test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will this be able to run Champs on High Settings?

xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Hi all, I plan to return to Champs this December with the purchase of a LTS and a new laptop:biggrin:. I was wondering if this Laptop will be able to not only run champs, but allow me to run it on High/Max Setting.

Laptop name: Asus X102BA
Specs:
Hard Drive Size: 320GB
RAM:2GB(probably will be expanding this later)
Processor: AMD Temash
Graphics: HD Radeon 8180G

Thanks in advance for the replies!, can't wait to come back :smile:
Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
Post edited by xcelsior41 on

Comments

• Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Hi all, I plan to return to Champs this December with the purchase of a LTS and a new laptop:biggrin:. I was wondering if this Laptop will be able to not only run champs, but allow me to run it on High/Max Setting.

Specs:

Unfortunately, you will be lucky if you can even run CO on that. Max/High is pretty much out of the question entirely.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The big determining factor of whether your computer can handle a game is your Graphics Card. Here's a site that serves some useful benchmark numbers for various card ranges.

The 8180G seems to be... not that great. I run the game on medium-high settings on a Radeon 4800HD as a desktop (this scores around 1200 points on this site), and while it does run smoothly, I do have a lingering fear that it might also be overheating the card just a bit.

Everything else, aside from maybe your processor (have to look that up, but it's definitely less key than a graphics card) should serve more than enough for the game.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh, okay, thnxs, not really knowledgeable in the way of PCs as far as gaming goes
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Specs:

As others have said GFX dose not seem to be that great I would add that 2gig of rams probably not ideal win 8 is going to use probably a gig of that all by its self and then if the 2 gig is shared with the GFX card your going to have not a lot left for doing much of anything