test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two photoshopped pieces

superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
I loved the idea and the realization of Exray made by Diplomacyman and wanted to try my hand at it.

I am still new to the use of image elaboration for illustration, so while this first try is not so great, but I would still like some feedback.

I post here the original screenshot and two elaborations of Rhodium Knight, my first Lvl.40, a magitech power armour hero:

ORIGINAL SHOT:
RhodiumKnight_zps53e30845.jpg

FIRST ONE:
RhodiumKnight_elab1_zps214d9956.jpg

SECOND ONE:
RhodiumKnight_elab2_zps310120be.jpg

Post edited by superalfgorn on

Comments

• Options
    diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm glad people are getting into shopping there chars :) I know what you mean also, Exray's costume is quite bold and simplistic so the posterisation effect works quite well for him but with my more detailed chars I found it breaks down a bit. My work around was to use closer shots, waist up as oppose to full body to try and keep the detail.

I think that second one looks fantastic! How did you get that effect (are you using photoshop?), it reminds me a bit of the Gouache style used in kingdom come. The only thing I'd say is to perhaps use a different background than from the screenshot, that way the filter doesn't run across the background and you can blur it out to focus on the character.

Anyways that what I found worked for me things may click differently for you, but best of luck man and keep at it.
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah it's photoshop and it's the Oil Paint Filter. You need to fiddle with the settings. But I find it nice.

In the image below a quick side by side comparison where I treid to keep the details more than I did in the OP. Where, by the way, the sun is just the effect of the filter on the added lens flare :)

Brutus_OilPaint_comparison_zps860fa5ae.jpg