test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Grav bike mantis bound itself to me on zoning

iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
I have had a major hassle with a vehicle purchased off the Action House last week. A Vehicle I purchased to trade for a friend, was auto bound to me on zoning.

No warning prompt like normal such as "This item binds to account on equip, are you sure you want to equip it?"

A friend wanted it but could not afford it, and I could.. so agreed to buy it and trade it to them in exchange for a future gift. When we went to my hideout to trade, I discovered the grav bike mantis had dropped itself into an open device slot without prompting me or anything.

It's now been over a week with no response from Customer service, and this is unacceptable. What is the holdup on at least getting someone back to me?

I haven't even received the normal automated response, but perhaps those only happen from web support tickets rather than In-game ones.

Regardless, I expect to hear something soon, and I want this vehicle unbound.

GMs [if any exist] may direct themselves to ticket reference number 130930-000627

Original ticket datestamped at 09/30/2013 09:34 AM

My friend is awaiting their vehicle.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2013
    So, after a refined search, I managed to locate this older thread of a similar situation back in the CTP days.

And it took suppport over two months to reolve it for the player, which is a silly long amount of time. It seems they needed to find repro steps.

Allow me to circumvent that issue, here are the Repro steps;

1. Empty your device tray.

2. Acquire any bind to account on first equip vehicle, place it in your main bag.

3. Zone, such as to a Hideout.

4. Marvel, as the item has now magically moved itself into your device bar. No normal bind warning.

5? I have to admit, when I purchased the thing off the auction house.. it may have bound itself to me instantly. I can't remember if I looked now that it's nine or ten days later to see before zoning. I don't think it was in my device bar immediatly, but it may have been.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Over the course of 4+ years playing CO, I've had things auto-jump into an empty device slot a few times. Most of the time my device slots are FULL any ways. Occasionally they aren't. And, memory being what it is, I occasionally forget to have it full when I acquire something that would go in there.

I would feel confident in stating that Rune has a valid issue here.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This happened to me too with a Grav Chariot Centurion. By right clicking it from my account bank, it went right to my device tray instead of my inventory. Vehicles are defaulted to go into the device tray if it is empty first before going into inventory. Cryptic should change it to work like other devices. Unless of course this was intended.
  • Options
    okitsunegaokitsunega Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This happened to me too with a Grav Chariot Centurion. By right clicking it from my account bank, it went right to my device tray instead of my inventory. Vehicles are defaulted to go into the device tray if it is empty first before going into inventory. Cryptic should change it to work like other devices. Unless of course this was intended.

Highly unlikely that it would be intentional. No 'bind on equip' item should ever equip and bind itself automatically. It defeats the whole purpose of distinction between 'bind on equip' and 'bind on acquire'.

First equiping of such item should always be explicit, and with a prompt to confirm the binding. This holds to devices, consumables, equipment, mods, and any and all other types of items.

(link to sig)
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban (link) for keywords in all forms of chat
    pwebranflakes (link): this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum (link): I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My point was that some players won't go far enough to ask for it to be unbound because of the error and shell out more money for another.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    My point was that some players won't go far enough to ask for it to be unbound because of the error and shell out more money for another.
    Perhaps so, but I refuse to believe that would be an intentional design choice.

Much more likely that Vehicles set to go to open device slots like mission reward item is an oversight or error in coding/tagging, rather than a choice.