test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A new RP Super Group

thudthud Posts: 0 Arc User
There are many well known super groups with incredible members in Champions. Their numbers will continue to grow and I'm certain that they will be around a long time. However when I look to apply myself to these groups, I often feel small and unimportant. Especially if I'm member number 250, 350, or 450. This is my personal problem and not one that is generated by the group. But with such a large group I don't think I will have much impact.

I want to feel as though my opinion matters, my voice is heard, and my actions count. I don't want to be a third string player. So by being on the ground floor of a new super group, I can have an opportunity of shaping the group, to make that impact.

I also like role-playing, and many of the established groups have a lot of history. If I wanted a character within that SG, that history may need took be taken into account when looking to make your character fit.

So I'm reaching out to any players that wish to role-play and start a new team of heroes. The background will be new and can be altered by the people helping me establish the group.

I'd like to build a team of heroes and a family of friends. I want to feel like I'm being heroic. I want to play through the game's content. I want to hunt down (or achieve through perks) every costume piece I can. I want to create a great atmosphere of role-playing and an exciting storyline for players like me.

So if you want to play through the adventure packs, have a reliable group of players for Alerts, and don't mind helping others do the same, let me know. Contact me here or in game: @soupviking.
Post edited by thud on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Background proposal:

1) The group is from Detroit but from an alternate dimension/timeline where Detroit was not destroyed. That is, not until just days ago. With the combined effort of the heroes powers and abilities, a fortunate few were able to escape the imminent destruction. Now with their world gone, these heroes are in their cause to stick together and seek out the danger that threatens this world's Millennium City.

2) The fringe sciences not only gave Oscar Mann his powers while yet in his mother's womb, but it also took his parents from him. Now armed with the vast wealth of his heritage, Oscar has chosen heroes that can help him stop those same accidents from harming others. He has targeted all who endanger this world but pushing science too far.
  • Options
    kulghar23kulghar23 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey there,

Really interested in this. I've recently just started playing CO. I played a LOT of COH/COV and rp'd my way through.
    I never really made the switch to CO until now. So, with that in mind I'm still very much learning the game, though I'm not new to RP.

I will be creating a fresh new character tonight, I already have his bio written out, though I'll be tweaking it most of the day to be exactly right. (Bit OCD when it comes to things like that :') )

If this goes ahead at all, feel free to keep me in mind and we can work out a way to induct my character into the SG.

Thanks

- Kulghar!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Groovy. I'll look you up!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Looking for a few more to help get started.
  • Options
    sciroccostormsciroccostorm Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i just came on a couple of weeks ago, after playing CoH since beta. i was always in smaller groups who would rp. my fave was the group that all started at level 1, in the tutorial. uniforms and everything. we couldnt wait to play with that group each week. a pal of mine and i are now part of an existing sg here that's kind of coming back up to speed after something of a hiatus, and i have suggested this very idea of starting together to a couple of the players. i dont know what kind of specifics - other than detroit - your idea has, but i would like to hear more.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I had hoped I could find some like minded players and develop it together. In the past my ideas have always been a bit odd and I never got any response.

So I hoped to appeal to the players that are in similar positions like myself. And starting a team from scratch is cool with me. I'll look for you in-game.
  • Options
    paximperiumpaximperium Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm looking to join a new group just like this. I'll be thinking of what toon I want to rp with and the concept behind it.

My current toon I use is a METS Drone (Medical Emergency and Tactical Support Drone) that is operated through secured network by Dr. Wallace who sits comfortably in his lab or, if a mission is too far from Detroit, in an air vehicle at safe distance from engagement area. When a METS Drone is destroyed, another one is removed from the locker where they hang like suits and is activated.

So...not sure if the above theme would fit the theme of this group, but I'm willing to make something that does. ;)

I'm into doing vids and having our own forums.

And thanks!

PS. The Drone is NOT an AI. It is a complex vehicle that Dr. Wallace pretty much drives as if he were present.
  • Options
    comicsluvr1comicsluvr1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello there. I am a CoX vet of many years and have been a Lifetime subber of CO since it launched. I'm looking for a RP SG to join as I gt back into O after a school-induced absence. I have a stable of all sorts of characters but I like the idea of us starting together, growing together.

I'm free several nights a week and any night after 9 p.m. central time. Saturday is the occasional date night however.

I'm also a published author so if we need help with lore I'm down with that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    PMs sent to each of you.
  • Options
    hodgypodgehodgypodge Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm very interested in finding a small, dedicated SG like this. Been subscribed for over 2 years, still never seen 40 thanks to the constant desire to relaunch alts. I've got millions of ideas for toons to fit any theme.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Let me know what your in-game handle is and I'll find you. I'm happy to talk with you.
  • Options
    hodgypodgehodgypodge Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, hit me up @junodark or feel free to PM me on the forum if you cannot find me in-game!
  • Options
    gspence17gspence17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My girlfriend and I play this game together and would like to find a nice SG to hang out with. I am an avid RP'er played CoH. She is new to the concept but willing to try. I wanted to know if you will be a really heavy RP SG. AS she and I will probably need a light to medium group to get her acclimated.
  • Options
    tmenif3904tmenif3904 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I must say I like what your doing I agree most SG groups are filled with alot of ppl who play and don't play as a lifetime member I've been looking for a group to join who wants to play as a Rp group and help each other while having fun and telling a story.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gspence17 wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I play this game together and would like to find a nice SG to hang out with. I am an avid RP'er played CoH. She is new to the concept but willing to try. I wanted to know if you will be a really heavy RP SG. AS she and I will probably need a light to medium group to get her acclimated.

Hey there, pardon my intercession here, but I'm friends with this threads OP from years back in CoH and here in Champions.

I'm not sure what level or style of RP they want to focus on with this new team, but the Silver Age Sentinels family is a light RP, casual player focused guild that has been active in Champions since beta. We are very welcoming of new role-players and have no hard feelings for those who may learn about RPing with us, then move on to something stronger or heavier if that is their preference.

We do have a sort of a style or theme, but feature multiple 'teams' within out guild each offering differing styles of theme for many different types of hero.

You can learn much more about us at our website, linked helpfully in my signature.

Pardon the intrusion once again.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'll be online later this evening. Look for @soupviking and I'd love to talk with you. The SG has it's beginnings at alphawatch.shivtr.com as well. I look to place a recruitment message soon.
  • Options
    rhione3rhione3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm interested. Took a hiatus for a while but have recently come back to CO. I've played CO and COX since their betas and always enjoyed playing with a close group. Lately I've been looking for that again. Playing alone just isn't as much fun.

In game I am at @rhione3