test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lairs

bludskarrbludskarr Posts: 119 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Suggestions Box
I would like lairs to be introduced at lower levels, and spread out to every 10 levels, and one for each neighborhood or so (more would be better but I think just one every 10 character levels or so would be a great start.)

Give them 2 mini bosses and a final boss each with some interesting mobs in between. A box of Q from each boss and one per day per account the final boss of each lair would drop a lock box key. Give those of us who don't buy the keys a taste of what they have and we might be tempted to buy more.

New effects for old powers

More EXP for Adventure Packs please.
Post edited by bludskarr on

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Uhhh... your suggestion is 4 lairs...

There are more lairs than that already in game. The first technical lair is Destroyer's Factory at level 27ish, that takes less than a day to reach. Project: Awakening in Canada, as well as Stronghold are considered lairs, even though they were designed for single palyers from minute one. You also have Necrull's Cave, Dr. Moreau's Lab on Monster Island, the VIPER Base on Monster Island, the Mandragalore in Lemuria and finally Therakiel's Lair in Vibora Bay.

Now while I don't disagree that we need more lair content, what we don't need is yet more content put in at the lower levels when this game is atrociously starved for end game content.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why not create lairs for nemeses?
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the Nemcon comes close to that.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    finalslaps wrote: »

No, I mean a lair for each individual nemesis.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    No, I mean a lair for each individual nemesis.

Because technically that already exists with the nemesis arc. Might be short but it still exists. We've been asking for new lairs for a long time now. The closest thing we've gotten is this new alert stuff that is just eh.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Because technically that already exists with the nemesis arc. Might be short but it still exists. We've been asking for new lairs for a long time now. The closest thing we've gotten is this new alert stuff that is just eh.

Might as well say that Cryptic wants their game to die...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    finalslaps wrote: »

Yeah, but damn you have to wait until level 40-ish to do it. Your Nemesis should be a recurring character through out your carer. A it is I've hit 40 with more than 15 toons and hardly seen any of their nems at all. The Nemesis clues that lead you to missions involving them are few and very far between.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Uhhh... your suggestion is 4 lairs...

There are more lairs than that already in game. The first technical lair is Destroyer's Factory at level 27ish, that takes less than a day to reach. Project: Awakening in Canada, as well as Stronghold are considered lairs, even though they were designed for single palyers from minute one. You also have Necrull's Cave, Dr. Moreau's Lab on Monster Island, the VIPER Base on Monster Island, the Mandragalore in Lemuria and finally Therakiel's Lair in Vibora Bay.

Now while I don't disagree that we need more lair content, what we don't need is yet more content put in at the lower levels when this game is atrociously starved for end game content.

I see that I wasn't very clear. Let me try again. One lair in each neighborhood and divided up by every 10 character levels, to start with. So one level 10 lair in Westside. Then a level 10 close to Project Greenskin and one by the starting area in Canada. One level 20 in every 20-ish neighborhood in the game. And one level 30-ish neighborhood and so on. For some they could repurpose/redesign existing lairs I suppose.

Level 27, while fairly quickly reached I suppose, is still quite far into the game to wait for a lair, I feel. And the design of the existing lairs is often confusing, too short or far too long. I've been to T's Temple all of once and, man, I had no idea what the hell was going on through most of it. My SG ll got together to so Secret Reagent Man once, and half the team died in one fight and got extra lost trying to find the rest of us. While the Factory seems to end before you really get into it

The lairs as they are now are either too short, way too long or difficult to find your way around. I'm just thinking the next time Cryptic sits down to add some stuff they might want to consider some team play content. And yeah, maybe give level 40's more to do than grind the hell out of Nemcon.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More lairs throughout the entire leveling process would be okay. Hell, more stuff in general throughout the entire leveling process. And make it so we can que for the lairs too, otherwise they probably won't see enough use to warrant the production cost.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    bludskarr wrote: »
    Yeah, but damn you have to wait until level 40-ish to do it. Your Nemesis should be a recurring character through out your carer. A it is I've hit 40 with more than 15 toons and hardly seen any of their nems at all. The Nemesis clues that lead you to missions involving them are few and very far between.

Your nemesis is. And oh no, you have to wait an entire day to reach nemcon. Yea, it takes about a day to hit level 40 in this game, so I am not exactly hurting for the people who haven't done it yet. Your nemesis sends out his goons every now and then, a percentage chance based on power ups you pick up or mobs you defeat, which furniture counts as. One of them drops a clue. That clue in turn starts a mission. The cooldown is 6 hours after you completed the last mission. After 2 world missions you get a small lair mission to do with your nemesis. So, what you have been asking for has been there all along.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS