test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zombie Outbreak Game!!!

cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Off Topic
So I got the chance to sneak up on a random person today and it gave me the idea to start our own little Zombie Outbreak!

It's easy to play, just hop in your best zombie outfit and sneak up on unsuspecting souls to get a quick pick! To make things more interesting, if you find out you've been on the receiving end of a zombie attack you can make an infected version of your hero to help spread the mayhem!!

WILL ANYONE SURVIVE?!?

Well... I know Gradii won't, as she's the first to be infected!!:tongue:

Zombieattack.jpg
Post edited by cptcooltastic on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you are seriously weird, you know that.

:biggrin:
    I like that in a person.

braiaains waaanntt braaaainns
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Mooooaaaaaaaaaaannn* I'm soooo stuffed!! I really made a pig of myself last night. Gnawing through Caliga's helmet really worked up my appetite though. :P

screenshot_2013-10-16-23-29-03.jpg

screenshot_2013-10-16-23-29-49.jpg

screenshot_2013-10-16-23-46-14.jpg

screenshot_2013-10-16-23-29-21.jpg
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My god and it's Bloodmoon at the moment. All hope is lost!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm kinda bummed this thread never went anywhere...

Some creepy pictures in here though...

Would be neat for them to do an in game event where players turn into zombies and infect other players and npcs or something...
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I'm kinda bummed this thread never went anywhere...

Some creepy pictures in here though...

Would be neat for them to do an in game event where players turn into zombies and infect other players and npcs or something...

That didn't go over so well in WoW. Many pissed-off players.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, it's not really a lot of fun when your character gets hijacked while you're trying to play. And then there are the griefers who seek out infection, so they can go kill all the NPCs who run the Auction and give out (and let you turn in) missions, and do it again every time the NPCs respawn...

That was the beginning of the end of WoW for me, when even the devs didn't see an issue with this. When you can't be safe from PvP on a server that's not supposed to allow it, well, I've got better things to do with my time than let it be wasted by someone seeking to frustrate me for his own entertainment.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not really a lot of fun when your character gets hijacked while you're trying to play. And then there are the griefers who seek out infection, so they can go kill all the NPCs who run the Auction and give out (and let you turn in) missions, and do it again every time the NPCs respawn...

That was the beginning of the end of WoW for me, when even the devs didn't see an issue with this. When you can't be safe from PvP on a server that's not supposed to allow it, well, I've got better things to do with my time than let it be wasted by someone seeking to frustrate me for his own entertainment.

Fun fact: Back in Vanilla WoW, there was a debuff that a boss in... Zul Gurub? Whichever the one in Stranglethorn Vale was. It was this disease thing that you could spread to other players in the raid. One guy was in the raid, got the infection, and one way or another, they were probably gonna wipe, so he decides to hearth back home. Lo and behold, it turned out he could infect other players (and NPCs, I think), and they would then infect others. News of this spread around, and people went to get the debuff on purpose, to grief other players. It was an epidemic.

Years later, Blizzard goes "LOL that was funny let's do it again."
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013

But there were also a lot of people who loved the crud out of it... like me, I thought it was the most fun thing ever in that game. And sure, people moaned and groaned about it (daz a pun), but it was only a week, it was directly related to the lore.

It was a fantastic idea, that sadly will go down in history as being one of the biggest examples of people complaining because creativity and fun got in the way of their video game chores.

Heck I'm sure somewhere around here we have someone who's mad because they're having trouble farming Nemcon because everyone's doing BM.

jonsills wrote: »

I was probably one of the people making your life miserable that week. If it's any consolation, by the end of that event my face hurt from smiling so much.

And no, it wasn't fun because I was ruining other peoples' fun... I was under the naive assumption that everyone was having fun playing the video game.