test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

water/ooze combined powerset?

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Suggestions Box
So people want a water powerset.
People want an alien symbiote style powerset.
People want stretching limbs and changing shapes powerset.
We already have 3 ooze travel powers.
We already have the Ro'inesh costume set.

I don't know if this is technically possible but i thought i'd throw the idea out there.

How about, if possible, a powerset that can manage all of these to some extent? Could we have a powerset with the choice of Opaque effects or Transparent effects as well as colours?

If we could have that choice then transparent blue could give a water effect power that opaque green might like like ooze.

And so on the water power look version a character has water around their visible body form into a big sledgehammer on a watery tendril, the same in opaque green would look like the ooze-chracter has become all blobby and grown a big blobby sledgehammer on the end of a tentacle to whack the enemy with.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think somebody mentioned last year that "Water" like powers were a big no no for the Champions engine...

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flechus wrote: »
    I think somebody mentioned last year that "Water" like powers were a big no no for the Champions engine...

Yeah... with the clunky the way the engine's built, elastic/fluid abilities, wallcrawling, and non-hardcoded black/white coloring of powers... are all basically impossible.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Except for all the powers used by the Roin'Esh in Whiteout.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flechus wrote: »
    Yeah... with the clunky the way the engine's built, elastic/fluid abilities, wallcrawling, and non-hardcoded black/white coloring of powers... are all basically impossible.

Water is a no because its hard to get looking right without being a massive drain on system resources though not sure what is men't by looking right. Pretty sure it could be done as there a powers already in game that are some what watery.

Elastic as in stretching limbs is a no because it brakes the character models and makes them look ****

Wall crawling would require new animations for powers as well as every surface in the game being reworked so to much work to be viable i think
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well if those things are so hard why not just give us a Roin'Esh powerset with the powers from the Roin'Esh in Whiteout?

Or if for some reason even that is somehow too hard seeing as the Roin'Esh become device that drops in Whiteout is one charge only how about a z-store unlimited version?
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Except for all the powers used by the Roin'Esh in Whiteout.

Which are custom-coded using a lot of character/model specific coding and visual trickery that is not designed or intended for player usage, much like the powers/animations used by four-armed characters such as Grond and the PSI Agents.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Which are custom-coded using a lot of character/model specific coding and visual trickery that is not designed or intended for player usage, much like the powers/animations used by four-armed characters such as Grond and the PSI Agents.

So wouldn't a become device work then?
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    YES, please! A Water Mimicry, puddle-like Travel power, akin to Ooze Tunneling. MUST happen!!! <3

I'll just leave these here (for like the 100th time). :tongue::biggrin:

watermimicry1.gif watermimicry2.gif

/so signed