test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary, indeed!

epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Today happens to mark one year since I decided to boot up Champions Online for the first time.
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
Post edited by epelesker on

Comments

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Happy Anniversary! In All the Ways!
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Many happy returns (whatever that means).
    Ahh reminds me of the time I got Army of One perk for the first time just prior to a celebration.
    sigh i was so pleased with myself
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did somebody say "birthday"?
    Mariachi-Song.jpg
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I first started, the third or fourth day- Blood Moon. I kinda freaked out, I thought I made a bad choice or something around the Valerian Scarlet story and the game was changing based on that.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I first started, the third or fourth day- Blood Moon. I kinda freaked out, I thought I made a bad choice or something around the Valerian Scarlet story and the game was changing based on that.

Haha, that's awesome.

When I first played WoW, it was during the first scourge event. I wondered why it was all dark and foggy all the time in the starting area. Seemed weird. A few days later, there was sunshine all over the place. I was so confused.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only thing that would make this anniversary better would be a sale on costumes. :)
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I was so freaked out by some of the stuff in CO, when I was first playing it. Aftershock scared me to death. I still hate parts of Aftershock. (Whiteout's music was worse first time round though)

I think the worst offender in CO when I first started was the VB Apoc...damn I think I cried or something, I genuinely thought (before I was told about Juryrig) that I had singlehandedly killed off the main NPCs in CO because I was standing in the line of fire.

I also had a hard time accepting that Fire Powers worked in an all water zone like Lemuria and was a bit confused when I read the tip which said: "Fire Form will allow you to absorb fire attacks without taking any damage." And then duelling another Inferno and wondering if my passive was broken >_>!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Haha, that's awesome.

When I first played WoW, it was during the first scourge event. I wondered why it was all dark and foggy all the time in the starting area. Seemed weird. A few days later, there was sunshine all over the place. I was so confused.

We should have something like that during blood moon... zone wide Zombie Apocalypse! >:D
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    foxyperson wrote: »
    The only thing that would make this anniversary better would be a sale on costumes. :)

Personally I think that offering a new, anniversary-themed costume set would have been much better.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They are saving the good stuff for the 5th year Anniversary.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    They are saving the good stuff for the ?th year Anniversary.

Make sure you edit this every year.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They are saving the good stuff for the 5th year Anniversary.

'Tech issues' will create problems though for that new stuff (like the tech issues that prevented NWO founders from getting any thing good when all the other PW games got something), so instead they will settle with giving us a lockbox and a cake with 5 candles.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    when all the other PW games got something

The famous 'List', where CO wasn't even mentioned.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The famous 'List', where CO wasn't even mentioned.
    :rolleyes:

That's the one, then later we were told that they had some surprise that they couldn't tell us about. But they might not be able to get it into the game because of these some tech issues, which seems to be a reoccurring problem for why we can't get a lot of things. So they would try to get this secret surprise into the game at a later time in some fashion.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh yeah, the "tech issues". It technically means lack of resources, people and money. It's been reoccuring for years.
    And the 'secret surprise' is so secret that even they don't know what it is, until it's released.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2013
    Happy anniversary, epelesker!
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you very much~
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    (Whiteout's music was worse first time round though)

A couple nights ago, I watched the movie John Carpenter's The Thing with my son, who also plays CO. While watching I recognized the music, and pointed it out. We finished the movie commenting every time on how CO had this or that.

Always fun to find more culture references in CO.
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    We should have something like that during blood moon... zone wide Zombie Apocalypse! >:D

Oh, how I miss the CoH Zombie Apocalypse! Blood moon is but a small taste of that chaos smorgasbord!

Kill the zombies, and more appear.
    Kill enough, and zombie villains appear with the regular zombies.
    Kill enough zombies and zombie villains, and zombie Master Villains appear.
    Keep killing until you can't believe how many there are... then admire the HUGE pile of zombie bodies you've made with your favorite AoE.

We could sometimes get over a full level just off one thriving zombie attack.

And then someone with a Michael Jackson toon would summon his zombie pets, and they'd do synchronized moonwalking while we sorted out loot.

Good times!