test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crippling Challenge, which ranged powers?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Power Discussion
I'm slightly contemplating switching Devour Essence, my Crippling Challenge power, for a ranged power, in order to utilize Circle of Primal Dominion should I end up taking it.

Is this recommended? What powers work well? Can Devour Essence still be used effectively with the sacrifice of mobility due to the Circle? How about Ice Blast, does the Hard Frost advantage make the power apply Crippling Challenge twice since it's two ticks? Is Circle of Primal Dominion even all that potent, enough to warrant messing with Devour Essence when it's already proven itself capable?
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bosses don't move all that often if you're tanking them in the face. The only time this setup would be bad is if you get caught in Freon's ice storm or you have to move, which doesn't happen too terribly often. So using Devour Essence with Crippling Challenge and the Circle will make you pretty much unkillable due to all that resistance and healing.

That said, I wouldn't use a ranged power for Crippling Challenge. A better option would be to put Challenging Strikes on a ranged power, preferably something mobile. Close the gap, gain threat as you go, then bunker down. I'd recommend Vile Breath, because you know, seems to go well with Devour Essence. Especially since it can poison if you take the adv. Epidemic is also a good choice, because chances are you'll be in tank role or some such. Trade utility for straight-up close-range damage.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Crippling_Challenge

The wiki page has the full listing of CC-advantaged powers that you can review to fit your character's theme / playstyle.