test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xtreme Team Support

falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Builds and Roles
(Disclaimer: Retcon only build. Yes, I did have fun writing this up. And no, the commentary isn't meant to be taken seriously, only the reasoning behind the choices. For best reading, whenever Xtreme shows up read with a deep growly voice.)

Not satisfied with dps or tank hybrid support characters? Do you want to turn your squishy teammates into super beefy tanks? HAVE I GOT A BUILD FOR YOU!!! It's Xtreme! It's team support! IT'S XTREME TEAM SUPPORT!

Build Link: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=6&n=&d=1634CMOSPTZ6310O000O407N303J503J401LB033C03EM03JE00AI0049033F03JB007G000a602t9c0iiZ

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary) - Pre because healing is good!

Level 10: Constitution (Secondary) - Con because dying sucks!

Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary) - Int because you need Xtreme energy!

Talents:
Level 1: Arcanus
Level 6: Healthy Mind
Level 9: Shrug It Off
Level 12: Diplomatic
Level 15: Quick Recovery
Level 18: Negotiator
Level 21: Prodigy
Blah, blah, specs that boost super stats and a bit of extra Rec for more Xtreme energy!

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts - Every Xtreme build needs an energy builder, even if it's not used often!

Level 1: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3, Runic Glow) - Give your teammates Xtreme resistances! Recommend Xtreme Pre stat (400+) for the best effect.

Level 6: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2, Rank 3) - Mobs dealing too much damage? Drop these puppies and laugh as their attacks suffer from Xtreme impotence! Also assists in breaking the 10 stack limit on Redirected Force.

Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3) - Xtreme self healing!

Level 11: Iniquity (Rank 2) - Xtreme healing for others!

Level 14: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2, Rank 3) - Xtreme energy because you'll need it to fuel Redirected Force even while in Support role!

Level 17: Redirected Force (Rank 2, Rank 3) - AoRP is good, but alone it's not Xtreme! Add in Redirected Force and you've almost got Xtreme levels of protection!

Level 20: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3) - Xtreme PBAoE stun! Procs Wither (10% resist debuff) and Sentinel Mastery (%hp based healing) for Xtreme support even if the mob is not controllable!

Level 23: Ascension - Getting stunned sucks! Break out with Ascension and heal your team to boot! Xtreme!

Level 26: Masterful Dodge - Xtreme dodge and avoidance buff for those times when the crap hits the fan!

Level 29: Dust Devil (Rank 2, Rank 3) - What's this? Dust Devil sucks you say? Well no more! Fire and forget this puppy for AoE procs of Sentinel Mastery for yourself. Xtreme boosting from Redirected Force too! Also procs MSA!

Level 32: Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3) - Because AoRP and Redirected Force just aren't enough. Protect your team and yourself even more!

Level 35: Molecular Self-Assembly - Xtreme energy gains whenever a power comes off cooldown!

Level 38: Redemption - Get your teammates back on their feet when they're dumb enough to get more than 40 feet from you!

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3) - Xtreme backflips without looking like a sissy ninja! High in-combat movement speed so you can setup and get to supporting quickly!

Level 35: Flight

Specializations:
Presence: Repurpose (3/3) - Make that Offense stat work double time! (note: only Offense directly from items count)

Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2) - Xtreme self healing for healing others! Self damage from Iniquity? No problem!

Presence: Grandeur (3/3) - Pre now gives Offense! This is important for later in the spec tree!

Presence: Force of Will (2/2) - Xtreme defense buff based on secondary super stats!

Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3) - Because sometimes you need to be the nice guy and heal others more than you.

Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3) - Xtreme passive healing! More passive healing means more Redirected Force uptime for Xtreme Protection!

Sentinel: Wither (2/2) - Part 1 of Xtreme Support when you use TK Maelstrom. Make those enemies' armor wither!

Sentinel: Genesis (2/2) - Xtreme cost reduction for heals and CC because everything else is crits and you won't be critting!

Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2) - Make that Offense into some Defense! Xtreme self protection!

Vindicator: Initiative (2/2) - Xtreme energy builder buff to make enemy resists lower!

Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3) - Heal on kill because the only thing needed from this tree is Aggressive Stance and all the good stuff is crit based!

Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2) - Xtreme Offense buffing for more Defense!

Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2) - Yeah...

Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1) - Part 2 of Xtreme Support when using TK Maelstrom! Enemies heal allies when hit, up to 2% of max hp per second!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by falchoin on

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Love the commentary! I have no actual experience with a support character so I can't give any practical feedback, but I did want to chime in anyway since it was a fun read.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Love the commentary! I have no actual experience with a support character so I can't give any practical feedback, but I did want to chime in anyway since it was a fun read.

Glad you liked it.

As far as effectiveness goes, the character I was testing with had 78 Con (6167 health @ 40), 187 Int, 493 Pre, 249.2 offense (33% dmg str), and 167 defense (39% resist). AoRP gave 61% resist to self and 107% resist to the team. Redirected Force is another 20% resist in a separate layer from other resist bonuses, which can be maintained indefinitely in combat with the Arcane Circle + Support role. IDF subracts 131 (to a minimum of 1) after resists and dodge are accounted for.

Because real numbers are better than trying to make sense of stats:
    Mega-Destroid deals 1124 (3095) Particle Damage to Your Ebon Sigil with Destroyer Blast. <- AoRP + Redirected Force + IDF. Player teammates can expect roughly this amount of damage reduction, if not slightly more since they'll have at least around 18-20% base resistances from gear.

Mega-Destroid deals 1331 (3026) Particle Damage to Your Hatchling with Destroyer Blast. <- AoRP + IDF. Slightly less base damage than above yet it's 200 points more damage taken.

Mega-Destroid deals 12 (269) Particle Damage to Your Hatchling with Giant Eye Lasers. <- All three buffs active again, though it's mainly IDF at work negating smaller hits.

For maximum Redirected Force uptime I would use TK Maelstrom then Dust Devil, repeating that combo only when TK Maelstrom came off cooldown which was about every 6 seconds (if you wanna get really tricky you can swap the order after the first TK Maelstrom for more Dust Devils, yes they do stack). It's important to use both as TK Maelstrom with Sentinel Mastery and the AoE DoT from Dust Devil gives you (and your team so long as they're hitting Sentinel Mastery debuffed targets too) a lot of passive healing so you can focus on maintaining Redirected Force for longer periods of time before needing to heal.

One other note, don't get hung up trying to maintain the Redirected Force damage buff stacks. The stacks will come quickly when fighting groups of enemies and when fighting bosses it's nearly impossible to maintain stacks as bosses generally don't attack fast enough and you'll likely have your hands full buffing/debuffing/healing anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]