test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wanna see what the original destroid invasion looked like?

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I've been trying to track video down from this thing for a bit, and finally stumbled on some on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFHif7KUOsk

Tell me that's not a bit... Better. Also, LOOK AT RENCEN. I forgot how much it changed over the years.

Nostalgia thread? anyone got any pics or video of how it used to be? like the power house?

staronchest_powerhouse.jpg
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And that's not even the 1st PH....
    Gawd i hate that i accidentally deleted all the pics from the Early Access Event and stuff...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The grass did have more detail back then. I knew it!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I honestly miss that Powerhouse in some ways.

I do like the additions made to the Powerhouse like the Theater, a Tailor, the Arenas. What I don't like is how we have 100 people crushing and pushing around each other trying to get to the trainers. I especially hate it when somebody pushes me just far enough away to make my conversation with the trainer end.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, Ren-Cen looked much better.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've got a couple.

The original raptor mount! Back when females didn't have to sit sidesaddle
    RaptorMountSig.jpg

Back when it was possible to kite Teleiosaurus to the jet in MI:
    screenshot_2010-08-22-15-06-05.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You then have to wonder..why this cannot be brought back for us again...Ren Cen looked a lot more appealing IMO back then.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You then have to wonder..why this cannot be brought back for us again...Ren Cen looked a lot more appealing IMO back then.

I think it's just a "grass is greener on the other side" kind of thing (nevermind the grass looking better back then! :P). After a while you'd be bored of boring old powerhouse-in-the-middle Renaissance Center and wish for the multiple tailors under the awning thing to be back.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I think it's just a "grass is greener on the other side" kind of thing (nevermind the grass looking better back then! :P). After a while you'd be bored of boring old powerhouse-in-the-middle Renaissance Center and wish for the multiple tailors under the awning thing to be back.

/em Rearrange_RenCen ? :biggrin:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been trying to track video down from this thing for a bit, and finally stumbled on some on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFHif7KUOsk

Tell me that's not a bit... Better. Also, LOOK AT RENCEN. I forgot how much it changed over the years.

Nostalgia thread? anyone got any pics or video of how it used to be? like the power house?

staronchest_powerhouse.jpg

Oh wow , first time Ive had a look at what ren cen was like pre 2011. Awesome.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Oh wow , first time Ive had a look at what ren cen was like pre 2011. Awesome.

I think you can still access this PH in game. Vibora Bay GRAB alerts the mall one, after the mission you can go to the PH there.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think you can still access this PH in game. Vibora Bay GRAB alerts the mall one, after the mission you can go to the PH there.

Vibora Bay has an old powerhouse, yes.

I wish the Mega D event would be city-wide, or at least include RenCenter. Semi-random spawns around the city would be great, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They would do the city wide thing, but they don't want into the chance of excluding newbies from playing the game by running into impossible mobs while playing zone content.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think there's compleatly different reason behind that....

Since hey, newbies are running into impossible mobs while current Destroid Invasion is on....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One could have Mega D's avoid the intro part of West Side, or have a script such that characters below a certain level will not trigger aggro unless they attack.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They'll still get hit by the huge Boom attack the Mega-D's use.

My suggestion is that they make a different instance altogether, with toppled buildings and all the Champion npcs helping the fight against Mega-D.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2013

On one of my low level toons I've never done anything with (except the tutorial), when I log on, it shows up in the old powerhouse. I can never bring myself to remove it from there.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The end of beta event is what I think of when it comes to the destroid invasion. I remember there being far more giant robots in Ren Center though. I'm pretty sure I logged in only to be slaughtered an instant later.

I say, unleash hoards of Mega Destroid bots all across MC, never mind the low levels. Being stomped on never hurt anyone. Much.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh yeah? Well, I have an oldie for you. Here's a picture of CO back during beta.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mahule9jphafob0/OldCOBeta.jpg

Notice the power choices box - back then, you only could have 7 powers at one time (plus a passive and block). That's how CO was originally designed. You used the Build system to switch between the rest of them (instead of it being a complete waste of time like it is nowadays).

I may have pictures of the old old PH somewhere. I need to look.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone have any screenshots of the cryptonauts?