test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Takofanes Lockbox!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2013 in Super News Network
Halloween in Millennium City wouldn?t be complete without a brand-new Takofanes Lockbox! Starting now, villains will drop Takofanes Lockboxes, featuring top-tier Legion Gear, ghoulish transformations, a Dinosaur suit costume set, a brand new Demonwing vehicle, and more!

In addition, there are several small changes to the way lockboxes work:

-Lockboxes will drop similar to how they work in NW, where they'll be on the ground and get auto-picked up when you run across them.

-Totally want the new Demonwing, but need more boxes? You can go to the Questionite store and pick up bundles of the new lockbox, in addition to defeating villains.

-We've updated the tooltip to be a little easier to read, many thanks go out to RadioScience for that change.

-Like the Anniversary lockbox, every Takofanes II lockbox comes with a booster box. This box includes bonuses like resource boosts, etc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really like the new style of lockbox in the way it drops, its very convenient.

When I first saw it I just stared at it for a bit, it's quite pretty :3
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really like the new style of lockbox in the way it drops, its very convenient.

Agreed, nothing worse then seeing a drop and finding out that's only a lockbox, now we're no longer being taunted. Great graphics as well. I might still hate lockboxes but this makes them far less painful.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I hate costume sets in lockboxes, I do like the fact that its all in one drop. So thank you for that.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Especially since the costume sets drop relatively common.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    THANK YOU

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING THE COSTUME UNLOCK IN 1 PART-UNLOCK THEM ALL INSTEAD OF HUNDREDS PIECES <3<3<3

Sharkfin costume parts were just Obnoxious and didn't worth the price/time to get those REALLY small costume unlocks :/ (except of the Helmet and the Chest Piece, the other costume parts were BLEH!!)

AGAIN THANK YOU FOR A FULL SET <3
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013

lockbox.jpg
    I think i may buy some keys now.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I don't like seeing it period. no matter how pretty. it should just go straight to a special inventory slot.

Don't be such a party pooper. Geesh.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My thoughts?
    • I like the tradeable stuff in this lockbox

• I like how the costume set is all in one item now

• I dislike having to gamble for stuff, but I understand the reasons why this persists, namely that it's more profitable this way

• I think the Gravity Pulse is an overpowered weapon. No player character's superpower you can get from the powerhouse has that large of a radius AND does sizable damage AND is spammable AND pulls enemies towards you AND doesn't self-root AND hits all targets (not just 5 max). This is some overpowered BS, and weakens the point of being freeform at all. Why bother? I've said this before, and I'll continue saying it. That vehicle weapon mod is overpowered. (also take a look at the Advanced Hyperkinetic Dampening System weapon mod while you're at it. Does that look balanced to you as-is?)

** IMPORTANT NOTE: I advocate giving player powers the ability to also hit all targets instead of 5 max, and increasing the radius of many of these powers (i.e.: conflagration, avalanche, lightning storm, etc.) Don't nerf the vehicle weapon mod, that will just anger the people who paid for it. Instead, look at upgrading the player powers so they are nearly equal in capability.**

• The Gravity Pulser is a giant strobe, gives me a headache. More people using it than ever? More annoying headaches. :mad:

• The Demonwing ship is pink. I hate pink.

• I like the new lockbox drop's model. I would like to see more treasure drop with models that are not just an exclamation point. Good move, give us more of that please!
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »

[*]I think the Gravity Pulse is an overpowered weapon. No player character's superpower you can get from the powerhouse has that large of a radius AND does sizable damage AND is spammable AND pulls enemies towards you AND doesn't self-root AND hits all targets (not just 5 max). This is some overpowered BS, and weakens the point of being freeform at all. Why bother? I've said this before, and I'll continue saying it. That vehicle weapon mod is overpowered. (also take a look at the Advanced Hyperkinetic Dampening System weapon mod while you're at it. Does that look balanced to you as-is?)

** IMPORTANT NOTE: I advocate giving player powers the ability to also hit all targets instead of 5 max, and increasing the radius of many of these powers (i.e.: conflagration, avalanche, lightning storm, etc.) Don't nerf the vehicle weapon mod, that will just anger the people who paid for it. Instead, look at upgrading the player powers so they are nearly equal in capability.**

[*]The Gravity Pulser is a giant strobe, gives me a headache. More people using it than ever? More annoying headaches. :mad:

Saying something is OP and then claiming you're not advocating its nerfing doesn't really work.

They did reduce targets to 5 thanks to a few key people complaining.

They did not fix crit chance.

The only advantage vehicles had over player powers are the powers that go beyond the usual 5/10 target limits. The lack of WORKING crit chance prevents them from matching player powers otherwise.

I would love to see player powers go beyond the typical caps, as I always thought that was a limitation of the game engine. Of course, we're apparently all too strong and the game is too easy despite the constant defeats of others I see running daily alerts.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    My thoughts?

*snip*
    [*]The Demonwing ship is pink. I hate pink.

[*]I like the new lockbox drop's model. I would like to see more treasure drop with models that are not just an exclamation point. Good move, give us more of that please!
    [/LIST]

oh god, you're kidding. They made a demon ship and coloured it pink. thats just evil

rereads post, ok that makes sense then
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2013
    It looked purple to me. I've seen some pretty drastic color shifts caused by the lighting in this game. Obviously, either Agentnx5 or I was looking at it in bad light.
    Well, it IS Blood moon out right now. Everything is tinted rather harshly.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    secksegai wrote: »
    Saying something is OP and then claiming you're not advocating its nerfing doesn't really work.

Sure it does. OP is, by definition, a reference to how one thing's level of power compares to anothers'. If X is over powered compared to Y then there are two means of addressing that point of imbalance.

1) Nerf X

or

2) Buff Y

agent made it pretty clear that his preferred method of addressing the imbalance he sees is option 2.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Sure it does. OP is, by definition, a reference to how one thing's level of power compares to anothers'. If X is over powered compared to Y then there are two means of addressing that point of imbalance.

1) Nerf X

or

2) Buff Y

agent made it pretty clear that his preferred method of addressing the imbalance he sees is option 2.

It's more a matter of semantics.

Agent thinks its overpowered in the truest sense, as in truly being too strong regardless of other powers.

My personal stance is that it's not to strong, as in just fine.

I agree that it would be nice to see players aoe powers brought more in line, as if it can work for vehicle weapons why are other aoes getting restrictions?

As for why I think grav pulse is fine - vehicles don't have a lot going for them, and only a few weapons are really worth slotting. A critting grav pulse with no target limit, that might be OP, but I haven't seen a vehicle crit consistently... ever, crit chance or not.

As far as general balance goes, its not necessarily that one power is OP, but that other powers deserve to be brought in line because they're UP.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow .. i can now really see that these boxes must make good money for PWE .. since i personally sold around 80-100 of them in the AH in the last 3 days :eek:

So even if i would never open them .. at least a nice source of extra money for me :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited October 2013
    I still don't understand the people who buy lockboxes. It's super easy to farm a tonof them, and now you can buy them for Questionite too...

But hey - enjoy your free globals if you want to sell them off.
    I've been away from Champions for a while, so I feel a little rusty, and I have some questions:

1) Does anyone have a picture of the new Dinosaur costume?

2) To get the Dinosaur costume I have to collect these new Lockboxes (dropped randomly during play, I suspect, or purchaseable in the Q store) and open them with keys from the Z-Store (or Exchange).

3) If I'm understanding the posts above correctly the Dinosaur costume is a single item for all pieces in the costume, that's pretty cool! Is the item tradable? In other words, might it be possible to purchase from the Exchange, and if so, does anyone know what the item is called (so that I might search for it)?

Thanks.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been away from Champions for a while, so I feel a little rusty, and I have some questions:

1) Does anyone have a picture of the new Dinosaur costume?

2) To get the Dinosaur costume I have to collect these new Lockboxes (dropped randomly during play, I suspect, or purchaseable in the Q store) and open them with keys from the Z-Store (or Exchange).

3) If I'm understanding the posts above correctly the Dinosaur costume is a single item for all pieces in the costume, that's pretty cool! Is the item tradable? In other words, might it be possible to purchase from the Exchange, and if so, does anyone know what the item is called (so that I might search for it)?

Thanks.

1. http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247881

2. To get the dinosuit it's quicker to just go to the AH, there are a ton there and when I looked last night the price had dropped to 40G. Just search "dino".

3. It's a single item. See number 2 for the rest.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1. http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247881

2. To get the dinosuit it's quicker to just go to the AH, there are a ton there and when I looked last night the price had dropped to 40G. Just search "dino".

3. It's a single item. See number 2 for the rest.
    Thanks Ken!
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    Become Evil Frank is a terrible character and that's an understatement. Yeah it's sort of cool but as long as you aren't in combat.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Become Evil Frank is a terrible character and that's an understatement. Yeah it's sort of cool but as long as you aren't in combat.

HOLY NECRONOMICRON BATMAN!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Maybe he just came back from the past to the future to give his comment.
    ...​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    So is this Dinosaur Costume just the old one re-released or a new design?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    since the post is 2013, at a guess the old one.

1. major necro.
    2. become evil frank is just a red version of become frank.
    3. become frank, ghost were failures in the zen store, then the Q store and were dumped in the halloween lockboxes
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    chaelk said:

since the post is 2013, at a guess the old one.

3. become frank, ghost were failures in the zen store, then the Q store and were dumped in the halloween lockboxes
    That explains it for me. Thx.