Options

Four New C-Store Costume Sets!

2»

Comments

• Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bone Armor.

Heck yes, I'm getting it. Thanks for not hiding these in boxes!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :O What new outfits???? OMG!

Cool, I am glad you just added them, I am also glad I didn't spent all of my coins on the last sale ;) Now which one should I get first.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I saw the Cardboard Armor set the first thought that went through my head was.

And that's how paper beats rock :tongue:

good going on the new costume sets XD
  • Options
    gentlemanguestgentlemanguest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love that you guys finally added a Plague Doctor mask proper! Love it, love it, love it. My Character Plague has been making due with the Ravenbeak for a long while now, and it's nice to get some love.

Sadly... What isn't so nice is the placement of the masks. I don't know if they could fit anywhere else, but, where the Plague mask is right now, it causes something sorely missing from the Plague Doctor Attire. The hat.

2ymygbn.png

That is the most historically accepted image of the Plague Doctor, and the hat is part of the ensemble, so, sadly, unless there is some chance of it being switched around, I just... Can't figure out a way to use a mask. Even if I love the design, it is sorely deprived of its hat.
  • Options
    lstcause101lstcause101 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love that you guys finally added a Plague Doctor mask proper! Love it, love it, love it. My Character Plague has been making due with the Ravenbeak for a long while now, and it's nice to get some love.

Sadly... What isn't so nice is the placement of the masks. I don't know if they could fit anywhere else, but, where the Plague mask is right now, it causes something sorely missing from the Plague Doctor Attire. The hat.

2ymygbn.png

That is the most historically accepted image of the Plague Doctor, and the hat is part of the ensemble, so, sadly, unless there is some chance of it being switched around, I just... Can't figure out a way to use a mask. Even if I love the design, it is sorely deprived of its hat.

An Ape head can have the hat and mask together

Check out the Community-Designed Hero, my Costume Gallery and my
    Game Suggestion Thread.
  • Options
    gentlemanguestgentlemanguest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...Well. Hot damn. Made my day.
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Sits back on chair.. logs into champs.. sees new sets...spits out tea*

*Spends the next couple hours grinding for Costume sets*

MUST.. HAVE.. MOAR.. COSTUMES .....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm loving these new costumes, though I do want a version of the feathered tunic for guys.

The paper bag is particularly awesome. I'm debating making my own version of the Bombastic Bag Man :)
  • Options
    eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad people are happy with the costumes if they feel they have use for them.
    Personally I think the cardboard one is a big opportunity missed. I remember when the excitement and expectation was for a poorly-made costume set akin to a 'Budget-Justice' costume set.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I haven't bought any of yet.....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    screenshot_2013-11-03-19-52-03_zps9c1d43e3.jpg
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love that you've given us new sets but why on Earth did you guys put the Kabuki masks in the freaking Face Masks & Armor section? This limits what we can do so much by not only limiting what mouth, side and top options can be used in conjunction but what hair options can be used too. My current version of my character Kabuki, made using the 'Formal Mask Opera' and 'Armored Jaw Samurai 3' wears a hood and I didn't realize till after I bought this in excitement that he wouldn't be able to use either a hood or his 'Emo Medium' hair that he has when not using the hood. Please, please move these to Eye Accessories like the '90's Plated Mask' which shows that pieces like that can work in Eye Accessories.
  • Options
    lstcause101lstcause101 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love that you've given us new sets but why on Earth did you guys put the Kabuki masks in the freaking Face Masks & Armor section? This limits what we can do so much by not only limiting what mouth, side and top options can be used in conjunction but what hair options can be used too. My current version of my character Kabuki, made using the 'Formal Mask Opera' and 'Armored Jaw Samurai 3' wears a hood and I didn't realize till after I bought this in excitement that he wouldn't be able to use either a hood or his 'Emo Medium' hair that he has when not using the hood. Please, please move these to Eye Accessories like the '90's Plated Mask' which shows that pieces like that can work in Eye Accessories.

You mean this kabuki mask and this Emo medium i found under heads and hairs??... Couldn't do it for the hood though

screenshot_2013-11-03-22-59-31_zps27d1c956.jpg

Check out the Community-Designed Hero, my Costume Gallery and my
    Game Suggestion Thread.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just want to send a big THANKYOU to the Cryptic North team for these awesome sets. I bought the bone armour one to start with as thats all i can afford for now but i've been making and saving costumes with all the sets in copious quantities for use when i can afford to buy them. From armour made from scavanged Dino bones for Batastrophe when adventuring on Monster Island to a time-travelling medieval outfit for Radioactive Cosmonaut to a Steampunk version of Dr Cerebellum (head cage working with Floating Brain THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!) to finally having a nemesis concept for my swashbuckling vampiress the Scarlet Pippistrelle these sets have so very much use for me!

I even pointed out to my brother that the dino skull pieces could allow one of his tribal characters to wear the skull of their nemesis as a trophy once they were finally defeated, seriously cool stuff!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You mean this kabuki mask and this Emo medium i found under heads and hairs??... Couldn't do it for the hood though

Those would be the ones. Weird that I'm not seeing them. I'll try getting that combo through the chest tab since I forgot to try that earlier and if it still doesn't work for me I'll just have to submit a ticket. Glad to see I should at least be able to do that though.
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    And I need the cardboard set, because come on, everybody needs the cardboard set!
    Yes they do.
    th_2013_11-Schrodingers_Cat.jpg
  • Options
    liochlioch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hate to be a doubter here...

Considering they were released as Halloween-themed items, are these sets going to stay in the CO-Store or will they be a seasonal thing?
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lioch wrote: »

Considering they were released as Halloween-themed items, are these sets going to stay in the CO-Store or will they be a seasonal thing?

I can't remember we ever had Costume Sets that were just seasonal. All the Halloween Packs are still in the shop since years.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's... not really the Feather Pack I was expecting actually!

and why only FEMALES have a Chest Piece while MALES get nothing for their Chest? that's Unfair :(

Both Genders should had a Feathered Chest Piece!

a352788ce1852db64d9e9274a17f87981383247235.jpg
    When I saw the image, I was thinking "There is something missiing here..."
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    lioch wrote: »

To my understanding, they're sticking around.
  • Options
    liochlioch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    I can't remember we ever had Costume Sets that were just seasonal. All the Halloween Packs are still in the shop since years.

I guess I was erring on the side of caution since the Halloween Becomes, but...

To my understanding, they're sticking around.

Cool. I hope they do. Thanks
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like the Dinosaur Suit, these new costumes are relatively unrestricted in what categories you can use them with. I'd like to see this trend continue with future costume pieces. Going back to the older costume pieces and doing the same would also be nice, but I have significantly lower expectations on that happening. I can still dream though.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    robocavemanrobocaveman Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know I'm getting to this late, but I just picked up the Cardboard Armor set, and while it looks super-awesome, am I the only one who wished there were some sort of Cardboard tube single or heavy weapon? This set would've worked perfectly for a 'Cardboard Samurai-esque' toon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The White-Winged Weekend Warrior!