test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have you joined the LFG Channel?

nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Over the last four years 3613 players in Champions Online and Star Trek Online
have signed up for the LFG channel shared by the two games.

LFG is Looking For Group for course.

Type /channel_join LFG into your chat console

Often there's around forty or sixty people actively lurking.
It's really very quiet though, so make some noise, and get grouped today!
Post edited by nextnametaken on

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes.

Hey neat, there's literally nothing else to say in this thread :)
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yes, occasioabkky hear something
    also Clarence for clarence event,
    drifter for when we had drifter missions,
    ranters for all out arguments(ok I made that one- feel free to have arguments on there rather than zone everyone)
    trade for random discussions and occasionally trade

Concepts and builds- I'm not on
    that's another useful one, for people with questions

why not a thread listing all useful channels, rather than one for each channel. If you list them all you may be able to get it stickied
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the tip, dood.
    888237-prinny_ahem_large.jpg
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have not joined this channel because I'm not looking for a group.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    why not a thread listing all useful channels, rather than one for each channel. If you list them all you may be able to get it stickied

Because then all the whining and crying about CoX channel and community would also get stickied.
    We don't need that. We are not discussing that in this thread.

Here I want to see how many people join LFG and ideally to take a head count
    in a week and hopefully find some improved participation.

An individual thread will find the person that the thread is meant for, a thread updated will likely get spotted by the very few who wander through the forums and click the "new posts" or "Today's posts" link.

You want to make a possibly stickied thread about all the dead channels out there, go ahead.
    Here's some Vibora, Westside, Ok, 0_o, Boobs, Bones, Trees, Reddit, ERP, RP, Roleplay, LFT, off-topic, Clones, Code, Math, Champions, mooks,friends, New, and Teams. Just to name a few.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You want to make a possibly stickied thread about all the dead channels out there, go ahead.
    Here's some Vibora, Westside, Ok, 0_o, Boobs, Bones, Trees, Reddit, ERP, RP, Roleplay, LFT, off-topic, Clones, Code, Math, Champions, mooks,friends, New, and Teams. Just to name a few.

So, what makes you consider those useful channels?
    edited October 2013
    I'm not discussing those channels in this thread, I'm discussing LFG channel.
    It needs a boost.
    If it was a default chat tab it would be a huge improvement to the system we have now of new players being silenced, zone/combat/reward/mission text/trade spammed while ignored by experienced players by default.

If 'show player level' was an option in the chat along side time and date and message category,
    what a revolution in teaming that would be. When I hear a vague call for help with minimal
    information like "help me with a mission?", I check their level in the social window.
    What a hassle, sometimes the persons name pops up but the UI doesn't want to actually select them.
    Getting their levels gives a good idea what content they want to play and is a big factor on wether or not anyone wants to respond.

The timid new players are not going to jump at "Purple Reign" or "Brains Behind the Breakout" if they don't know those are level nine and ten mission , to them it could be end game bosses.
    [LFG][9:00][20] Queen City anyone?
    [LFG][9:00][35] LFM Carrier wave

is a lot better than "Anyone for Fatal Error? Surprise I'm level 6, you do all the work!"

You know what happens to me a lot?
    [Zone] Noob: Someone help with purple gang hideout?
    Noob has joined the team
    [Zone] Me: anyone else for Purple Reign
    [Zone] He: me!
    [Zone] She: me too!

He and She tend to both be level 40, veterans of the game, and don't sidekick.
    It's a half a minute run with all the impact of "this never happened to me before' performance in the sack.

Knowing their levels as soon as they respond and just pretending I didn't hear them would save a lot of trouble.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guys, try and stay on topic.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The LFG channel exists. Sometimes people use it. How are you people finding anything else to say about this? :confused:
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How do they get around the 20hour chat ban for first character on silver?
    Where you can't even PM people unless they are on your friend list

THAT is something that needs removing, there is no logical reason to stop a new player from talking. They are the ones who need to ask questions the most.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    THAT is something that needs removing, there is no logical reason to stop a new player from talking.

Well the logical reason is to prevent people from spamming, and then trolling
    after they have been chat banned with an easily made new character and account.

Everyone suffers just in case a few people down the line might just be jerks.

They should remove the 'new users can't post in forums' rule, so that new users can come here for bug reports and looking for players to play with. I've never seen a "no post for new users" rule on a forum or maybe if I did I just didn't bother with whatever product the forum was supporting.

I'm sure that happens more often than people waiting days to be allowed to speak, asking a question, waiting a half a day to get an answer, then spending money here because that was a encouraging experience for them.