test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Q-Verse of @epelesker

epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
These three characters below are those I've played and RPed somewhat regularly during my involvement with Champions Online. Sort of putting this out there as a retrospective of my 1st year anniversary of subscription.

Atomac
The son of a scientist working on a handheld quantum ray device. Attending an unveiling ceremony of the prototype design, he was given a non-working model of the device to hold for a photo opportunity-- if it weren't for the fact that it was accidentally (?) switched around with the real thing! When his finger caught the on switch, he was briefly bombarded with energy, which he later discovered gave him various superpowers!
Growth and shrinking, quantum energy manipulation, enhanced strength

atomacminiturized_zps39b58c83.png

----

Wheelman
A hapless civilan caught in the middle of the 2009 Qularr invasion, Rodney Duelleck only wanted to "borrow" the rubber suit he found in the basement of his workplace to protect himself as he escaped from the City. Instead, he was mistaken as a superhero: surprisingly, the man rose to the occasion to protect fellow citizens from pursuing aliens, taking several blasts from their advanced weaponry. The emitted energy caused a reaction that bonded Rodney's suit to his very molecular structure.
Enhanced durability and flexibility, momentum manipulation

wheelmanextend_zpsd8214453.png

----

Sludd
Sullivan Cleaner developed empatic abilities at a young age, causing concern for his parents who believed his resulting emotional sensitivity were symptoms of depression. On the suggestion of Ezekiel Morse, a psychologist attracted to his case, the family moved to Millennium City. The doctor, himself a powerful mentalist, had further plans in store for the Cleaners: including mind-controlling Sullivan's mother and father and attempting to take over the child's body himself! In the ensuing trauma, the boy's mind left his body as he cried in his townhouse bathroom... eventually making its way to the sewer system.
Empathy, garbage physiology, telepathy, waste control

sluddemerging2b_zpse9a75a40.png
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
Post edited by epelesker on

Comments

• Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wonderful heroes, I am quite a fan of the work you've done with Atomac, great bio and costume!! =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    bughousebughouse Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like all three, but love Atomac. Also, the picture setup for Sludd is awesome!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the comments so far!

Atomac is, for all intents and purposes, my first main in CO: his "birthday" is actually coming up on Saturday. He does have a civvie identity, by the way, but I don't think I ever settled on his last name...

As for Sludd's image, I cheated and edited the image in GIMP to make it look how it does. :P
    ----
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    epelesker wrote: »
    sluddemerging2b_zpse9a75a40.png

I really, really liked this It's a one-panel comic, complete in and of itself.

Very cool stuff. Happy anniversary!
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In the screenshot with Atomac, is the background done from Demorecord? I swear I've seen another screen around these forums in that type of environment but have never seen it in game.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    benevon wrote: »
    In the screenshot with Atomac, is the background done from Demorecord? I swear I've seen another screen around these forums in that type of environment but have never seen it in game.

That's the sewer from the mission in City Center where you beat up Poe again. He's got a neat sewer environment that I don't believe is used at any other point, which stinks. (Ha, pun.)
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's the sewer from the mission in City Center where you beat up Poe again. He's got a neat sewer environment that I don't believe is used at any other point, which stinks. (Ha, pun.)

Ahhh. I guess I never ran that mission post-On Alert. I end up skipping a lot of the interior missions.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    W-wait! Rugby asked for Atomac's screenshot!

In which case it's set inside the mission instance of Cazulon vs. Miniature Hero, which you get can get as part of a rotating set of daily UNITY missions.

Another fun fact: Atomac's actually under the effect of the Super Magnifier in that screen. (The graphics quality is also better than the other two because it *was* taken on a better rig than the one I play on at home, usually.)

But fudgemonsta is right in referring to Sludd's location: in fact I'm probably not going to complete the Poe mission so I have access to it as a RP venue.
    ----
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Poltermask
    Something I've been working on fleshing out recently, and still a major work in progress.

pltrmsk_zps581b8cb0.png
    ----