test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to maintain Taunt while energy building?

2»

Comments

• Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    secondalk wrote: »
    You managed 250 defense score?

238.3, specifically. I was using 4 Rank 5 CON mods, and the only talent I bought was +8 CON. It can go a little higher with full talents and better mods, thanks to Juggernaut.

screenshot
    The Primary Defense in that pic is the Heroic dodge/avoid. Armadillo secondaries.
  • Options
    secondalksecondalk Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    238.3, specifically. I was using 4 Rank 5 CON mods, and the only talent I bought was +8 CON. It can go a little higher with full talents and better mods, thanks to Juggernaut.

screenshot
    The Primary Defense in that pic is the Heroic dodge/avoid. Armadillo secondaries.

Hmm. Your other stats have suffered for it, though. May not have much of a choice for this kind of a tank, though.
  • Options
    despairsrequiemdespairsrequiem Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    forgive my ignorance I stopped on page one after you said you were having energy issues and had con as a primary and didn't want defiance... all of that is understandable for a concept build, which judging by the fact your having energy issues, it means you don't have tooo much synergy and thus are naturally a just for fun concept build, within Con, there is a spec called "fuel my fire" take it, everytime you get hit you'll gain energy. so you only need to initiate the aggro once, from that point on you should be self sufficent. - love 28th
  • Options
    secondalksecondalk Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    forgive my ignorance I stopped on page one after you said you were having energy issues and had con as a primary and didn't want defiance... all of that is understandable for a concept build, which judging by the fact your having energy issues, it means you don't have tooo much synergy and thus are naturally a just for fun concept build, within Con, there is a spec called "fuel my fire" take it, everytime you get hit you'll gain energy. so you only need to initiate the aggro once, from that point on you should be self sufficent. - love 28th

That is going to return an average of 6 energy per couple of seconds, assuming he is constantly taking damage.

Fuel my Fire requires some kind of investment in Endurance in order to scale it's return. Especially compared to the rate at which he is burning energy here.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if the OP has given up on this thread. But according to another thread, Regeneration can proc Compassion. It scales off of the higher of PRE and REC, stats the OP seems to favor. However it is in the general Mystic tree, which the OP seems to have a thing against.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!