test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Firewatch Initiative is recruiting!

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
We're a new SG, I've run enough of em as a second in command that I decided taking the plunge was a good idea. We're very active, and very social-based. We are CC focused, and do some light rp. We also run content, and I do weekly events with huge prizes for SG members.

The concept is that we're a task force that outsources to different governments, to deal with issues they aren't equipped or capable of handling themselves, by any means necessary. Charity-based mercenaries, in a nutshell. Honorable ronin, willing to do pro-bono if the threat is big enough.

If you're interested, send me a mail or tell in game @eviltaco. We take all comers, the only request is just don't be a troll. We accept all play styles, and level is no object. If you ever need help leveling, lots of us will team up to help you advance.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Taco
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Bumpety.

:D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just found this and you seem to have a lot of heroes (in coalition or otherwise) that are very familiar, do you have a website by any chance? I'm not terribly active right now but would be interested in checking it out if you do have one, I don't use Facebook or other social media. I'm a bit of a luddite, lol.
    AC
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I shall consider joining Firewatch, seems interesting enough. Now if only i had a spare toon somewhere..
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ooh!

I'd definitely consider this, I have a few toons out of SG at the moment, just hanging around.

I'll be sure to get in touch in game! :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yikes, sorry if this a a thread Necro, I saw the SG Icon on a Primus Database page recently and didnt even look at the thread date.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh, no, not a necro. I just haven't bumped it in a while. We're always recruiting, and having people that know and like our members is a definite bonus :biggrin: . Yeah, if you're interested hit up either me (@eviltaco, obvs.), @glassrose, or @randomchance42. Any member you see can send an invite, we give that privilege to all of our people because we're socially focused and loosely organized, but we're probably the ones you wanna talk to for more detailed info.

We don't have a website as of yet, mostly because I work a ton of hours. I'm gonna get on that though, pretty soon. A forum, at the very least. I gather guildportal is a good starting place, seems like every SG I know of with a site uses em. I used to do websites for a living, I'm actually pretty ashamed that I haven't made one yet. Maybe I'll pull people together for screenies tomorrow and finally get cracking. Hopefully I can tag the ever talented eiledon/liath for a bit of help, they're the genius behind our primus page and the nifty logo you see at bottom. Can't give enough props, there, that pdb page is gorgeous.

Also, there are hijinks! Yesterday a few of us got together dressed as Gravitar and cascade-bombed random alerts. Hilarious wanton destruction ftw.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2rdepaw.jpg

In among the other random everything we try to get into, silliness for its own sake is now a top priority. :biggrin:
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    .... I gather guildportal is a good starting place, seems like every SG I know of with a site uses em. ...

Trust me on this one. Do not use Guildportal. I hate it, so much. If I wasn't facing tons of hard **** work in the process, I'd have left it ages ago.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    While I find Guildportal to be the easiest to use for what little of it I actually do use, I can't pretend it's stable. I have lost art/posts and have sat through two pretty big crashes in the past. I know a forum page isn't terribly important but it sure seemed it during the transition from CoX to CO.

Silver Sentry reporting for duty (Thanks for the invite).
  • Options
    dragonf1ightdragonf1ight Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi. I sent a friend invite to you, eviltaco. The name's @Dragonf1ight.

The SG I'm with is very laid-back about SG bank content, and there's a ton of useful stuff there, so I don't want to leave the SG, but they're not on as much anymore, so what I'd like to do is run with your SG if that's okay. If you have a private chat channel set up, that would be ideal.
  • Options
    fallenthorn1fallenthorn1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ill send an ingame mail when i get home this evening. Been looking for an SG for awhile yet only one person responded and told me that most SG are themed based.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ill send an ingame mail when i get home this evening. Been looking for an SG for awhile yet only one person responded and told me that most SG are themed based.

We are so themed! We try to eat, sleep, and breath Firewatching. Sometimes we just stare at each other for hours to train our watchy-ness. Also we all worship Ratasassin, he is kinda the unofficial Ruler.

But all recruits must run around MC without pants holding a chair screaming, "I have cottage cheese in my socks!!" It's the only way to become a true Firewatchalite
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The cottage cheese also does a great job at absorbing foot sweat. It's a win/win.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just reading through all of this for the first time. Not sure if it matters but it is @Glass-Rose (not just glassrose). Contact Taco, myself or @RandomChance42 if you're interested in joining the SG or if you just have any questions about us. :D

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Actually, I was referring to Taco forgetting the hyphen in my @handle. People needed the right one if they planned on messaging me.

This isn't the place for personal information, just getting the SG out there. :)

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi. I sent a friend invite to you, eviltaco. The name's @Dragonf1ight.

The SG I'm with is very laid-back about SG bank content, and there's a ton of useful stuff there, so I don't want to leave the SG, but they're not on as much anymore, so what I'd like to do is run with your SG if that's okay. If you have a private chat channel set up, that would be ideal.

I accidentally rejected this, I think. Hit me up again or I'll send you a mail in game. Sorry about that, dunno why it bugged out.

We do have a private channel, it's "firewatch". Feel free to join it and say hi. :)
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So far I keep all my toons in my own SG (makes it easier to share stuff between accounts), but you tempt me to detach Major Cleavage from the Union of Concerned Superheroes and have her apply to the Firewatch.

(I named her after the saga of someone who got badnamed for their own "Major Cleavage". I was curious how long I could run around before someone complained. However, I haven't played her much lately, so there's been little opportunity for complaints...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You decided to do so, it'd be awesome to have you on board. You're on my friends list already, totally drop a line and say hi :).
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    droadbanedroadbane Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i am thinking about re getting gold sub how active is your league ?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'll chime in here. :)

Very active. There are like 10 members of the SG on almost every day (Including leadership). we run alerts together, costume, do missions or just generally hang out. There is light RP and some SG RP storylines that people can jump in on if they so choose.

Its a great group of people, really.

Hope that helps! Send us a line in game or reply back on here if you have anymore questions for us.

- Rose

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    i sure will ! my last league fell over internal drama and then people just not being interested in helping lvling characters.
    i think i might resub on saturday .Have to wait on things to go though i want to grind to more 40s for the free slot at 40 hehe.i love lvling up concepts and making them work . Last i was on my main was over a year and a half ago .iIgot 3 i want to lvl more within a nice community that doesnt fall into cliques of people .
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh, we're definitely that. We probably do some in game violence for at least 3 hours a night. Often, more. Check my sig, I'm trying to level every archetype to 40 just to say I've done so, and reskin em to something cool. 3 down, tons to go, so at the least you'll have me to run around and kill stuff with. :)
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sounds great ill probably be in on Saturday after i maybe give this game a 6 month sub in cause i am not doing the archtype thing lol and as far as i remember i don't think i converted any one to silver , do they still give out for golds the free character slot at 40 ?
    i remember i got 3 40s atm

oh and my handle is @008 ill look for ya
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, the issue there is that you wouldn't know the account Major Cleavage is on - she's one of my tertiary-account characters (an account created because I wanted to see just how badly broken the "streamlined" character creator is. Ans: very).

On the other paw, I was recently given some Zen by my housemates, so I now have two more character slots; when I decide who's going to fill those, I'll send at least one of them to the Initiative, just because. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Nice! :D

haha dang, so no major cleavage? I was itching to see what the *ahem* fallout from that would be.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay, Taco, I dropped you a line from Hothead. Or, if you prefer, today in response to AC's newest drawing lottery I commissioned Electrocutie, a young Tempest who isn't averse to doing a little pin-up stuff. Either one would take an invite... :smile:

• Options
    magnathyr1magnathyr1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Heya Evil,

Sent you an ingame friend request... The Firewatch Initiative sounds cool and I am interested in trying it out... not sure what your policy is on alt characters, but if I like a guild/SG I like to bring in all my toons, that way I have varied lvl toons that I can use to help out other members with... plus I'm just family oriented and tend to view members as extended family. :biggrin:

Anyways... handle is @Magnathyr / Character name is - Sadiq Al-Mahdi

Thanks
  • Options
    valdariousvaldarious Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am interesting in joining up if you are still accepting new people. I played the game a lot when it first came out and left for awhile. I had to come back and I am glad I still have all my old characters. I am resubbed again as gold and loving the game. I do not at this time have a 40 but I have a couple 20's. I am working on concentrating on specifically one character right now so that I can at least get one or two to the 40 mark.
    The one I am currently playing the most is Lethal Poison. @valdarious is my in game account.
    I hail in the East Coast US and even though my wife doesn't play these games I try to find time to get on when I can. I am normally on for about an hour around 4pm then again later that night. Friday nights are my game nights and I am normally on all night long. Weekends, I am normally on a lot also.

Veteran from 2009 recently returned to the fray.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sure, sounds like a good group. I'm still in the automatically created group I was dumped in as part of the tutorial. (@marhawkman)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    valdariousvaldarious Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm still in the automatically created group I was dumped in as part of the tutorial.

I have always been curious about this. I see people running around with these groups a lot and never understood why. I was however never put into any of them.

Veteran from 2009 recently returned to the fray.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    valdarious wrote: »
    I have always been curious about this. I see people running around with these groups a lot and never understood why. I was however never put into any of them.
    Might be a new feature. not sure. My join date is when I actually started playing. :P

I should look to see how many people are still in mine.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Might be a new feature. not sure. My join date is when I actually started playing. :P

I should look to see how many people are still in mine.
    In theory, the New Champions pseudo-SG is assigned to all characters of people who started playing after On Alert dropped. (I'm not sure why - its only effect, so far as I can tell, is to add a step to joining a real SG, in that you have to quit your assigned one first.)

In practice, some new toons of newer accounts aren't assigned, and some new toons of old, established accounts (mine, for instance) are. (I'd say about one in four of my toons gets added to New Champions, which is annoying, as one of the first things I usually do is add them to my personal SG, the Union of Concerned Superheroes.)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    In theory, the New Champions pseudo-SG is assigned to all characters of people who started playing after On Alert dropped. (I'm not sure why - its only effect, so far as I can tell, is to add a step to joining a real SG, in that you have to quit your assigned one first.)

In practice, some new toons of newer accounts aren't assigned, and some new toons of old, established accounts (mine, for instance) are. (I'd say about one in four of my toons gets added to New Champions, which is annoying, as one of the first things I usually do is add them to my personal SG, the Union of Concerned Superheroes.)
    I suppose that, in theory, a group of new players could continue to use the random SG. But in practice? Most new characters are like your and predestined to not stay in that SG.

But anyways, I don't really care what SG I end up in, as long as I like the other members.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    filppilp22filppilp22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello! I'd be interested in joining your SuperGroup. I'm a new player looking for some people to play with.

IGN: Sceritha :cool:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    However you choose to celebrate the holidays, may it be joyous!
    AC
  • Options
    gonzaimongonzaimon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hello
    im a new player,before me playing in beta but just for a while

now im back as grimoire,im a new and noob player,need a SG for playing together(im a socialbased player)

can i join this SG?

thanks

im Ethereal@gonzaimon in game:smile:
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heya gonzaimon! Sorry, been away from the forums for a couple of days. Feel free to hit up myself or any of the other Firewatch leaders in game.

@EvilTaco, @Glass-Rose, and @RandomChance42 are our in-game handles.
  • Options
    gonzaimongonzaimon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heya gonzaimon! Sorry, been away from the forums for a couple of days. Feel free to hit up myself or any of the other Firewatch leaders in game.

@EvilTaco, @Glass-Rose, and @RandomChance42 are our in-game handles.

thanks mate,already add @eviltaco
    but now im adding @glass-rose , @randomchance42 :biggrin:

thanks
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wanted to let the Firewatch folks know that I've returned to the realm of PC gaming (as of last week). So I should be in game more often now!
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf