test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion to Improve Aura of Arcane Clarity

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestions Box
Well considering how it's rendered almost useless, thought of buffing in some way, shape and form is needed, I read on the forums that in contrast to AoPM improving all Stats, how about AoAC boosts all other stats, Offense, Crit Change/Sev, Defense Dodge/Avoidence, something along the lines of at level 40.

Hybrid Role = Rank 1 = 5% Rank 2 = 10% Rank 3 = 15%,
Team affected = Rank 1 ~3%/6%/9%
Support role, Reverse numbers.

what do you think? along with what it does already, Dimishing returns to Multple AoAC present.
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Add Stealth Sight; there are currently only two powers dedicated to piercing Stealth (Command Animals and Circle of Primal Dominion). Goes well with "clarity" and may be an interesting option for PvP.
    Add Critical Hit, Critical Severity, Dodge, and Avoidance; these are more subtle effects that goes well with "clarity" and keeps AoAC's bonuses less direct than those from AoPM.

They could also fix the charge time reduction scaling on AoAC.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That can work to. :3
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Improve the Recharge Reduction of the power!

While all those other things would be nice, and if they added them, one might not feel the need for additional Recharge Reduction from the power, I personally would just like to see improved Recharge Reduction for Self.

I tested AoAC on PTS with my main to see how it would be for an alt. When I saw that the AoAC did nothing for me with the gear I have on my main, I was kinda meh on it. It gave no real Recharge Reduction, and someone who uses AoAC should be (imo) all about OMGWTFRECHARGEREDUCTION!!! O.O

Though I do like the idea of added Stealth Perception with it. :)
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was about to start the same thread!

Definitely a buff to charge reduction would be nice. It is a straight, albeit situational, increase to dps.

Also yeah stealth detection would be a nice touch.

Another idea is to give a reduced form of Energy Recovery. In Support Role you get Energy Recovery increased by 100%. Maybe cap that of AoAC to 30% at Rank 3?

edited March 2014
    Okay, New plan and it's relatively simple.

Increase Cost Discount/Cool-down Reduction Amount, (50%-100% more then it is now)
    Increase the benefit of Reduction on all Charging Powers,
    Give the User of Passive these innate traits-
    50% Perception,
    +50 Max End,
    Small Energy Regeneration,
    Done, What do you think now?

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    Okay, New plan and it's relatively simple.

Increase Cost Discount/Cool-down Reduction Amount, (50%-100% more then it is now)
    Increase the benefit of Reduction on all Charging Powers,
    Give the User of Passive these innate traits-
    50% Perception,
    +50 Max End,
    Small Energy Regeneration,
    Done, What do you think now?

Pretty good! I think the last two points of extra energy probably aren't quite the correct way to handle it. Yes, this will give the user enough energy to use high-intensity attacks, but in most cases aside from like FC spam, players won't need that extra energy. Unless there's some high-energy moves that offer a good boost to survivability and damage, it's not going to get used to its fullest.

My two cents on the aura is to make it more tactical, like a good counter to Rampage bosses. Something like a team resist root and speed boost, making it easier for melee characters to close in on their targets, and for all player to avoid big annoying AoE effects. This would be nice because it represents clarity of... movement? Who knows. I've been dicking around trying to make a time mage with this passive and hasting your team would be perfect for that sort of thing.

I personally like the idea of giving it defense penetration for the team. Added clarity gives those under its effects the insight to spot weak points on their enemies. This can be useful in allowing it to counter annoying tank enemies (the duratokclad duo) and generally making fights go faster. Of course it's not going to be anywhere near as strong as Ebon Destruction on this front.

Also would like to sort of explore the charge reduction of the passive. This is something that has the potential to reverse DPS curves on stuff like full-charge blasts/punches, because when you're firing out full-charge attacks at a faster rate, you might have a shot at getting near what other characters can do with their goofy taps. In theory, it seems like it's intended to make the usage of rapidly-laid down sigils and circles more viable. Right now, though, the charge reduction isn't that noticeable. Part of me also wants to see if reducing maintain times could also be done (hitting max damage on Lightining Arc sooner, getting Storm Invocation to go off sooner, etc.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited April 2014
    Your idea on speeding up attacks in general would make this an interesting and more literal passive, spiking damage faster, hitting faster, thus making your teammates fight harder, I like, and can be somewhat a Chronological Aura, I like, would make the current Aura substantially better.

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Part of me also wants to see if reducing maintain times could also be done (hitting max damage on Lightining Arc sooner, getting Storm Invocation to go off sooner, etc.)

Maintains are home to many of the most powerful moves in the game, though, so you'd have to be careful w/ that.

If they wanted to make that aspect of AoAC a more general dps increase, they could also make it affect activation times and tick times, but to a lesser amount.

I would probably axe the CDR aspect (game needs less, not more, CDR) and go w/ a more prominent charge time reduction bonus, a smaller activation/tick time reduction, keep some cost reduction, and add one other significant effect that's diff than the other auras (move-speed increase, crit/severity, defense pen, etc).

'Haste' isn't really a notable effect in CO, AoAC could change that.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • ilztasilztas Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll admit that I too would like to see something extra for Aura of Arcane Clarity, to balance it in comparison to the other auras' usefulness, 'cause I often felt like I wasn't making any difference, though I don't mind it too much in its current state, and I've had cases of a friend or two going "NOOOOOO" when I thought about changing away from it. Also, "Arcane Clarity" to me sounds synonymous with "mystical enlightenment", which might be half of why it's strangely become my favorite aura, aside from that most people don't bother with it and I must need to be the black sheep here or something...

I've currently got my Presence up to 712, 'cause I'm NUTS. I personally gain +35% cost/cooldown reduction and 23% faster charge speed, while my teammates gain +89% cost/cooldown reduction and 17% faster charge speed. The effectiveness of this is noticed even by people with really high Intelligence, or so my testing with people has shown. The charge speed bonus could be better, but I noticed that it's based on superstats in general, for both myself and others, so if I team up with someone using Aura of Primal Majesty, the charge speed bonus can jump somewhere between 20 and 25% I believe... though reaching into the 30's or 40's would be more preferrable, considering typical charge times.

...I'm particularly curious of working with someone using a super-powerful Primal Majesty aura, and another person who is using Night Warrior, which has its own charge speed bonus, also based on superstats in general like Arcane Clarity. Both charge speed bonuses together......

Back on track though, a few people've suggested that perhaps if nothing else, Aura of Arcane Clarity could gain the capability to give teammates stealth perception and/or minimap radius. The latter is less-used, but would be rather interesting for giving the user and possibly their teammates a sixth sense to detect nearby enemies, objects, and NPCs on the minimap. This effect is handy for cases where you're not sure which way to go. You could see where enemies still remain, and then it's obvious you haven't taken that path yet.

...I might have to fix up a gear for that myself...
  • beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ilztas wrote: »

Back on track though, a few people've suggested that perhaps if nothing else, Aura of Arcane Clarity could gain the capability to give teammates stealth perception and/or minimap radius. The latter is less-used, but would be rather interesting for giving the user and possibly their teammates a sixth sense to detect nearby enemies, objects, and NPCs on the minimap. This effect is handy for cases where you're not sure which way to go. You could see where enemies still remain, and then it's obvious you haven't taken that path yet.

I think more perception be added along with more of a charge time decrease and maybe a small amount of inscreased hold strength or defense penetration. I like the way this aura works and don't want its effects completely changed, but I would like it to be as effective as the other auras.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]