test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For 'The Secret World' players

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
To any one who loves to do art work for their characters, the game 'The Secret World', is having a contest to design an outfit for the game. I personally submit one based on my hero Wraith Shadow. Frankly it looks terrible since i can't draw for crap, but it was still fun. Feel free to toss on any suggestions or entries there as well.

This is the kind of thing i wouldn't mind seeing here on Champions every now and then.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=73243

My post is number nine.... and yes, i know i can't draw thank you very much...

If you post entries there, please please please post them here as well, lets see if we can get something like this going for Champions!
Post edited by wraithshadow13 on

Comments

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    ... lets see if we can get something like this going for Champions!

Cool though this is, given that we have fairly limited resources for Champs, I'm not really comfortable running an event like this. We still have some design-some-content contests that we haven't fulfilled yet, so I don't want to commit the dev team to working on those. :frown:
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To any one who loves to do art work for their characters, the game 'The Secret World', is having a contest to design an outfit for the game. I personally submit one based on my hero Wraith Shadow. Frankly it looks terrible since i can't draw for crap, but it was still fun. Feel free to toss on any suggestions or entries there as well.

This is the kind of thing i wouldn't mind seeing here on Champions every now and then.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=73243

My post is number nine.... and yes, i know i can't draw thank you very much...

If you post entries there, please please please post them here as well, lets see if we can get something like this going for Champions!

Awesome! I will def submit some art. Should/Could/Would be great for Champs.
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool though this is, given that we have fairly limited resources for Champs, I'm not really comfortable running an event like this. We still have some design-some-content contests that we haven't fulfilled yet, so I don't want to commit the dev team to working on those. :frown:

Hey TT, I actually had a thought for another "Design a Costume For" Contest. Pretty much like the one we just had for Mr. Gar.

I don't know how many Nemesis Alerts you have experienced, but OMG are the Generic Nemesis stand-ins something horrible to look at. I wanna weep in a corner every time I see them.:redface:

So how about holding an Official Design Generic Villains CC! Let the COMMUNITY do the voting for there favorites this time around!

Top 10 Villains make it into the Generic Nemesis Rotation!:biggrin:

You could hand out special AF prizes for those that win or something.

PS: Villains should come with a GOOD NAME too. Not something like "BACKSTAB!!" -_-
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Entirely understandable, but still, hopefully a good idea for down the road once we get Cryptic North into full speed on CO.

Just as a heads up though TT, My entry there would be awesome here as well if you guys ever go through and give Darkness a revamp. That Symbiote (maybe Roin'Esh for CO) tendril effect would make for one awesome Aura effect. The current darkness aura is a little too wiggley and light for my tastes!

Still though, it would be interesting to see some of the artists here making entries there as well.
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2013

funny you would mention this, both sto and neverwinter does not seem to have these issues. it seems as if pwe/cryptic really does not want co to succeed
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    funny you would mention this, both sto and neverwinter does not seem to have these issues. it seems as if pwe/cryptic really does not want co to succeed

To be fair. a design a costume contest will not help CO succeed. Then again, neither will having "limited resources" to maintain a game.

#MaintenenceMode
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm a little worried that the game doesn't have the resources to make a costume, but i figured that this thread, both here and on the other forums, would be fun for people.

Hopefully somewhere down the line when we have resources for CO, we can get costumes and power sets again.