test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any RP SG that doesn't require an application?

thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
I'm a long time player who's been around since head start weekend and I'm looking to get in to a new RP SG but I don't want to have to fill out an application. Seriously, it's a guild in a game, not a job. Also, don't want a heavy RP SG because I don't want to feel completely lost if I decided to spend some time in the real world. Any groups out there fit?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Applications are useful for preventing trolls and scum from ruining the guild. A guild that cares about stability and having fun is going to have some sort of requirements or interview. I was in a guild where the leader had no standards and invited anyone. That was not fun.

Otherwise, I don't know of any place that would meet those requirements. Not one I would recommend, anyway.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sterga wrote: »
    applications Are Useful For Preventing Trolls And Scum From Ruining The Guild. A Guild That Cares About Stability And Having Fun Is Going To Have Some Sort Of Requirements Or Interview. I Was In A Guild Where The Leader Had No Standards And Invited Anyone. That Was Not Fun.

Otherwise, I Don't Know Of Any Place That Would Meet Those Requirements. Not One I Would Recommend, Anyway.

Exactly!

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 to what Ares said.

He and a couple of friends of ours run one of the older RPSGs, we've tried no app and had extensive IC interviews instead and that had mixed results and wasted a lot of leader/officer time..

Frankly, and I don't mean to sound rude. But if filling out an app is too much work, then a Heavy RP SG is probably not for you.

That said, I know it's a pain, especially if you've tried more than once; since none of us have a standard application.

I sympathize.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well the OP did say he didn't want a Heavy RP SG, he was rude about it too.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maticz!

Hey buddy, I know you, and I know you're good people too. I have an admissions process and an application for the Silver age Sentinels, which you may recall is the original [and still finest] light role-playing guild in Champions Online!

And for you, who I already know, I can make an exception, of sorts. I'll send you an email in game in case you don't get back to this thread right away, but if you want it, you can have a home with us in the Sentinels.

For what it's worth, I also tend to be really picky about membership, which is the reason the SAS has done as well as we have. Great membership = great guild, and just admitting anyone that asks, sight unseen is a recipe for disaster. Nearly brought my Young Sentinels sub-faction into a major problem once.

Gotta agree with what everyone is posting above, and like Gerberatetra said I also sympathize. Went through that rigamarole myself a few times back in my CoH days.

Silver Age Sentinels 'Casual player focus and lighter role-playing style' was something I put together intentionally as a response to the most negative aspects of the heavy RP scene and processes I experienced myself, in that other games community years ago.
  • wirebrainwirebrain Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think a better issue, and what scares me away from most groups, is that the application is horrifically abused to where it asks questions as if it was a job.

No, you don't need to ask me how many games do I play or which ones.

No, you do not need to know my real occupation.

No, I am not a cop.

No, all you need is my handle, my character, what his/her deal, a small little bio and maybe what hours do you expect to find me on the game.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wirebrain wrote: »
    I think a better issue, and what scares me away from most groups, is that the application is horrifically abused to where it asks questions as if it was a job.

No, you don't need to ask me how many games do I play or which ones.

No, you do not need to know my real occupation.

No, I am not a cop.

No, all you need is my handle, my character, what his/her deal, a small little bio and maybe what hours do you expect to find me on the game.

But we need to know if you can make cookies!!!

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • wirebrainwirebrain Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But we need to know if you can make cookies!!!

Well I can make a pretty mean triple chocola.. hey! You almost got me there.