test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Option to disable passive FX

cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Suggestions Box
There are a lot of great passives, each with its own niche...but I find myself avoiding a lot of them simply because of theme. That tends to limit me to those with minimal or non-specific visual FX.

I'd love to see a 0-point advantage on all passives that allows you to disable its visual FX, so you could remove the crumbly, dusty look of Earth Form, or the neon blink of Defiance, or the magic tendrils of AoPM.

If it's a PvP issue, you could force them to be visible in PvP (though I think the buff icon serves that purpose).

Comments

• Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It would be nice to disable gfx on other passive-like things like Energy Shield's Laser Knight effect, Telekinetic Shield's Telekinetic Reinforcement and Force Shield's Force Sheathe. For thematic reasons.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same with Forms too. Like Aspect of the Infernal. I DON'T WANNA LOOK LIKE A FART CLOUD ALL THE TIME.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    jeffometerjeffometer Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lord, signed and double-signed. They don't even have to be 0-point advantages. I would happily pay points to get rid of the glimmer/glows. Heck, i'd consider paying real-life monies!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This would be cool, but questionably possible.
    f722b621-f05f-45ed-8959-246df6db646d_zps0906d61a.jpg

But yeah, just suppressing the effects entirely would be a lot easier.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There were recent threads just about this subject. TT when and said that a aura disabler was not possible as the power auras are applied over each other and that they cannot be removed with their Aura system in development.

Nothing short of making alt version of passives that give you the option of turning them off in a power menu drop down. Which Cryptic is ignorantly refusing to do.
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And yet Aura of Radiant Protection works just fine with no visual effects and having an advantage to add effects. Could we not simply extend that to all passives?
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And yet Aura of Radiant Protection works just fine with no visual effects and having an advantage to add effects. Could we not simply extend that to all passives?

Hell yes!

This would help so much with theme builds too, allowing you to match strong power synergies while keeping within the same visual theme.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    /signed!

*jumps around the minefield on a pogo stick*

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013

That is an option the devs won't do despite it seeming like the only one. They HATE drop downs for powers and they HAAATE emanation points.