test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tanking on a powerslot-budget

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Power Discussion
If you had 5 power slots, 11 advantage points, 518 Constitution, and unrestricted choice in equipment, mods, and devices (save for the stat mods, which are what give the Constitution), how would you build a tank? What powers/advantages/items would you choose, and why?

Oh, and Specialization-wise: Intelligence tree (giving a 20% boost to the effectiveness of Constitution), and Warden/Vindicator using the Best Defense/Aggressive Stance combo.

To add to the argh-ness, how would you set up to survive Zombie Apocalypse in PvP, versus surviving in the Powerhouse Battlestation Hard 5-man?

Just wanting to see how others would go about this. :P
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would probably take:
    - LR as passive
    - MD and Unbreakable as active defense
    - Ascension for more healing
    - Conviction as a spam heal

Advantage points:
    LR R3
    Conviction R3
    Unbreakable R2

Gear:
    Legion dodge breastplate with 2 dodge cores
    Other gear would depend on the your build in general

Device:
    If you don't have something to remove travel powers bring an omicron to pvp. Other than that you won't need anything.

So that means you are sitting at about 70% base dodge and 80% avoid. You can cycle MD and unbreakable in pvp when you are under fire, you probably won't even need them in pve.
    You can spam conviction to make sure your hp stay up and you have ascension as panic button for more heal or to escape.

That setup should sleepwalk you through the powerhouse battlestation and will hold up quite well in pvp. It is not unkillable but it is quite tanky.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!