test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions for Kinetic Manipulation and Earth Form.

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Suggestions Box
I was thinking to keep them from being trivialized/ become obsolete I thought of the following, take note that most other Offensive passives Synergy with their power-set so I thought I'd do the same,

Kinetic Manipulation,
  1. Give a Cost Discount for the Force Powers.
  2. Give it inherent Knock Resist (Also consider PFF to, but RavenForce has passionately elaborated on this subject else where.)
  3. Unnerf Damage Resistances for Ranking up Passive (Should Match other Offensives in general).
  4. Give at-least a 50% Chance that Force Cascade should not Absorb the Passive that was tailored for it's own power-set.

Earth Form,
  1. Give a Cost Discount to Earth Powers,
  2. Reduce Charge speed for Earth powers.
However this passive is developed any other idea's should be kept in mind, so, what do you think?
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    KM gets eaten by force cascade for the same reason Gigabolt gives itself a cooldown when you charge it.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kinetic Manipulation is an Energy Form which by default is consumed by Force Cascade.

I think that the damage resistance values on KM do need to be altered to reflect what Earth Form currently gives.

1) Yes, I agree with it, you should be able to increase the effectiveness of Force Powers outside of increased damage but making them more efficient would make this passive more appealing via cost discount. I agree.

2) Again, I agree here. Ideally BOTH Force Passives should have knock resistance values (KM on par with Unstoppable and PFF higher than KM as it is a defensive passive). Can be explained by being able to reduce the inertia of objects, limbs in your area, resulting in less of an impact. Or in PFF's case, being a real force field.

3) Ties in with my earlier point regarding KM resist values. KM is basically a super situational passive.

4) This would be tricky to do. The majority of Offensive Passives, one support passive and a few Active Offensives as well as some buffing powers count as energy forms. To do that would mean to re-tool (I'd assume) the way these passives are tagged and how they function in some instances. Energy Forms, from what I understand, aren't meant to stick around after such a "titanic blast of energy" such as Force Cascade, which is why they deactivate, the idea behind FC is that it is very draining.

Energy Forms are there to greatly reduce cost of the blast of power as a trade off for the Energy Form Cancel Debuff.

However, having said that I think KM might benefit from a small special interaction between it and FC but I am not sure how that would affect things. As an Impulse I was able to see another Impulse hitting 20k with KM and FC, and having the chance to do that repeatedly -may- cause balance issues.

Whilst it would be a nice thing to do for the passive, it could cause issues, as it would have to be changed in a few ways:

- Either reduce the damage bonus from KM and allow it not to be removed by FC

- Lower FC's damage but stop it from eating Energy Forms

Not ideal either way but it is something I'd expect IF KM was going to be changed in that way.

Earth Form points:

I love those ideas both, I think it may be in fact a replacement for Earth Form's snare feature as it has been pointed out by Kaiserin, snare is a form of CC and doesn't really belong on a offensive passive, that would be more to do with a defensive or support passive. And since Earth Form is NOT a tanking passive, charge speed increase to Earth Powers and Cost Discount would be great replacements.