test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken Nemesis Mission

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Missions and Content
Bunker Buster, You go thru to the War Room and the Nemesis doesn't get defeated and you cannot complete it.
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sadly, that's an old and well-known bug.

Fortunately, it's intermittent. Leave the mission and start over (no need to drop the mission, just leave the map and go back in), and you may be able to complete it. It might take several tries; I've had it work on the first run, and I've had to do it as many as eight times before it completes.
    Sadly, that's an old and well-known bug.

Fortunately, it's intermittent. Leave the mission and start over (no need to drop the mission, just leave the map and go back in), and you may be able to complete it. It might take several tries; I've had it work on the first run, and I've had to do it as many as eight times before it completes.

Well it was my First last night and was disappointing despite it being a nice mission to do, I can try, again... had a few of those Intermittent type missions on my stay on CO.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a fun little mission when it works.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I mentioned this in another thread about nem missions always bugging out. Try running it without turning on your travel once. So far I haven't had the mission(or any other mission like prison breakout) bug out because I never had my travel on. Will it work for you? I am not sure, didn't get a response last time if it worked for others or not, but it has been working for me.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's been my experience that what causes this to bug out is fast DPSing the sub missions and not really letting NPCs do their various scripted speeches.

If you slow down, take each sub-mission one by one in order and not try to insta-gib the foes, it works pretty fine.

YMMV, but I've yet to have this bug out on me, or for my friends when they try this advice.

I imagine not using a travel power might simulate going slower too, but I never tried it.
    edited October 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another thread about nem missions always bugging out. Try running it without turning on your travel once. So far I haven't had the mission(or any other mission like prison breakout) bug out because I never had my travel on. Will it work for you? I am not sure, didn't get a response last time if it worked for others or not, but it has been working for me.
    No idea if this is the issue but travel powers really aren't that much of a help in this mission so it would be worth a try. You wouldn't be missing much by slowing down a little. Usually I get the mission to work on the second try. It's a shame that it bugs out at the end though, you need to do a lot of work to get to that point, and running it again (fun as the mission is) usually feels like a chore.

The prison jail break nemesis mission is also bugged. If your villain doesn't walk out of his/her cell in the cut scene leave and restart. It's not going to work.
    edited October 2013
    Another possible problem is too many heroes? Usually if you rescue everyone you're stuck with a train of seven or more heroes plus soldiers. I ran this the other day and I found the less heroes I had with me the less opposition I faced. My Red Winter fight only had two of the Russians when I had only one hero with me. The barracks fight only had the boss and three minions. In the end I think you're only required to have the base commander, don't talk to the captured heroes after clearing the room, and it's possible that the boss fight at the end won't have as much stuff to process and thus you might not have the same potential for errors.

Just a thought.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    guyhumual wrote: »
    No idea if this is the issue but travel powers really aren't that much of a help in this mission so it would be worth a try. You wouldn't be missing much by slowing down a little. Usually I get the mission to work on the second try. It's a shame that it bugs out at the end though, you need to do a lot of work to get to that point, and running it again (fun as the mission is) usually feels like a chore.

The prison jail break nemesis mission is also bugged. If your villain doesn't walk out of his/her cell in the cut scene leave and restart. It's not going to work.

As it was said by iamrune that is one of the possible reasons why it bugs out. The NPCs don't finish their speeches the mission has a possibility to lock out on itself. Not having your TP on to travel from room to room quicker has helped me not rush the mission which so far has been working for me. I had to run another Bunker Buster mission the other day and sadly it did bug out on me but I believe its because I went to the barracks before the general got his power suit and triggered a dual cutscene to over lap one another. So it's best to just stick around until everyone shuts up and follow every NPC if they so happen to run off first before joining the group.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Another possible problem is too many heroes? Usually if you rescue everyone you're stuck with a train of seven or more heroes plus soldiers. I ran this the other day and I found the less heroes I had with me the less opposition I faced. My Red Winter fight only had two of the Russians when I had only one hero with me. The barracks fight only had the boss and three minions. In the end I think you're only required to have the base commander, don't talk to the captured heroes after clearing the room, and it's possible that the boss fight at the end won't have as much stuff to process and thus you might not have the same potential for errors.

Just a thought.

I would have to try that out next time I get the mission.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!