test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, do we expect Auras to appear this year?

sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I've mostly been away and was thinking of picking CO up again but i have some tech builds that look stupid with the AOPM FX. I put them on the shelf until auras get released months ago and now the year is wrapping up.:frown:

I welcome dev input or player speculation.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
Post edited by sigmaseven0 on

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Last I heard, which was a couple weeks ago, auras are still planned for 2013.
    biffsig.jpg
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Biff is correct:
    4) Auras are on the 2013 schedule.
    but i have some tech builds that look stupid with the AOPM FX.

Bind /movementreset to any key.

Then press that key every time you enter a new instance to disable ALL FX on your character.

Inter Instance
    Press Key
    Use ANY power(tap block/activate tp/etc.)
    Enjoy AoPM without the FX.

PS: You can also use /movement reset to keep FX Aura's on your character from powers like Ice Sheath/Immolation/Etc. permanently. As long as you don't activate ANY other powers(also turn off all toggles excluding travel powers.)
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Last I heard, which was a couple weeks ago, auras are still planned for 2013.
    Good to know.

Then press that key every time you enter a new instance to disable ALL FX on your character.

Inter Instance
    Press Key

PS: You can also use /movement reset to keep FX Aura's on your character from powers like Ice Sheath/Immolation/Etc. permanently. As long as you don't activate ANY other powers(also turn off all toggles excluding travel powers.)
    I will look into this too. Thanks

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Biffsmackwell and Flamingbunnyman already beat me to it, but yes it's still on the list for 2013 as thing they've planned to do.

Now whether or not they actually DO IT is another matter, and one none of your fellow players can answer. Heck even the devs might not be able to guarantee anything.
    I have some tech builds that look stupid with the AOPM FX.

I don't have any tech builds with AoPM, that's be breaking the visual theme which goes against my theme building (build for max power around one or two focal active-use powers, yet with the restriction of that I must stay within a visual theme; i.e.: no demons using ninja weapons, pistols, and Ascension as it would look like a mutt build and totally inconsistent with visual themes with what the character is)

That said, I've NEVER actually like how AoPM looks. My main character has it, and I've gotten used to ignoring how hideous AoPM actually is, but it's definitely a reason why I refuse to have any of my other characters using AoPM. It's just bad looking.

Inter Instance
    Press Key

That... Is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing this workaround!

That said, I'd much MUCH prefer it as a form of something that we can actually aquire officially rather than a glitchy workaround.

Again, I have long hated the "rune alphabet soup" spewing from AoPM and how large it's FX sprites are on female characters (same thing could be said about AoAC and AoED too). It would be much more preferable for me to replace AoPM's appearance with say how Kinetic Manipulation works.

:smile:
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013
    Yep, still planning on 2013.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Bam. TT answered it so that should be enough for us.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Bam. TT answered it so that should be enough for us.

Nope I still want them last week U_U"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Nope I still want them last week U_U"
    Nepht needs a Time-Traveling Delorean.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I absolutely LOVE the AoPM aura on REPAIRMAN THE DANK KNIGHT. Severe case of BO.:biggrin:

Otherwise, I'd prefer it OFF on my other AoPM character.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nepht needs a Time-Traveling Delorean.

Or a doctor.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    Caliga needs his Sparkly crown thingie aura! :biggrin:

admit it Caliga, its what you always wanted! xD

4oh.jpg
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I must say a "null" aura would be an excellent aura for many toons. It would simply cancel other vfx applied to a toon's model without a workaround.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The "aura" overriding the character "looks" when using Electric form is why my characters have swapped over to Stormbringer instead.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    edited October 2013
    warcanch wrote: »
    The "aura" overriding the character "looks" when using Electric form is why my characters have swapped over to Stormbringer instead.

You can use the movementreset command to override that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2013
    I must say a "null" aura would be an excellent aura for many toons. It would simply cancel other vfx applied to a toon's model without a workaround.
    ^This. I really dislike all those graphic FX always covering my toons costumes.
    I'd love to get rid of it forever.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013

So we might get Costume Auras before New Year? Christmas Gift? :eek:
    warcanch wrote: »

I agree
    Electric Form, Fiery Form, Shadow Form (Ice Form not so much as I recently found out) Ruins the character appearence BADLY! (well that's a waste of time in Tailor)

and consider Electric Form is currently the only passive which boost Laser Sword... arg... forget it, I prefer having that character with a DEF passive rather than this Electro Mess :mad:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If the auras can change the colors of the powers, I'll gladly equip one.
    edited October 2013
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    If the auras can change the colors of the powers, I'll gladly equip one.

That would be REALLY AWESOME for Silver Players like Myself :)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope when they do come out, they do with a bang. No waiting to release them out in phases and just give us the good stuff. They can develop more phases when it does well.

Though some previews would be nice. Anything, really.
    edited October 2013
    ^This. I really dislike all those graphic FX always covering my toons costumes.
    I'd love to get rid of it forever.

Same here. I've made the same suggestion lots of times. I straight up don't use some passives because they wreck the look of a character.
    biffsig.jpg
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    avianos wrote: »

and consider Electric Form is currently the only passive which boost Laser Sword... arg... forget it, I prefer having that character with a DEF passive rather than this Electro Mess :mad:

Kinda off topic but I think they added a new passive specifically for laser sword when they released those new laser sword powers during Fatal Err0r.

Quantum Stabilizer I think it's called, not sure what exactly it does.

anyhow back to auras, I hope they have one that looks like Fire Form, alwyas bugged me that I can't make a Human Torch style toon that's always on fire, barring use of fire flight of course.
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here. I've made the same suggestion lots of times. I straight up don't use some passives because they wreck the look of a character.

^EXACTLY this. I literally JUST made a new Ranged Damage Electric toon. I had the choice between taking Electric Form or Quarry. Even though Electric Form is better for DPS I went ahead and took Quarry, JUST BECAUSE of Electric Form being such a HEAVY "IMO Bad Looking" Aura FX.

I wonder how many other Offensive Builds take Quarry for the same reason. Maybe it had nothing to do with Dodge all along.:tongue:

I also hope that one day they'll allow us to turn off the visual FX on Passive Powers, and I also hope that some of the New Aura's are "TONED DOWN" versions of FX like Fire Form and Electric Form.
    edited October 2013
    Or maybe aura sliders added to the tailor along with the aura tab.
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    did you know its possible to make a character who looks GOOD with electric form? :biggrin:

but you're right, it does look kinda bad on many toons.

Personally, it's not that I don't like the effects. I think Ice Form looks awesome. But I don't spend time on a costume just to look at a bunch of glowy effects all over me.
    biffsig.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I expect auras to appear this year. And I expect you all to giggle like excited school girls when they do.
    edited October 2013
    ...What if one of the costume sets involve auras?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013

I asked LordGar about this one -- I agree, there are some FX that I don't much want to see, especially when I'm taking screenshots.

Unfortunately, this isn't likely to happen. LordGar thought about it a little, but couldn't come up with a way for FX to nullify all other FX completely, since FX can stack. Sorry guys, but null Auras probably won't happen. :frown:
    edited October 2013
    I asked LordGar about this one -- I agree, there are some FX that I don't much want to see, especially when I'm taking screenshots.

Unfortunately, this isn't likely to happen. LordGar thought about it a little, but couldn't come up with a way for FX to nullify all other FX completely, since FX can stack. Sorry guys, but null Auras probably won't happen. :frown:

What about an aura that only turns off the effect of your passive? At the very least, this would help the most.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Well, there is the /movementreset workaround, at least.

i have the command bound to a key, myself.

edited October 2013

There is really only ONE work around that works without having to use commands. The devs adding drop downs to passives. Its something they should have implemented from the start.
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is really only ONE work around that works without having to use commands. The devs adding drop downs to passives. Its something they should have implemented from the start.

^SECONDED!

This is something that always ends up getting requested over and over and over and over and.... well you get the point. Can we try to get this taken care of finally? We just want a way to turn off the FX on Passives. That's the biggie.

If you can do it for ALL powers that come with FX Aura's then even better.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I WOULD LOVE THIS, ADD IT CRYPTIC NORTH! :biggrin:
    edited October 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    Kinda off topic but I think they added a new passive specifically for laser sword when they released those new laser sword powers during Fatal Err0r.

Quantum Stabilizer I think it's called, not sure what exactly it does.

anyhow back to auras, I hope they have one that looks like Fire Form, alwyas bugged me that I can't make a Human Torch style toon that's always on fire, barring use of fire flight of course.

Quantum Instability is NOT available ingame and apparently was Forgotten by the DEVs

So Electric Form is the ONLY Horrible Visual passive right now which boost Laser Swords

Yeap, not going to make that Laser Sword character any time soon