test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Evening trolls

chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
1.2 nights ago, we had the underage "hardcore gamer" who couldn't even explain what hardcore was.

2.last night we had the ex religious person who stares at people and thinks all rich people are nice and friendly simply because they are rich

3. one which I missed was apparently arguing about why isn't this game like other mmos?.

4. Spinny's donation- people arguing over Pong paddles and ball colour. (YOu feel old, I remember playing that at an arcade.)

Which village idiot candidate will we have tonight?
Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    2 nigths ago, we had the underage "hardcore gamer" who couldn't even explain what hardcore was.

Was that the guy who thought that anyone who cared about their character's appearance, or played another game rather than focusing on one, or did anything other than be l33t and aw3s0m3 in a video game was a "casual", and that casual gamers were a disgrace, and should die?

That guy was hilarious. So was the guy who was all "I'm 48 and I've been gaming since before there were computers and you're a stupid little kid" that argued with him for a couple hours.
    edited November 2013
    Dam I always miss these special individuals they sound exactly like the kind if customer I love to get on the phone.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dam I always miss these special individuals they sound exactly like the kind if customer I love to get on the phone.

Yeah, I always tend to miss most of them as well. I wish people would have the foresight to save the threads as a file and upload them somewhere so I could read them.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes a kind of "best of CO chat" thread
  • Options
    gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Linda! Someone's gotta bring up Linda and her... unique BS.
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    2 nigths ago, we had the underage "hardcore gamer" who couldn't even explain what hardcore was.
    last night we had the ex religious person who stares at people and thinks all rich people are nice and friendly simply because they are rich.

Which village idiot candidate will we have tonight?

Oh you mean L**** A******* LOL Ginger randomly ripped her a new one in zone.
    Did not understand half of what both of em where saying to each other XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Was that the guy who thought that anyone who cared about their character's appearance, or played another game rather than focusing on one, or did anything other than be l33t and aw3s0m3 in a video game was a "casual", and that casual gamers were a disgrace, and should die?

That guy was hilarious. So was the guy who was all "I'm 48 and I've been gaming since before there were computers and you're a stupid little kid" that argued with him for a couple hours.

Hiya Bunny, I'm 48, not a guy and we were arguing for 1 hour. approx 7-8pm my time. I never once said I was gaming since before there were computers. I have been a member of a Gaming club for 20 years. My friend who is 49 + was the one who said about playing MUDS.
    Several other people chimed in with other strange precursor games which they had played. A lot fo which I didn't recognise.
    Glad you thought it was funny, I certainly found him hilarious. he did eventually asked what i thought of him and I said "I find you mildly amusing" He logged or got chat banned straight after that.

Sorry about that but anyone I run into like that. I automatically start picking holes in their arguments. I was also being optimistic in his age, he was probably closer to 8 than 12. Either way he should not have been on.
    I really shouldn't do it but I just can't stand people who try to pass off their veiw as fact,without any arguments behind it. Feel free to argue with me on that. I've been like that since primary school. I always demanded proof of things. Working in a childcare center during high school didn't help any . Did allow me to recognize child like behaviour in adults, which is useful.

Equally hopefully but unlikely he has just learn NOT to behave like that. Well if he hasn't he's gonna learn in high school.
    I asked him what RPGs and Wargames he had played since a Gamer is someone who plays those, an Online gamer or computer gamer is one who specializes in computer games. Though the term does get used a lot by younger people for online gamers.

Why I said he was a kid .
    Actually he said "casuals was a sin , worse than hitler."
    "CoD was all casuals.The games are cut copy and paste. "(Isn't that a 13+ game) wonder if he's been to one of the tournaments, pretty sure Cod is one of the games which has tournaments
    Treats his opinions as fact. Couldn't define a casual or hardcore player. Eventually came up with.
    (I missed the bit about concentrating on one game, that contradicts his other comment about have a hundred games on his console)
    He said casuals have other interests Like "clothes, parties, sports, looks". You know like teenagers and adults. his interests were anime and moveis, like kids.

Despite me pointing out that I did not consider casual an insult he still atempted to use it as an insult.
    "Enjoy your casual, in a year I'm going to have an army of nerds."
    Yep, an army of people who are good in school and have varied interests. A nerd does not mean they are into computer games, though a lot are. I was a nerd in school. I know others who were considered nerds in school. They also tend to be people who question things and don't just beleive everything someone tells them.
    he said "wow was the first MMO" a common misconception of preteens who have only been around since it started.
    His favourite games legend of Zelda and Megaman, 2 games aimed at kids.Because of the STORY. (Not hardcore behaviour)He claimed to have played all the Zelda games but couldn't answer the questions I asked about the first 2.
    he then said Winx is better than Pokemon. Winx is an italian cartoon aimed at young children, under the Pokemon age group of preteens. Not anime.

He claimed to be a 'hardcore'player but was sitting there for an hour on a level 7 character. When I asked why he was playing CO which is mostly casual players, "he likes the cape animation". Really hardcore.
    Then he tries saying he has hundreds of max level characters on Wow and some other game. You imagine how much that would cost in character slots.
    he has hundreds of games on his console. I probably have only ten.
    That he was correct on, CO, NW(don't play anymore) and Bejewelled for when I'm braindead.

When I didn't tell him he was right or tell him he was great he resorted to " I live in my moms basement and she has lots of guns. If you don't shutup, I'm going TO school and shoot people." He tried this several times.Another childs tactic, repeat something bad you've heard on TV. A teenager or adult would have enough sense not to say that in a public chat because they know they may get reported to the police.

he then confirmed it by trying "you're a bully, reported for bullying" for continuing to question him and point out all his contradictions. He completely missed all the people saying they were putting him on ignore.
    The only insults I used were Imbecile once and I think Loser once. When he tried saying he was 27 , I told him more likely his IQ was 27, so that makes another insult. IF he was a teen he would have been through school testing and know the ave IQ is 100.

With any luck he may ask an adult what an imbecile is(IQ of 0-50 on some scales)
    He had to resort to the current popular childrens insults of ****** and f....T(not typing that in or TT will get pissed.)
    His final attempt was, "you're a ****** , failed school, and something else(?)" I pointed out that I was an ex member of Mensa and had 3 certificates after high school. he had no answer to that.

Hopefully, he has not got someone elses account banned because of all the ignores he got.

I still haven't managed enough for a chat ban after 2 years. I must be doing something wrong.
    I did not mention the name of either, remember, no name and shame. i have however got names and handles written down.

first was L7 in Mill city, second was L10 MIll city.
    Logging on in about half an hour to see who we get tonight.
    This one is going to get me some naughty points from TT. I better message him and get him to read it.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    His favourite games legend of Zelda and Megaman, 2 games aimed at kids.Because of the STORY.

Erm Zelda isnt aimed at kids. The Mighty Miyamoto has been on record saying that he made Zelda as a homage to his favorite film ( Legend ) A film that used to give my daughter THE FEAR @_@" when she was a child. Its a game he himself made for himself.

And Rockman came about because the devs found that rival game SMB was too easy.

But agreed the guy was a tool.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok I stand corrected. Ok sit. it may have been made for him and I don't about in England where you are. IN Australia it is marketed as a kids game.

If Bunny man wants to nominate me for the Vilalge idiot award for arguing with the guy. he has until TT gets his mail, reads my message and then checks the post.

We'll see if I'm still able to post after that.

I missed this evenings troll by a few hours. Hopefully someone else will list them.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok I stand corrected. Ok sit. it may have been made for him and I don't about in England where you are. IN Australia it is marketed as a kids game.

If Bunny man wants to nominate me for the Vilalge idiot award for arguing with the guy. he has until TT gets his mail, reads my message and then checks the post.

We'll see if I'm still able to post after that.

I missed this evenings troll by a few hours. Hopefully someone else will list them.

Well I was born in the land of Rockman ( not far from where you are :D ) where its sold as the most hardcore of platform games :P

Also I live in Edinburgh ( the land of GTA :D ) , Scotland not England :D

Also you sure its billed as a child game in Australia I hear kiddie games like Mortal Kombat are banned there.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OK the United Kingdom., consisting of England middle bit, Scotland- top bit, Ireland- off tot he side bit and Wales- bottom bit. Ok when I look up scotland, I get 5 sopngs under national anthem- including Scots wha hae, whichI am now going to find the words for.
    I like that one. Good song. I had this horrible thought it was an old music hall variety but it's just the pronunciation.

I've just been reading through the current series available.

The orginal 3 or 4 were aimed at kids, current ones may be teenagers. I'm waaayy out of date. It's interesting looking at the evolution of the artwork and the stories on the wiki.
    It would be better if I could find a link for the Creator any ideas? ah found his name again on your post, spelt it wrong. stuff levelling research time

mortal combat banned, no idea.

Australia did ban a few games others just came in b rown packages along with converters. That was fun, some games not released in australia, you could buy the US version but then had to attach it to a convert then to the console. Pain in the ...

Found him. Hmm he did allsorts of the ones I played and liked. Ocarina of time was a great game.
    Thanks for the name. nice to know who was responsible for those games. Systems themselves are cactus long time ago but were fun while I had them

You ever play suicide mario bros. 2 player, try to get the other person killed while winning
    and after an afternoon of that. hearing in your sleep. DO do do DO DO DO do do do DODODODO
    aarrhghh
    Legend- I thought that was comedy the firsat time I saw it. Maybe I was past the scare age. horror movies usually give me nightmares, either that or no sleep....
    ok I've learnt about a gamew creator, a new song< well about another song. anything else?

• Options
    edited November 2013

Legend- I thought that was comedy the firsat time I saw it. Maybe I was past the scare age. horror movies usually give me nightmares, either that or no sleep....

Legend I thought was awful, just another bad Tom Cruise movie :P

Yeah Mortal Kombat 2011 is banned in the land of Beer and Boomerangs, which is odd because its the birth place of one of the most awesomely violent movies ever Mad Max :3

The world need a Mad Max mmo.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Yeah Mortal Kombat 2011 is banned in the land of Beer and Boomerangs, which is odd because its the birth place of one of the most awesomely violent movies ever Mad Max :3

The world need a Mad Max mmo.

Guess what?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_%282014_video_game%29

• Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hiya Bunny, I'm 48, not a guy and we were arguing for 1 hour. approx 7-8pm my time. I never once said I was gaming since before there were computers. I have been a member of a Gaming club for 20 years. My friend who is 49 + was the one who said about playing MUDS.
    Several other people chimed in with other strange precursor games which they had played. A lot fo which I didn't recognise.

I don't actually hang out in Zone chatting. Most of my Zone chatter, I pick up as I'm running back and forth between missions and such. So if I confused you with one (or more) of the other people who were responding, I apologize. I just know that he was going on - and being responded to - for almost two hours, every time I passed through MC.
    edited November 2013
    The other day I see someone b*tching about the game not being enough like other MMOs. I go do the whole Stronghold arc, come back and they're still at it.

I stop playing. I come back a few hours later. They're still there at it.

Unless they took a break at the same time I did, I estimate they spent about five hours in Zone expressing their disappointment to anyone who would read.
    edited November 2013
    I saw people arguing about video games in zone chat. It made me feel old.

"Dude, no, Atari has to market Pong better!"

"No dude, they have to make the paddles smaller!"

"You're both dumb, I used to play stick ball and I say the ball color needs to be customizable otherwise this company will go bankrupt"

Hey old guys, can you imagine this happening way back when? I think this is why old guys are so prone to shaking their heads at all this stuff... because Pong.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    The other day I see someone b*tching about the game not being enough like other MMOs. I go do the whole Stronghold arc, come back and they're still at it.

Unless they took a break at the same time I did, I estimate they spent about five hours in Zone expressing their disappointment to anyone who would read.

This game does need to be more like other MMOs... because maybe then I can finally stop playing it.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »

The great Bill Watterson said it better than I ever could...

sequels_zps578ba484.gif
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Legend- I thought that was comedy the firsat time I saw it.
    nepht wrote: »

You are both dead to me.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But Tim Curry was kickass Lord of Darkness, as allways.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tim Curry is like a tiny, little god.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yes, that was a good point of the movie, Tim Curry was brilliant.
    It's ok Bunny, I was only hanging around zone becasue I got sick of leveling one alt and was doing nemesis missions (and trick or treaters) with my friend on a bunch of characters. we had just about got ready to swap again when I started arguing with the guy.
    YOu are allowed to nominate me for village idiot for arguing with him
    I'll add the other one on to the list.

• Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Apparently, I'm a Caprice troll. One person got mad at me for throwing water balloons at them and even threatened to report me for harassment on the grounds that I do it to her a lot... even though everyone is an equal target in my sights.

I found this one ironic since this is a person who roleplays a character that always seems to start **** based on misunderstandings and won't take a hint. Ever.
  • Options
    gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was it Madame Butterface, Miss B?
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think it was a random werewolf person that starts with a V (Not naming and shaming). Always seems to get into **** and never understands why.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well unless they nominate you, you'll just have to miss out.