Options

Anniversary Lockbox - VTOL Vehicle

13»

Comments

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    lockbox contents would have to dramatically change for that to be a viable option.

The DCUO lockboxes can drop anything in the market, plus boa gear, aura pieces (which get added to a costume list), and they occasionally place seasonal items within, and they still get the monthly 500 sc, so I don't see why the contents would have to change.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't get the complaints about lockboxes. There is not one single item in them that is necessary to successfully play the game. In fact you can solo from 1-40 using only the gear that drops from normal play. I know it's true because I've done it.

While this game is fun for us - we can't forget it's a business with employees. Those employees need to eat, pay bills, and feed families. This isn't done with fairy-dust and good wishes. If lockboxes have been profitable enough to keep CO alive - then I have no problems with them. I don't personally use them or enjoy them - but others do. And those others are keeping a game I enjoy alive.

While I understand concerns about F2P people - I've never seen a game that gives away as much for free as this one does. I don't think we're in danger of lockboxes being completely free to subscribers. From the sound of it - they are way too profitable. My hope is that the profits from keys and boxes is enough to earn us some development love from PWE.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    because thats DCUO. this is CO. the gap between paying players and non paying must be significant, but when it grows too large thats when people start leaving. (ftp players). CO NEEDS its population, we've lost too many people already.

I don't think we are in any danger of a gap forming in CO. The only thing that Silvers don't have are Freeform, a stipend, and the ability to customize power colors, and now freeform slots can be bought, albeit at a hefty price and it can't be used on an existing character.

The goal should be to encourage players to sub, thus giving Cryptic a more stable income.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    riverocean wrote: »
    I don't get the complaints about lockboxes. There is not one single item in them that is necessary to successfully play the game. In fact you can solo from 1-40 using only the gear that drops from normal play. I know it's true because I've done it.

The complaint isn't lockboxes. The complaint is LOCKBOX EVERYTHING AND LOCKBOXES ONLY. I like chocolate, but I don't want to have to eat through a chocolate shell to get into a bottle of water or a pork chop.
    While this game is fun for us - we can't forget it's a business with employees. Those employees need to eat, pay bills, and feed families. This isn't done with fairy-dust and good wishes. If lockboxes have been profitable enough to keep CO alive - then I have no problems with them. I don't personally use them or enjoy them - but others do. And those others are keeping a game I enjoy alive.

Stop.

Yes, it's a business. And this business is accountable for its actions. So, while you're reminding us that we're forgetting that this is a business allow me to remind you that we aren't a charity cause hurling money at their employees out of pity and mercy. They want money? Earn it. I'm not going to give them money because I care about their families. If they want more money to feed their families, they will make better business decisions. If they want to keep making that money, they'll add something other than lockboxes.
    While I understand concerns about F2P people - I've never seen a game that gives away as much for free as this one does. I don't think we're in danger of lockboxes being completely free to subscribers. From the sound of it - they are way too profitable. My hope is that the profits from keys and boxes is enough to earn us some development love from PWE.

This game doesn't give away as much as you think. Not in comparison to what you pay for. Yes, it does give away a lot of good stuff.

Now, as far as your little hope? I hope it has insurance, because it'll die soon enough.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually, chocolate powder makes a good rub for pork chops... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!