Level 6: Tireless
Level 9: Agile
Level 12: Mighty
Level 15: Impresario
Level 18: Relentless
Level 21: Paramilitary Training

Powers:
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Beatdown (Crippling Challenge, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 6: Mighty Kick
Level 8: Imbue
Level 11: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
Level 23: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 26: Form of the Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Superjump
Level 35:

Specializations:
Recovery: Withstand (2/2)
Recovery: Rapid Recovery (1/3)
Recovery: Staying Power (2/2)
Recovery: Super Charged (3/3)
Recovery: Second Wind (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Debilitating Challenge (1/2)
Protector: Defensive Expertise (2/3)
Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
Arbiter: Arbiter Aura (3/3)
Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
Arbiter: Preservation (2/2)
Arbiter: Enhanced Gear (1/3)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

I know that most people hate Rec but, its specializations seem pretty useful, especially in the support role. What do you think?
Post edited by dogman9921 on

Comments

• riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aura of Radiant Protection's AoE effect scales off from Pre, which you don't have in your build. Also imbue isn't a very great active offense, I'd suggest taking ascension, ice sheath, or both. You also seem to be building a tank/healer build, but do not have Crippling strikes nor a heal other skill. Ranking up forms is not worth it, but the advantage for that form is pretty decent for a healing build, so I'd suggest taking it. You also seem to lack an AoE, which is a pretty bad thing to not have with the large amount of grouped mobs. Recovery isn't a very great tree overall, you might like endurance better, it's similar to endurance but stronger overall. I'd suggest taking out the points from unrelenting and defensive expert and add the points to debilitating challenge and resolute. I hope this helps.
  • dogman9921dogman9921 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    riltmos wrote: »
    Aura of Radiant Protection's AoE effect scales off from Pre, which you don't have in your build. Also imbue isn't a very great active offense, I'd suggest taking ascension, ice sheath, or both. You also seem to be building a tank/healer build, but do not have Crippling strikes nor a heal other skill. Ranking up forms is not worth it, but the advantage for that form is pretty decent for a healing build, so I'd suggest taking it. You also seem to lack an AoE, which is a pretty bad thing to not have with the large amount of grouped mobs. Recovery isn't a very great tree overall, you might like endurance better, it's similar to endurance but stronger overall. I'd suggest taking out the points from unrelenting and defensive expert and add the points to debilitating challenge and resolute. I hope this helps.

Your right, the AOE effect scales off of Pres, but I didn't take the Aura to help out others although that aspect is nice. This build is neither a tank or a healer build.

You get 15% crit chance from keeping energy at 90% with the low energy cost of Beatdown you can keep that constantly, and spam Beatdown without ever using an energy builder. I take Bulwark to negate the -10% Constitution of the support role.

I also take Preservation from the Arbiter tree to counteract the increased % energy costs from Form of the Tempest. I take Form of the Tempest in order to gain a SS scaling buff.

Debilitating Challenge and Rend give 8% Damage Resistance Reduction. Combined with the Stagger from Beatdown it is 14% Damage Resistance Reduction.

I can see how Ice Sheath could be better than Imbue, although I'd have to see the effects for it first.

gradii wrote: »
    Nice. unconventional builds can be awesome sometimes, have you tested it yet?

on my ranged characters I often use Ego main with rec, but occasionally go rec or end main for massive energy.

Its working pretty well so far, once you start to get Bulwark you become a little more survivable. And once I get Preservation I'll get a little bit more damage as well.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice build, fairly different from the usual I see. May I suggest the following changes while keeping the spirit (I hope) of what you posted?

Flatter distribution of Talents to go with the Well-Rounded spec in the Recovery tree. This will result in overall higher energy and HP. This is at the expense of Staying Power whose effect is really minor.

I filled out your build switching the advantage points around and shuflling the order of some powers.
    -If you plan on using Beatdown a lot it is better to rank it up and leave the CChallenge on the lunge Mighty Leap.
    -Mighty Leap not only gives a snare to up the damage of Beatdown by 50% (the Blindside advantage), but is also one of the better triggers for MSA together with Conviction.
    -Dragon Kick is an AoE that takes advantage of your stacks of Focus. In this regard the advantage points in the Form are usually wasted since you will end up building stacks reasonably quickly.
    -Since you took Mighty Kick you might as well get the small defense buff from the stack of Defiant! it gives.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Brawn

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Recovery (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Hero
    Level 6: Jack of All Trades
    Level 9: Covert Ops Training
    Level 12: Martial Training
    Level 15: Paramilitary Training
    Level 18: Survival Training
    Level 21: Field Ops Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Beatdown (Rank 2, Blindside Blow)
    Level 6: Mighty Kick (Madness)
    Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mighty Leap (Crippling Challenge)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Form of the Tempest
    Level 20: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 23: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
    Level 32: Intensity
    Level 35: Retaliation
    Level 38: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Superjump (Rank 2, Rank 3, Rebounding Resilience)
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Recovery: Withstand (2/2)
    Recovery: Rapid Recovery (3/3)
    Recovery: Super Charged (3/3)
    Recovery: Well Rounded (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (1/3)
    Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)