test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much use do you get out of your Sigils and/or Circles?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Power Discussion
Any of them, not one in particular. How handy do they tend to be? They seem to have potent effects, but that stationary requirement seems pretty detrimental. When I'm in tank mode in an Alert against Destroid minions or other frequent-knockback enemies, I can't really get Circle of Primal Dominion out before I'm either knocked (if I try to put it up prior to getting threat), or before they all start attacking my team (if I put up the circle before grabbing threat). That said, it's incredibly useful for bosses with knocks, in my experience.

Sigils seem potent, as well, but-... They have both the stationary requirement (in the case of the support ones) AND can be killed off. Are they useful for those of you who utilize them in spite of that fact?
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Using them alongside Support Passives (In Support Role mainly) can bolster survivability, AoRP/Medical Nanites/ Possibly AoPM, keeping them alive longer so you can benefit from them, isn't that the Idea?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I use them on my sorcery hero and while I find them less then effective in most groups they are still very much worth it... the only real problem is the time it takes to set up, combined with the fact that almost no one will pull mobs back to the sigils...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sigils are great with teleportation, since they do not count as attacks. That means they do not trigger the teleportation cooldown. Combine high presence/aggro stealth with sigils and teleport, and you can teleport in, drop sigils without taking aggro, and teleport away.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sigils don't seem to be worth the trouble most of the time. Normal mobs die to quickly to get much use out of them, and most bosses have attacks that whipe them away.

I'd like to see a very serious health increase for sigils, something like 4 times the health they have now, or maybe a huge AOE resistance.