test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Body Templates

meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
edited December 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
Just a collection of my body templates.
They're all made more with realistic proportins in mind, close to 8 or 8 and 1/2 head tall. I'm posting it here since few people asked for it ingame. It's more convenient that way.

All are genericised. I don't make, usually, a weird looking toons. Almost all my characters are supposed to be somewhere between realistic and idealised, and to look reasonable in tights.
Legs are roughly half of the total length of the body, hands are slightly longer than face and feet ale slightly longer than the head.
So, they're best used for realistic looking characters - as close as you can get in CO (which is actually quite close, even with limitations).

I recommed changing facial propotions. I'm keeping faces as realistic as I can for my private use. But CO facial generator isn't very detailed and sticking with only realistic face will make all your toons almost identical (save for colors and haircuts).

All saved costume are in single .zip file. No file renaming, every of them should be usable. There are also older character templates inside.

Final word:

A few points about tweaking templates, or about human proportions in general.

The quickest way to establish human proportions without using anatomy charts is to remember that:
Legs are always roughly a half of the total body length. But short people will have legs slightly below this value.

In static pose, human arm ends with fingertips roughly at the half of length of the thigh.

Foot length is slightly above head height. Hand length is either slightly above, or below, face height (hair line doesn't start in the same place for every human).

Commonly accepted realistic human canon is 8 heads tall silhouette.

Comic book characters are from 8 and 1/2 to 9 heads tall.

But in reality majority of population is more 7 and 1/2 heads tall.

This proportion is directly related to how tall is character. Very tall people, like NBA players, can be even slightly above 8 and 1/2 heads tall. Very short people, like 5'4" tall, can be even below 7 and 1/2 heads.

It's good to remember that some stances require tweaking body proportions. For example, using female heroic stance makes hands looking smaller, because they are clenched fists. In this stance is good to slightly oversize hands to make them looking proportional.

On the other hand, female vixen stance makes hands and arms looking too long, because how arched is character back. In this stance it may be of use to make hands slightly shorter.

Males:

M_00_Basic
This is my standard file for making male toons. It gives fit, but realistic look. Head will look quite large, because it is almost exactly 8 heads tall figure. It's best for non-superpowered individuals
2nsxvg3.jpg

M_01_Heroic
This is my standard file for making capes. It's tall, but not tallest possible (legs length isn't maxed). Still, it looks good in tights and with capes. Much more idealised that the previous one.
140ceaq.jpg

M_02_Very_Tall
This one is tallest possible male character, with maxed height and leg length. Due to fixed neck length, it may not look too good used only with tights. But it was used for making these two:
2n839dd.jpg
With any neckpiece and accessories on limbs it gives faily proportional look. It will also end with an extremely tall character, even with only one stack of Enrage + Giant Growth.
zmcklk.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Females:

F_00_Curvy
    A base template used for making this character:
    33eu2l4.jpg
    It gives proportional, but faily curved look, quite "rounded" at hips and chest. While not setting chest depth and breasts slider to max.
    fvfujs.jpg

F_01_Basic
    More moderate than previous one, with lower body mass and not as "curved". It's an average one. Of course, still fairly idealised.
    281h20o.jpg

F_02_Skinny
    Not exactly visible on screenshots because of texture maps on breasts, but this one is nearly flat-chested and with lower body mass. I don't recommend using it for androgynous characters, Bluhman's template is much better for it. It's a female, just not very well endowned one.
    10fzvk9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    F_03_Heavy_A
    2wedgtz.jpg
    A base body template used by me when I want to make a muscular female, but without making her non-feminine and too heavy. Maxed height, but not leg length. It's slightly above 8 and 1/2 heads tall.
    Used as a base for this character:
    fe07t3.jpg

F_04_Heavy_B
    A variation of a previous one, but this one will end with flat-chested character with narrow hips. Almost androgynous, but also better for non-attractive muscular females. After all, not every character has to be pretty.
    vgt0t0.jpg

F_05_Power_Armor
    Made with previous one as a base. It's made to kill female waist and chest when using heavy armor parts. Doesn't leave too many curves intact.
    2hs6eys.jpg
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    These shall come in handy, yes...
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Mee!
    a