test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game is still too easy! Need new advice.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
So for the longest time, the people who claim the game isn't too easy have said things along the line of "NO, the game is too easy FOR YOU because you make all these SUPER BUILDS. You want the game to be challenging? Build weak characters!".

So I did it. Over the course of several months now, I've built squishy characters... I built characters with low damage output... I did just about everything I could think of to make my characters weak. I had already played archetypes (even an Inferno!) previous to all this, so that was already off the board to begin with.

And you know what happened? Not only did the game not become more challenging... it actually became more boring! As it turns out, trying to purpose build a weak character is the complete opposite of building a character that is in any way interesting or fun!

So, going by how that all went, I don't think I can believe you guys anymore when you make the claim that you find challenge in this game because you purposely build weak characters... heck I'm kind of thinking you build characters just as strong as anyone's (since it's easy and obvious how to do it) and that your whole advice about "just build weak characters" was just some poorly thought out suggestion that you threw out there without actually testing it yourself.

So now I'm going to ask again... for the people who claim this game isn't too easy, where do I go in this game to feel the same way you do?
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What we do is act like sane people and go play something else that's more our speed instead of demanding others prove your unhappiness for you.
    edited December 2013
    The fact is me and penny still failed our elite mode 5 man team size vikorin run on her inferno with green gear and my inventor. We only failed because they the knock vikorin does on elite mode though which knocked us 5 times in a row without giving us any chance. ;D That's probably the 'hardest' thing I could do but something isn't 'hard' if to complete it you need different gear / powers something is 'hard' if you need a higher skill level to do it. I never understood why CO don't utilise LOS more, I use it all the time to survive on theme builds in PvP as does Eve and others. Why can't they do this kind of challenge in PvE? Maybe we'll never know.

This post has full blown irony when put next to my sig. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    What we do is act like sane people and go play something else that's more our speed instead of demanding others prove your unhappiness for you.

I'm not asking you to prove my unhappiness... heck, you'd have to be crazy to think that's what I was asking...and you'd have a pretty hard time doing it since I'm not unhappy! :wink:

I like CO a lot, so why would I abandon it to go play something else? That'd be crazy! :biggrin:

What I am asking though is for the people who think the game is challenging to clue me in to where the challenging parts are so I can go there and play them too :eek:

Are you one of those people? Do you have relevant information for me? :smile:

This post has full blown irony when put next to my sig. :D

...is that because you don't actually own tanuki PJs? u3u
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Edit: Normally wouldn't do this but you may enjoy skyrim with the mod skyrim redone. Try a light armor light weaponry/shield char and go up against a two-hand greatsword/battlaxe/warhammer user(hint, you'll die horribly very fast).(no, don't take that seriously).

I do in fact enjoy Skyrim with Skyrim Redone... as well as Way of the Dohavkiin: Ultimate Deadly Encounters! Freakin' Dark Souls level goin on there...

On the other hand... super heroes! :D
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I find that the game becomes pretty difficult when the battery in my mouse dies. You can still play but you're always facing one direction. All my powers still work though, but if you're a clicker and you have some powers not bound, forget, man, they're gone.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I find that the game becomes pretty difficult when the battery in my mouse dies. You can still play but you're always facing one direction. All my powers still work though, but if you're a clicker and you have some powers not bound, forget, man, they're gone.

Yes, Jackel was actually a fairly challenging game.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtioxplggBvyJGmhMJNHKR_rkealhgL9FLzjphbVIub0K6fumNGw

Honestly keep thinking they just need to up the damage in elite mode some and it'd be challenging. Heck any game gets easy the better someone gets at it, which is ok, just some mobs or even a good number of them in CO are just to low a damage.

Personally I think the solution is more Brick Busters.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I guess another non serious "other game harder" post, the original deus ex played on realistic can be brutal. A single bullet to the head and your dead, and sniper rifles hitting the torso are also instantly fatal. Now before you think "well I'll just sneak" try going through in a more combative approach. It's possible, you just need a nice amount of luck and planning.

Human Revolution was better. Dat soundtrack!

Again... I feel the need to express this for whatever reason..... Superheroes! :D
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My advice. Screw the game ( any game ) its the holiday season put the damn mouse down and go to the pub with your pals :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    My advice. Screw the game ( any game ) its the holiday season put the damn mouse down and go to the pub with your pals :D

Pubs and bars are unpleasant places to be in my opinion. Advice rejected! u_u
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Turn your brain off and just charge at everything. Its simple and it can get you in some tricky situations and can be a lot of fun :)
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,043 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Funny isn't it?

The people who Complain that the game is easy ARE ACTUALLY the people who make the game easy with their OP COOKIE CUTTER FREEFORM BUILDS, and then make YouTube videos complaining that Champions Online is easy!

Aren't that some Hypocrisy? :rolleyes:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    Funny isn't it?

The people who Complain that the game is easy ARE ACTUALLY the people who make the game easy with their OP COOKIE CUTTER FREEFORM BUILDS, and then make YouTube videos complaining that Champions Online is easy!

I think you missed the point of the OP. Go back to page one, reread the post a few times, and then try again. :smile:

Also, this game is too easy, because characters are overpowered, specs were needlessly added, and gear is recklessly stathappy.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,043 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think you missed the point of the OP. Go back to page one, reread the post a few times, and then try again. :smile:

Also, this game is too easy, because characters are overpowered, specs were needlessly added, and gear is recklessly stathappy.

I didn't missed anything, I'm just throwing this out since it's relevant

P.S! My post was NOT aimed for OP or trying to insult OP by any means! it's just for THOSE kind of people who do that!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Funny isn't it?

I don't do any of those things and I still think the game is too easy. But, I was here during launch, when the game was much harder, so I'm going with that contrast.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    Play Il2Sturmovik. Even NPC AI can be brutal there. If you don't have enough challenge, try multiplayer. Oh, and both on max realism settings. Also, fly without parachutes. Parachutes are for wussies.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Or hit the nightclubs....

...To club caprice we go!

(okay I'd have to be really drunk to do that one)

Funny isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Clearly despite both of you being on the forums so much and maybe even seeing each other around CO you clearly don't know foxi. In no way do they do anything to make the game easier, infact sometimes it almost seems they do anything to make the game harder.

The thing is you can make a build with next to no synergy and no time spent on it and you could probably solo elite stuff pretty damn easy. That makes no sense, I like to spend hours in the PH finding the best synergy, it's sort of like min maxing but on less used powers for example when I made my eye beams build. I don't see anything wrong with trying to max various things and too be honest I think there should be content for the end of the end game. CO has end game content but it's all so easy that you could do it in greens as soon as you get to 40, there isn't any real power / gear progression needed as such. I want to feel a need to run team things in a team instead of soloing with what is considered the worst AT.

This is madness!

To be honest I think if you were here at launch you would understand how much we have been buffed over time without the content getting any buff along with it...
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,601 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Team with pugs for lairs and nemcon. You'll find the game to be VERY difficult then. Soon you'll realize that the difficulty curve was designed for them, not the veterans of a free build system.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Team with pugs for lairs and nemcon. You'll find the game to be VERY difficult then. Soon you'll realize that the difficulty curve was designed for them, not the veterans of a free build system.

Pfft you can solo that on an inferno AT... o.o
  • Options
    bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I get that you guys think the game is easy - and I agree with you, but only up to a certain extent. I've still found challenges in it and I still die fairly regularly - my toon isn't particularly "bad" in my opinion, I just bite off more than I can chew and don't always make it. The way you present it though makes me (and probably others like me) feel rather demoralized because although each of my builds improves as they go along, I still can't just roflstomp elite content (although admittedly I can do it with very hard - hence why I do sort of agree). I have seen time and time again that other people can, but not everyone can, and I'm pretty sure that the minority of players that post on the forums (besides over eager people like me who want to know EVERYTHING lol) are all fairly experienced and therefore pretty damn good.

I think your problem with builds is that even if it is a bad build, you KNOW how it is meant to be played which makes a heck of a lot of difference; its hard to make a reasonable build without some merit if it is designed to be played (e.g. not like 9 different blocks with 4 energy forms and an energy builder + starter power). If you know how to maximise the potential of a bad build then you're probably equal with someone not really maximising their good / cookie cutter build - the same may well be true for Archetypes (not done much with them).
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bladesta wrote: »
    I get that you guys think the game is easy - and I agree with you, but only up to a certain extent. I've still found challenges in it and I still die fairly regularly - my toon isn't particularly "bad" in my opinion, I just bite off more than I can chew and don't always make it. The way you present it though makes me (and probably others like me) feel rather demoralized because although each of my builds improves as they go along, I still can't just roflstomp elite content (although admittedly I can do it with very hard - hence why I do sort of agree). I have seen time and time again that other people can, but not everyone can, and I'm pretty sure that the minority of players that post on the forums (besides over eager people like me who want to know EVERYTHING lol) are all fairly experienced and therefore pretty damn good.

I think your problem with builds is that even if it is a bad build, you KNOW how it is meant to be played which makes a heck of a lot of difference; its hard to make a reasonable build without some merit if it is designed to be played (e.g. not like 9 different blocks with 4 energy forms and an energy builder + starter power). If you know how to maximise the potential of a bad build then you're probably equal with someone not really maximising their good / cookie cutter build - the same may well be true for Archetypes (not done much with them).

I don't really count any difficulty above Normal because there's no need to run anything in those difficulties.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2013

What grade of gear and devices required?

Ego primary, no active defense, no self heals, and I doubt a MARS stim patch is going to be sufficient healing.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't look at me Spinny. My grimoire ATis up to level 30, with no gear, legacy devices, becomes or vehicles.

The mainly annoying part, is range EB, ranged blast, GROUND ZERO AOE(on a squishy ranged), then................................................level 30, ranged aoe

define difficult- not dying at all, not face rolling mobs, having to run like heck away when you see mor ethan one?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Here, Here! { raises one to nepht }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here, Here! { raises one to nepht }

I don't drink alcohol , so how about we all go to the zoo. it won't be much different from being in game:biggrin:
    My next project is Major Nuisance aka Big Knockers(yes it's a female), who is going to get as many knocks as I can find for them. Earth form is woking well with force so far.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My best guess is that people who don't see CO as easy haven't been gaming for long or don't play many. Recommend trying Battletoads from the NES. Bonus points for co-op.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Playing a hard game gives you perspective on other games and difficulty. I didn't say CO should become hard.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It would be neat if you made one of those videos soloing TT on elite with your inferno. It can be quite tricky to convince people to even try that without a healer in the team.
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aiqa wrote: »
    It would be neat if you made one of those videos soloing TT on elite with your inferno. It can be quite tricky to convince people to even try that without a healer in the team.

no legacy devices included :tongue:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aiqa wrote: »

I was talking about nemcon, I know vikorin can't be done on elite but only on very hard solo by an inferno unless you use shield devices and have dps good enough to stop him from from perma knocking you. As for TT on elite I have never tried it on any of my AT's solo.

Still I stick to my comment about how they should make hardmode dungeons for all the dungeons, not only will it give us some harder content but it wouldn't take much work to do.

I think everyone should have content they are able to do, if people min/max they should still have something challenging that may be worth their time to attempt.

And no devices...No you wouldn't be able to solo TT on an inferno, certainly not. ;D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you want a challenging opponent, try to get more people into PvP. So far we haven't made an AI that's a patch on human sneakiness.

Or you could handle it like the average comic-book hero, charging haplessly in and missing the mob hiding in the corner, instead of like Batman, always making sure you know the layout and the locations of your opponents before moving quietly in and taking them out one group at a time. Get enough mobs on you, and even the New Purples can be a challenge...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *snip*

I agree on needing challenging content for everyone. But that first needs some balance changes to powers and mechanics.

But Vikorin doesn't do perma knock, that is the statues. You just need to keep close enough to Vikorin to stop those from seeing you.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    If you want a challenging opponent, try to get more people into PvP. So far we haven't made an AI that's a patch on human sneakiness.

Or you could handle it like the average comic-book hero, charging haplessly in and missing the mob hiding in the corner, instead of like Batman, always making sure you know the layout and the locations of your opponents before moving quietly in and taking them out one group at a time. Get enough mobs on you, and even the New Purples can be a challenge...

This is why I PvP, it's much more challenging and the unpredictability of CO gameplay keeps it fresh even if there are only like 2 maps that pop regularly and don't kick people. It's sort of fun to 3v1 a pure tank who manages to still hit atleast something while the 3 are super squishy dps, it's sort of like a boss fight in a way. ;D

By the way I would never spend 8 hours straight on making a build for PvE, this isn't because of theme or anything like that it's basically because I don't really NEED to min max things on PvE. While in PvP if you want a theme build such as my latest one to work (20 CON, no dodge, 25% resistance to damage using mini mines and partical mine with flame thrower power replacers) you really need to choose things wisely. Like a single change can mean the difference of a 0-8 in BASH compare to a 5-1 or something reasonably good.
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is why I PvP, it's much more challenging and the unpredictability of CO gameplay keeps it fresh even if there are only like 2 maps that pop regularly and don't kick people. It's sort of fun to 3v1 a pure tank who manages to still hit atleast something while the 3 are super squishy dps, it's sort of like a boss fight in a way. ;D

Wait a minute... you're right...

Fighting people like Seraphim or MC is like fighting Gravitar, only PvP style.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I always run nemcon and lairs with pugs. Why would I bother putting together a premade type team for any of those things? Why, doing that would completely run counter to my quest to find challenging things in here wouldn't it?

Only times I run with any sort of premade group is when Caliga actually wants to run something, then me and the other people in Conquer go all gaga over it... but the only fun part of those runs is that I'm with Caliga in a place! Otherwise those runs are fairly boring because we just stomp the bajeezus out of the npcs... 80%+ of the T-Tembple run we did recently wass actually spent doing those light beam puzzles because ADD runs rampant in Conquer.
    gradii wrote: »
    this. THIS SO MUCH.

If only Gradii.. but sadly no. Pugs don't make content challenging, because as it turns out the NPCs are a pug too... the noobiest pug made up of the laziest players :(

I don't really count any difficulty above Normal because there's no need to run anything in those difficulties.

Am I the only person on planet CO that doesn't care about drops and just runs stuff on the highest difficulty because it's slightly more fun? I swear... everytime I join a pug and ask "Hey we doin' Elite right?" 9 out of 10 times the response is "Why would we ever do that?" and then I'm all like zomgwtf.
    bladesta wrote: »

Please join CoPvP sometime and try to tell the people in there that Foxi is a skilled player who knows what they are doing... everyone enjoys a good long session of side splitting laughter :3
    Funny isn't it?

Yes but those people didn't make this thread u3u my video showing that CO is too easy was done with a soldier AT mindlessly spamming SMG while circlestrafing and talking like my brain is broke.
    chaelk wrote: »
    Don't look at me Spinny. My grimoire ATis up to level 30, with no gear, legacy devices, becomes or vehicles.

The mainly annoying part, is range EB, ranged blast, GROUND ZERO AOE(on a squishy ranged), then................................................level 30, ranged aoe

define difficult- not dying at all, not face rolling mobs, having to run like heck away when you see mor ethan one?

I'm lookin' at you! >:O

Difficult: Not face rolling mobs is pretty much it. My demands for challenge aren't actually all that demanding... some people see me talking about wanting challenging content and their brains go directly to Dark Souls, as if that's even a reasonable distance to jump.

Nearly every encounter in this game consists of a group of barely awake numbskulls that use their energy builders once every ten seconds. Who the heck hired these underacheivers? They know that Super Human Heroes will be coming to stop them... and they prepared by... what... getting BB guns and downing a bottle of sleeping pills? Oh wait, I know why these failures were hired... because most of the time their boss is just as much of a failure! Oooh Hero Man! It's time for our epic battle! So now I'm going to... lightly slap at you with my hands while just letting you rail me in the mouth with your fists for five minutes straight.

I'd like for a good portion of this game to feel like the situations involved actually call for Super Humans to be dispatched to take care of them... rather than the girl scouts.

Lemme get specific:

You know how when you're going against Viper, you might actually think to yourself "Okay, take down the Brick Busters first". That just doesn't happen enough.. pretty much every other type of group you run into it's "Okay... kill everyone at the same time", which can also be fun but not all the friggin time. Also, if there's not gonna be any special NPCs involved, then the entire group needs to at least be mid-level tough.

You know how in a few boss fights you actually need to move or face dire consequences? You know how in every other fight in the game you and the boss just stand there facing each other and gun each other down like that elevator scene from Smokin' Aces but with the energy level of a casual stroll through the park? Or how over in NWO they have extra NPCs come running out during a boss fight. Or.. you know... anything other than a boss fight that has more in common with two frisky teenagers making out in a bathroom stall than something out of the Avengers?

I make cool heroes that do cool things... but honestly, there's no actual reason in the fights that follow to do that. The reason so many people make those boring super-optimized single attack builds is because they're actually building for the gameplay situations that those characters will find themselves in... and since there's no reason to build any sort of versatility into their characters, they reason that they might as well just build their characters to get the encounters over with as fast as possible. That needs to change.

On the subject of dying a lot... quite honestly, even if I were to somehow be dying a lot, how does that actually make the content challenging? Let's take a Grab alert. We're all dying repeatedly for whatever reason... so what? When we die, we just respawn and run back over to where the fight is: Repeat until victory. Lockout mechanics don't solve this either; there needs to be a downside to dying other than "You don't get to play anymore unless someone thought to bring a rez" or "you have to turn your form back on and run for 4 seconds". Scoring mechanics would be best; something where the better you do, the more reward you get. Save more people, higher score for the group, better reward. Prevent more villians from getting away, higher score for the group, better reward. etc etc dingle dang pif paf.

Running away when you see more than one of them? Super heroes don't run n_n cause that ain't heroic.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Am I the only person on planet CO that doesn't care about drops and just runs stuff on the highest difficulty because it's slightly more fun? I swear... everytime I join a pug and ask "Hey we doin' Elite right?" 9 out of 10 times the response is "Why would we ever do that?" and then I'm all like zomgwtf.

Probably not the only one, no, but it just ain't my bag. I'd totally do it for rewards or if I were in the mood for something different, but usually, I'm just leveling characters, and I generally don't like having that take too long.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Probably not the only one, no, but it just ain't my bag. I'd totally do it for rewards or if I were in the mood for something different, but usually, I'm just leveling characters, and I generally don't like having that take too long.

Well you're just ants at a picnic s( O _ O )z
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this game could use a good dose of difficulty.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Epidemic comes in a flash to save the day! (Once again, and again, and again)

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Want a challenge? Try playing with only an energy builder as offense and all active defenses.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Epidemic comes in a flash to save the day! (Once again, and again, and again)

Hey I play a superHERO, I don't fight crime by spreading plagues!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Want a challenge? Try playing with only an energy builder as offense and all active defenses.

That doesn't sound challenging at all... that just sounds like it would take forever to finish any given encounter, and also that encounters would have no tactical depth whatsoever since all I would be doing is rotating active defenses while leaving my energy builder on.

I'll give you a hint... the point isn't to find a way to make the game more boring... and it's also not just about making the NPCs have greater health in relation to my damage output. Longer fights does not equal challenging fights.

Also, I don't think you actually read the OP... I already tried the whole "Build a bad build to make the game more challenging" thing, and I'm now looking for new advice, because that advice turned out to be a dead end.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only person on planet CO that doesn't care about drops and just runs stuff on the highest difficulty because it's slightly more fun?

Nope. :biggrin:

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That doesn't sound challenging at all... that just sounds like it would take forever to finish any given encounter, and also that encounters would have no tactical depth whatsoever since all I would be doing is rotating active defenses while leaving my energy builder on.

I'll give you a hint... the point isn't to find a way to make the game more boring... and it's also not just about making the NPCs have greater health in relation to my damage output. Longer fights does not equal challenging fights.

Also, I don't think you actually read the OP... I already tried the whole "Build a bad build to make the game more challenging" thing, and I'm now looking for new advice, because that advice turned out to be a dead end.

LOL then what are you looking for? You realize that the only way Cryptic knows to "increase challenge" is to buff dmg or HP which in itself is so much BS I'm not going to bother going into it again.

This game has no challenge because it has no rewards. Everything you want to get (devices/gear/costume pieces) are all lockbox related.

You talk about higher difficulty where there is no point in it. The entire game is basically lockbox opening. No wonder people don't stick around, what for? There is no feeling of progression because the gear you get is not earned it's bought.

So no, the difficulty is fine the way it is. I don't intend to run the same content over and over again on a higher difficulty for no reason than to waste time. If Cryptic actually added CONTENT not ALERTS that drop gear and costumes and devices then yeah people would play.

As it stands, there is no reason to run the content anymore once your reach 40 because you get nothing (well once you have all the Costume pieces you can get). Endgame in CO is lockboxes and the RNG is the difficultly.
This discussion has been closed.