test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Using Hollywood to influence releases

ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestions Box
I really feel that this is the superhero era in films. So many comic movies are coming out and robot films and cryptic should be trying to keep up with them.

Like when Pacific Rim came out they should of at least added some new robot parts or with The Avenger movies and Iron Man they could introduce items that contrast these releases. I feel that Nighthawk kinda came out around Dark Knight Rise and I would have to say that is probably the #1 bought costume set (it just has to be)

I mean think about a spider AT for the upcoming Spider-man movie or 90s AT for the Days of Future past movie. They would have almost a year or more to prepare for these releases, plenty in time...if Hollywood can make a movie...cryptic can make virtual costume pieces.

This is probably more of a PR suggestion and marketing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    contrast means different from.

you mean complimentary to.
    we had the Invincible(power armour)
    Spider AT- any ideas for powers and how to stop YET more clones.

the NA costume set was in a grab bag as well as the z store, which came out with the NA AT and event. That is why it is used a lot. It's used a lot for Batman clones

Plenty of time. This isn't STO with over 50 devs. Until Cryptic North started, we had about 5.
    Gentleman Crush is our power maker Dev. (Note 1 person)

All focus in the last year has been Launching Neverwinter. Also updates for NW and STO.
    Hollywood will have numerous specilized companies and HUNDREDS of people working on each of those movies.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No thanks. Hollywood material is just really bad.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if some of that stuff was coordinated with movie releases, but...

Night Avenger AT certainly is supposed to be an homage to Batman and came out at a time that Batman's popularity was high off the movies.

Likewise with the Invincible AT. Iron Man's gotten popular thanks to the films (Iron Man and Avengers).

The Unleashed AT came out when SWTOR hit the gaming market. the AT is clearly an homage to Jedi/Sith (there were even glowing tech sword costume parts released at the same time as the AT).

So, we may not be coordinated with Hollywood, but Cryptic certainly isn't ignoring what's popular.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yea.
    But why continue, when people don't realize it.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well... we got The Unleashed Archetype, an Archetype whose Default costume looks Suspicious like a Jedi...
    and this AT became available ... During the Launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic

Curious and Curiouser
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    we had the Invincible(power armour)
    Spider AT- any ideas for powers and how to stop YET more clones.

More speed attacks and wall climb and web attacks instead of chains. There is no point worrying about clones. It's in the ToS to not make them but doesn't mean people still can't make spider people.
    chaelk wrote: »
    Plenty of time. This isn't STO with over 50 devs. Until Cryptic North started, we had about 5.
    Gentleman Crush is our power maker Dev. (Note 1 person)

All focus in the last year has been Launching Neverwinter. Also updates for NW and STO.
    Hollywood will have numerous specilized companies and HUNDREDS of people working on each of those movies.

How long does it take to make a costume set? Or add a couple of powers? This is a suggestion spot, if CO was of course fully staffed and producing stuff left and right, we wouldn't need to suggest anything. But what I'm saying is they do have time to produce something in regardless to what's popular for that year. Even if it shifting current powers around and offering silver player a new AT. I'm LTS so I don't care either way but It would be nice to see them try to bank on other people's success and pull some people back in this game.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wall climbing isn't going to happen.
    Same with Wall Running.
    And Walking Over Water...
    And you can try the Grapple Gun Pull, Entangling Mesh, Bolas, Tanglecoil Launcher, Breakaway Shot with Microfilament Wire adv. and see how well would Web Attacks work.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    we've already been told that due to the perpendicular to the ground problem, NO wall climbing
    the suggestions section is also usually referred to as the rubbbish bin.
    whats made is decided by management after ideas are put forward by devs.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg