but with a wider radius. Make it an actual construct with a 20ft sphere around the main target, which when fired off traps all foes within a 20ft radius of targeted foe for a duration.

Note: IF advantage is removed and the power still has to apply a shield (1/1) on targets make sure this does not impact incoming damage but in fact the shield deals periodic crushing damage to targets, this damage would be fairly minor and perhaps a static given value affected only by rank.

EDIT: Regarding post #8 - The shield that Containment Field places over a target as I've mentioned should be done away with for damage absorption to foe purposes. The shield it places was never and should not really be a changing value like Protection Field numbers. Rather it should be (1/1) which is the lowest value a shield can have, meaning it doesn't need to absorb anything, thus stopping the power from being counterproductive. Charging Containment Field would perhaps effect (if you take on board my advice) the crushing damage duration and perhaps the strength of it. The paralyze being affected by it, whilst it would make sense, would make it less desirable as some of the new CC powers like Bolas grant a paralyze from the get go, charge only increasing the damage the initial holding does.

Gravity Field - The existence of this power would negate the need for Containment Field at all, unless you specifically wanted single target holds (which is not to your best interests). Following the advice I've given above about Containment Field you could turn Gravity Field into a debuff which Containment Field applies to hold immune targets, which reduces movement speed and damage strength.

Click - Shield

+ Grants target ally Reverberating Shield. Reverberating Shield provides +_ Damage Reduction for _ seconds, _% of reduced incoming damage is radiated outwards.

Advantages:
    Field Inversion - 2pt
    This advantage causes damage pulses from Reverberating Force Field to briefly invert the harmonics of any force field affecting your target, causing it to emit a pulse of kinetic energy, dealing damage to and around your target.

The advantage on this power sounds as if it would be a healers/bubblers worst nightmare, as it looks as if it would damage shielded targets, since it only affects allies.

It also sounds like a lesser version of Protection Field which could be used in conjunction with it for great defense.

One of the powers I suggested a while back was this:
    Defensive Bubble - You can utilize your force fields for offensive or defensive purposes. You can entrap your foes in a force field which reflects a portion of all out going damage back to the attacker. You can also use this bubble to shield your allies and yourself, granting temporary damage reflection and damage mitigation. (Basically a merge of Containment and Protection Field, so dual functionality like Rebuke's heal/dmg mechanic).

+ Places a paralyze on a target and reflects 40% of out going damage back to target

+ If an ally or self, it provides minor XX damage absorption and reflects 50% of all incoming damage back to the attacker (100% of damage).

- This buff lasts for 20 seconds but can be deactivated prematurely by overwhelming damage. (Same goes for foes but when they break out of the hold).

+ Your shielded ally or self will suffer from the debuff "Gravitational Distortion" which prevents them from being affected by Defensive Bubble for a short time.
    *NEW* Expansive Force
    Tap/Charge - Ranged/Ranged AoE

Tap
    + Single target Crushing Damage
    + Staggers target

Charge
    + Heavy Single Target Crushing damage to primary target
    + AoE Crushing Damage to enemies in area based on charge (the size of the AoE, not the damage)
    + Deals slightly increased damage versus enemies that are immune to Knock Back, such as bosses
    - Charging this power for more than 1 second will prevent you from charging it again for 8 seconds.

Advantages:
    This advantage will cause your Expansive Force to knock targets affected by it's AoE to the Primary Target when charged.

Harmonics - 2pt
    Targets hit by your Expansive force will suffer from Harmonics. Harmonics deals _ Crushing & Sonic damage every 2 seconds. Harmonics does not stack, applying Harmonics will add to it's duration. Harmonics is treated as a shield for effects of Field Inversion, Harmonics duration is halved when this occurs.

This power from the description looks a tad annoying, in the sense that the damage it deals would be heavily stunted by the 8 second charging lockout.

Change Harmonics name to Shockwave since it has crushing AND sonic damage. Make it a DoT which is refreshable.

My idea was similar but different:
    Force Crush- You focus your force fields and stack them in a tower of solid energy over your opponent and then release them for devastating damage.

+ Deals heavy crushing damage to up to five targets around your main target.

+ Knocks down all affected targets

+ Deals increased damage versus knock immune targets such as bosses

(I understand a force power like this did once exist in CO Beta but was removed.)
    *NEW* Compression
    Charge

+ Places a Compression Shield on target. Compression Shield does _ Crushing damage every 0.5 seconds for _ seconds to target. The target is shielded from outside damage for the duration of this effect.
    + Damage cause by this ability will bypass shields
    - Must be fully charged

Advantages:
    NONE (It already ignores shields any further advantages would make it OP)

Unknowingly, this power seems tailored for use against PFF users or bubblers specifically. Reason being that not many NPC's in game utilize shielding at all.

Aside from VIPER Squad Leaders/Gadgeteering Nemesis and a few others, players are the only ones who use shields in abundance.

Shielding your foes from damage is never a good idea.

I did some digging and I found my old Kinetic Spheres suggestion:
    Kinetic Spheres - You send balls of force out which encapsulate your targets and deal crushing damage over time. They are momentarily paralyzed but this effect quickly wears off.

+Deals medium crushing damage over time to 10 targets max.

+ Adds a 4 second paralyze on casting to all targets

As for:
    Field Resonance

Energy Unlock

(Field Inversion & Harmonics will trigger this in addition to any shield or containment field)

I came up with this which is sort of a dual purpose energy unlock for both Might and Force:
    Kinetic Reverberation - Never has knocking enemies been so rewarding! By focusing on Kinetic Capture, you can draw energy from your enemies in terms of the energy they produce whilst flying through the air.

+ Energy Return scales with EGO or STR whichever is higher. But is affected by your Recovery statistic.

+ Each time you knock or repel an enemy more than 10 feet or attempt to knock an enemy you gain Potential Energy, which grants you energy over time.

Sort of like a Force MSA if you will, but it's central theme was to do with knocking. IF shield detonation and manipulation was more viable/rewarding your energy unlock would be great fun I reckon.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a huge fan of the shield from Containment Field myself... but wasn't the purpose of it to strengthen the hold? If we can get the same hold strengthening effect without the reduction to outside damage sources then that would be great...

As for Reverberating Force Field's advantage... oops >.< I just copy pasted the effect of the same advantage on Force Blast... meant to change that bit... it's not supposed to deal damage to the shielded target, just NPCs around them, and cause any enemies near them with shields/containment fields to be affected by the shield inversion effect

the Harmonics advantage does apply a DoT... it does refresh too just not how most DoTs do... it's more like how Shredded works... reapplying it refreshes and extends the duration

Compression was really more designed to be stacked on top of targets affected by Containment Field, as well as produce another shield that can be detonated by Field Inversion... which would effectively give you 3 methods of creating shields to detonate on enemies: Containment Field, Expansive Force (Harmonics), & Compression. Harmonic's being the least intrusive to other players due to it not actually shielding damage.

I thought having an EU focused on shield usage would be a nice change from the norm, and fit the new powers quite well.... a second EU focused on the knocks would still be a good addition as well.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I remember when foes broke free from Containment Field and still ran around with the bubble around them. At least the shield dies when they break out now.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    raighn wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the shield from Containment Field myself... but wasn't the purpose of it to strengthen the hold? If we can get the same hold strengthening effect without the reduction to outside damage sources then that would be great...

From a hold perspective it doesn't actually add that much to the hold, if anything at all. Remember from your last thread about Crowd Control? Hold HP here is screwed up as well, so people when they breakout early gain a 50% reduction to incoming damage for a time, since the shield is a separate layer to the paralyze.

My suggestion would be for the "shield layer" to do one of the following:

- Deal periodic minor crushing damage

OR

- Accelerate the impact of incoming physical damage attacks (basically make attacks hit harder by a % for the shield being active as you manipulate it to make attacks have higher speed, sort of like a vacuum inside the shield which you create if you will)
    As for Reverberating Force Field's advantage... oops >.< I just copy pasted the effect of the same advantage on Force Blast... meant to change that bit... it's not supposed to deal damage to the shielded target, just NPCs around them, and cause any enemies near them with shields/containment fields to be affected by the shield inversion effect.

Ah I did wonder lol. Still my point about NPC's still stands, not a lot of them utilize shields nor project them on others. PSI/Mentalist Psionic Shields don't count as "bubbles" so wouldn't be affected either. Seems very much tailored for anti-bubble/PFF use.
    the Harmonics advantage does apply a DoT... it does refresh too just not how most DoTs do... it's more like how Shredded works... reapplying it refreshes and extends the duration

I see, sounds good then, just adjust the name, Harmonics, to me doesn't sound like a damaging effect.
    Compression was really more designed to be stacked on top of targets affected by Containment Field, as well as produce another shield that can be detonated by Field Inversion... which would effectively give you 3 methods of creating shields to detonate on enemies: Containment Field, Expansive Force (Harmonics), & Compression. Harmonic's being the least intrusive to other players due to it not actually shielding damage.

It's a nice idea but would cause unnecessary set up. Also shielding foes is always a no-no. If you were not to adjust the suggestions, this would happen:

Containment Field - 50% reduction + Compression Shield = immunity to all damage + 50% damage reduction

Adding Expansive Force's Harmonics DoT to that combo would make the DoT fairly useless as it would be cut in half by containment field's 50% reduction, upon being a DoT, would end up something akin to 1's or 5's or something.

I'm not going to lie, I've never been much of a fan for detonating force fields in CO because of Containment Field's horribly counterproductive mechanic. Although with some tweaking, as I suggested, I can see myself creating MULTIPLE force toons, either that or trying to cram some of these onto ForceGirl xD
    I thought having an EU focused on shield usage would be a nice change from the norm, and fit the new powers quite well.... a second EU focused on the knocks would still be a good addition as well.

Absolutely.

I've always wanted AoE Force Fields and I KNOW it is possible in CO;

Practice.png:wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok... made some adjustments, I'd like to know if they are better before changing the first post
    Containment Field
    Tap/Charge

Tap
    + While held, the target is enclosed in a force bubble deals _ Crushing damage to the target when struck.

Charge
    + Increase damage when struck

Advantages:
    Grinding Halt - 1pt

Causes your Containment Field power to become an AoE. This AoE affect more targets in a wider area when charged.

No longer shields the target from damage, instead the "shield" deals additional damage based on charge.
    *NEW* Gravity Field
    Maintain - Sphere PBAoE

+ Paralyzes Targets within _ feet. Paralyzed targets can't move or attack. The target is able to struggle to break free from the hold early, and damage the target takes will reduce the duration as well.
    + When hold ends, targets are knocked down.

Advantages:
    Reverse Impulse - 2pt
    Causes your Gravity Field to Knock-up targets instead when the hold effect ends.

Haven't changed anything on this one yet... though I'm thinking it should use a different hold type than Paralyze...
    Click - Shield

Advantages:
    Shockwaves - 2pt
    This advantage causes the damage pulses from Reverberating Force Field to briefly invert the harmonics of any force field affecting enemies near them, causing damage to and around those enemies.

Renamed the advantage and corrected the effect to better outline what it does. Also I forgot to respond about this part: "It also sounds like a lesser version of Protection Field which could be used in conjunction with it for great defense." that is indeed the idea... it should still be decent on it's own but the hopes is that it will be an outer layer defense and compound with other shielding powers for great effect.

I fully expect the duration to be shorter than the reapplication lockout, however it should have no cooldown allowing you to place it on multiple allies simultaneously. With the effect of the power however, that reapplication lockout shouldn't be to unreasonable either, especially when combined with other shields.
    *NEW* Expansive Force
    Tap/Charge - Ranged Single Target/Ranged AoE

Tap
    + Heavy Single Target Crushing damage
    + Staggers target

Charge
    + Fully charging this power will boost your Crushing damage for a short time
    - Fully charging will prevent you from charging it again for 8 seconds

Advantages:

Harmonics - 2pt
    Targets hit by your Expansive force will suffer from Harmonics. Harmonics deals _ Crushing & Sonic damage every 2 seconds. Harmonics does not stack, applying Harmonics will add to it's duration. Harmonics is treated as a shield for effects of Field Inversion & Shockwaves, Harmonics duration is halved when this occurs.

Removed the single target damage scaling from the charge, made the charge component for AoE effect only, with a damage buff when fully charged, as well as changing the charge lockout to only trigger on a full charge.
    *NEW* Compression
    Charge

+ Compression does _ Crushing damage every 0.5 seconds for _ seconds to target.
    + Additional damage has a _% chance to apply Harmonics. Harmonics deals _ Crushing & Sonic damage every 2 seconds. Harmonics does not stack, applying Harmonics will add to it's duration. Harmonics is treated as a shield for effects of Field Inversion & Shockwaves, Harmonics duration is halved when this occurs.
    - Must be fully charged

Advantages:
    NONE

No longer ignores shields, nor does it apply it's own shield anymore. Instead it is a second source of the Harmonics DoT
    Field Resonance
    Energy Unlock

(Field Inversion, Shockwaves, & Harmonics will trigger this in addition to any shield or containment field)

No real change, just a tip adjustment to include Shockwaves

Personally I like the name Harmonics for the DoT, it fits the theme and can represent the effect quite well.
    harmonic: a component frequency of a complex wave (as of electromagnetic energy) that is an integral multiple of the fundamental frequency

Think of it as having a crushing headache... that feeling of having your head in a vice-grip and that incessant ringing that seems to just get louder and louder every second... then amplify it... thats really the idea behind the DoT. With that concept on the DoT I really had 2 options for names "Harmonics" or something pertaining to a headache such as "Migraine" but uh... yea... if this were Telepathy then "Migraine" would certainly make sense as a DoT, not so sure about having it as the name of a DoT from Force though...

And because you mentioned it...
    *NEW* Expansive Shielding
    Tap/Charge

Tap
    + Places a force shield at target location protecting allies within it

Charge
    + Increase the size and strength of the shield

Advantages:
    Shield Coating
    Causes the shield effect to persist for a short time on allies who leave the shielded area.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok... made some adjustments, I'd like to know if they are better before changing the first post

No longer shields the target from damage, instead the "shield" deals additional damage based on charge.

Good change, it looks like for all of these you took on board my feedback. <3
    Haven't changed anything on this one yet... though I'm thinking it should use a different hold type than Paralyze...

Make it into a stun with knock and heavy snare after effects OR a stun with a chance to knock down and a guaranteed snare.
    Renamed the advantage and corrected the effect to better outline what it does. Also I forgot to respond about this part: "It also sounds like a lesser version of Protection Field which could be used in conjunction with it for great defense." that is indeed the idea... it should still be decent on it's own but the hopes is that it will be an outer layer defense and compound with other shielding powers for great effect.

I fully expect the duration to be shorter than the reapplication lockout, however it should have no cooldown allowing you to place it on multiple allies simultaneously. With the effect of the power however, that reapplication lockout shouldn't be to unreasonable either, especially when combined with other shields.

Similar to bionic shielding's "Bionic Tampering" debuff. Sounds good to me.
    Removed the single target damage scaling from the charge, made the charge component for AoE effect only, with a damage buff when fully charged, as well as changing the charge lockout to only trigger on a full charge.

Good change, I am thinking it's damage and function would be akin to Gigabolt? If so then yes I agree, can be used for spam tapping but generates an internalized CD upon full charge *gives thumbs up*
    No longer ignores shields, nor does it apply it's own shield anymore. Instead it is a second source of the Harmonics DoT.

Yaaay!
    Personally I like the name Harmonics for the DoT, it fits the theme and can represent the effect quite well.

Think of it as having a crushing headache... that feeling of having your head in a vice-grip and that incessant ringing that seems to just get louder and louder every second... then amplify it... thats really the idea behind the DoT. With that concept on the DoT I really had 2 options for names "Harmonics" or something pertaining to a headache such as "Migraine" but uh... yea... if this were Telepathy then "Migraine" would certainly make sense as a DoT, not so sure about having it as the name of a DoT from Force though...

When I think of harmonics, I think of the harmonics of a force field, on it's own Harmonics doesn't sound "threatening"...perhaps change it to "Fluctuating Harmonics" or something to signify the DoT component.
    And because you mentioned it...

Hehe, my own version is sort of similar, but perhaps better suited as an Ultimate move (which I have suggested it as in the past, on the thread dealing with Ultimate powers, it was a defensive ultimate, there was an offensive one too):
    Force Field - (Mah AoE shielding *-*) - When the going gets tough and your team need protection, you are ready to prove your worth by creating and expanding an impenetrable and large field of defensive energy, repelling all would be attackers and providing the ultimate defense.

+ The force field blocks the line of sight for all attackers from all angles, stopping shielded targets from being attacked.

+ All targets within field gain minor energy from the shield each time it is struck

+ Your force field covers a 30ft radius with unlimited target shielding.

+ Lasts longer than a normal active defensive, and has a moderate energy cost.

- You can only hold a powerful shield like that for so long. (25 seconds) (100 sec recharge)

- The caster cannot move with the shield whilst it is active.

It was a rough idea but it is definitely possible in CO if the pic I posted is anything to go by :tongue:

Also, all crowd control effects would be continued to be regulated by the current stats we have in place.

Introducing things like EGO or other stats for crowd control would nullify the usage of Manipulator, also EGO is primarily a damaging stat, granting it crowd control would over power the stat.

Crowd Control is a specialist area, that being said the paralyzes would be of normal strength that we have in CO duration wise and Hold HP wise without Manipulator or spec influence (Hold HP is standard).

This would be around 17 seconds paralyze at rank 3.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Additional changes
    *NEW* Gravity Field
    Maintain - Sphere PBAoE

+ Stun Targets within
    + When hold ends, targets are knocked down and Snared

Advantages:
    Reverse Impulse - 2pt

*NEW* Expansive Force
    Tap/Charge - Ranged Single Target/Ranged AoE

Tap
    + Heavy Single Target Crushing damage
    + Staggers target

Charge
    + Fully charging this power will boost your Crushing damage for a short time
    - Fully charging will prevent you from charging it again for 8 seconds

Advantages:

Harmonics - 2pt
    Targets hit by your Expansive force will suffer from Harmonic Fluctuation. Harmonic Fluctuation deals _ Crushing & Sonic damage every 2 seconds. Harmonic Fluctuation does not stack, reapplying Harmonic Fluctuation will add to it's duration. Harmonic Fluctuation is treated as a shield for effects of Field Inversion & Shockwaves, Harmonics duration is halved when this occurs.

*NEW* Compression
    Charge

+ Compression does _ Crushing damage every 0.5 seconds for _ seconds to target.
    + Additional damage has a _% chance to apply Harmonic Fluctuation. Harmonic Fluctuationdeals _ Crushing & Sonic damage every 2 seconds. Harmonics does not stack, reapplying Harmonic Fluctuation will add to it's duration. Harmonic Fluctuation is treated as a shield for effects of Field Inversion & Shockwaves, Harmonic Fluctuation duration is halved when this occurs.
    - Must be fully charged

Advantages:
    NONE

Field Resonance
    Energy Unlock

(Field Inversion, Shockwaves, & Harmonic Fluctuation will trigger this in addition to any shield or containment field)

Changed DoT name to "Harmonic Fluctuation", and took your suggestion for change to Gravity Field
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Too bad we had at one point in beta a mass area shield that knocked enemies out of the area and provided defense to allies inside of it. Was cut for whatever reason.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Besides, force holds in a force build? sounds like it should scale on EGO to me, even for telepathy, EGO is supposed to represent willpower. which sounds like something holds should scale on. Manipulator would still be a viable option. as it wouldn't be changed to scale on ego. so, you'd have better holds with pres. BUT if you want to just have some decent gravity type holds... why not EGO? (yes I peeked at your post raven curiosity got the better of me and you have a point. I edited my post to address this.)

crowd control should not be a specialist area. it should be an area specialists do better in for sure, but decent amounts should be more widely avaliable. you know all too well how easily holds are broken in pvp, so granting ego crowd control wouldnt really overpower it if the holds which used it were only specific powers.

Just to address this....

"decent gravity/force holds" are extremely possible without having to buff EGO to stupid levels of OPness.

Having an EGO, is an inflated sense of self, since you wish to talk about semantics. In game, Ego allows you to have high hold resistance and the ability to break out of holds faster than the average joe/jane without high EGO and rightly so, because your will power would allow you to break holds better, not secure people in stronger holds, that is where your influence (Presence) and intellect (Intelligence) come into play, hence their roles respecting Crowd Control in game.

If you are statting EGO, it's likely you are looking for damage, not crowd control.

Crowd control IS a specialist area, this does not mean people cannot dip into it, players are perfectly capable of getting 17 second Paralyzes without having to resort to using Crowd Control. How? By ranking up the power.

Note: I myself use EGO PSS and would NOT advocate such a change even though it would benefit me greatly, that is taking something too far, stretching and needlessly bending crowd control, most of these are MASS Holds anyway, so the easy win route would be:

AoPM + EGO PSS + CON/INT/REC = High Damage and survival with mass holding amongst other things. = Tankmage-esque/FoTM usage incoming.

These powers which I have suggested before (in essence and principle) and which are being (thankfully) suggested again, are intended to be useful additions, not OP additions.
    cyrone wrote: »
    Too bad we had at one point in beta a mass area shield that knocked enemies out of the area and provided defense to allies inside of it. Was cut for whatever reason.

Yeah, I remember being told about this, it's a pity, BUT it does show that AoE Shielding, real AoE shielding is entirely possible in CO, again.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Loving these suggestions, and the fact that they seem to focus more on creative use of force fields, bubbles, as opposed to blasting. :smile:

If I may suggest a Travel power to go along, something akin to Snowball Roll (think Violet from "The Incredibles") - a rolling Force bubble [bowling time!]), I think could be kinda awesome! :biggrin:
    Now, this one sounds really cool, wish I'd seen it. May we haz it back, pls!?! :tongue:

Anyways.
    /So. /Signed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spordelia wrote: »
    Loving these suggestions, and the fact that they seem to focus more on creative use of force fields, bubbles, as opposed to blasting. :smile:

If I may suggest a Travel power to go along, something akin to Snowball Roll (think Violet from "The Incredibles") - a rolling Force bubble [bowling time!]), I think could be kinda awesome! :biggrin:

Oooo... that'd be totally wicked! Though Hyperball is sorta like this already... though a travel with a Force style bubble shield visual would still be awesome to see added... maybe a series of them.. one Acro/Roll style, another flight version, and another that could be the first in a new travel type "Bounce" while active the TP will cause you to bounce off objects in your path
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I also remember there being an AoE damage + hold power for force during beta. In fact, Kevin Poe used to use this power but it didn't have an animation when he used it.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I also remember there being an AoE damage + hold power for force during beta. In fact, Kevin Poe used to use this power but it didn't have an animation when he used it.

Actually... I remember it having an animation... it used the clap animation... I used to jump backwards as fast as I could as soon as I saw the animation start up... I got nearly KOed by that hold one to many times...

I miss the old Force power Kevin Poe...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spordelia wrote: »

Now, this one sounds really cool, wish I'd seen it. May we haz it back, pls!?! :tongue:

Anyways.
    /So. /Signed.

*squeals* VIOLET <3

God I miss The Incredibles...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Actually... I remember it having an animation... it used the clap animation... I used to jump backwards as fast as I could as soon as I saw the animation start up... I got nearly KOed by that hold one to many times...

I miss the old Force power Kevin Poe...

Was referring to the graphics on the power itself. Poe did the character model animation but after that there was nothing. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Was referring to the graphics on the power itself. Poe did the character model animation but after that there was nothing. :biggrin:

Ah, yea... well it shouldn't really take to much effort to apply the Force Bubble effect to the held targets or a small activation effect on the user's hands like the start of Force Eruption...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    First and foremost, though... *points to signature*
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • Options
    ... 2 years later and I still think these are worth being added...
    jniKqKJ.png