test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestions

arider999arider999 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
i have a few suggestions for the better gaming experiance and some profit for the game is self...
1) make all bounds for items account wide. i has no sence to obtaining devices who can be used only on 1 player.
2) create unbound devices, provided from Cryptic Store for Zen (at reasonable prices). i, and i belive many players, have many devices and gear which we want to trade but they are bound. if we could buy devices for unbound them, i think many people will do that, i need at least 20 such devices, and the Cryptic (PW) will have a nice new profit pool.
3) bring new sking more realistic, like with veins..people needs realism in games...
4) convert Lemuria Zone into something wich players whould love to play...tranform to a new zone..its a shame to have a dead (most of the time) zonewhen we can have a new world to explore.
5) bring 2-3 new AT's, with popular power sets, like a shield wilder/thrower with a support weapon in other hand, Marvel is not (ny far) the only company who has such a hero, when others use that AT for their comics, why not CO? you can set a poll for the new AT's and see what people wants.
6) put on the Cryptic store new gear, unique and overpowered, many people will go for them at a reasonable price always, we heroes love to have an advantage over others and u Cryptic (PW) love freash money ;)
7) enable resources (G, Recognition, Nemesis, all of them) to be able to store account wide in banks, u will make our lifes much easyer.
8) of course, the Fountry
i hope those suggestions help the game and the players experiance, and also the Company :cool:
Post edited by arider999 on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My suggestion is firstly before anything fix PvP queses :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    read throught the suggestions section of the forums.

1. but then you would only need one. If they are bound to charac ters then you need more than one.
    2. becomes are unbound. vehicles are acct wide. In game gear is BOE - see 1.
    3. its meant to be like a cartoon. No we don't need realism in games
    4. that would take a large amount of time and effort which could be used to make lockboxes and short term events. This is not Star trek or Neverwinter which has a large pool of devs working on it.
    5. see PTS for the new laser sword powers. Sheild and sheild throwing would require a lot more programming for effects. see- 4.
    Poll players - see the suggestions ection of the forums. The completely ignored suggestions section. You are assuming that Cryptic/PWE is interested.
    6. we already have legion gear in lockboxes, lots of keys get sold because of them. Already done.
    7. but that would make it easier for players and be logical and sensible. so thats out.
    8. we have been told its not feasible. Probably due to having to spend a large amount of time and effort coding all the items , people and places into it. Since they seem to have a problem with bits of the program even being listed what is there. see 4.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arider999arider999 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1) one for each bound item
    2) Emperator Become in character bound, if u dont know it, maybe more are
    3) maybe that apllies for u...not most players i have talked
    4) they have announce a new Dev team for CO
    5) look 4
    6) again, if u dont know it, there was 5/slot gear, they can bring them back at CS
    7) @_@
    8) look 4
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a suggestion. Spell-check and organize your posts before you post them :mad:

/highschoolteacher

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do any game items have +RESISTANCEWALLOFTEXT?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know it sounds stupid but Champions Online prefers if players put all suggestions and feedback directly into the trash can..
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I know it sounds stupid but Champions Online prefers if players put all suggestions and feedback directly into the trash can..

jeez gamehobo.. you seem upset today... something happen on PTS? :tongue:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Wait, isn't that your avatar? xD
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stuff numbering this lot. Sorry Zahinder,another wall of text. Also Smoochan for any spellchecks I missed unless its ie/ei, I have never been able to get them correct.

They have NOT announced a new DEV team for CO. They have released a PR notice. If you read the interview that it is from(there is a link or you can google cryptic north interview), you would see that Cryptic North is 12 people, who are working on ALL THREE games.
    http://gamasutra.com/view/news/193707/QA_With_Neverwinter_inbound_Cryptic_founds_Seattle_studio.php

emperator is not a zen store item, it is a lockbox item.

Drifter legacy items are also BOE. This is to get people to BUY more lockboxes, since you need salvage(only gainable from lockboxes)

Being able to have one and transfer it between your characters means less sales.
    The aim of lock box items is to make people buy more lockboxes.
    Having one of the main attractions easily transferable between players means less boxes get sold.
    Person A gets one, uses it for a while, sells it to Person B .
    Person B no longer buys lockboxes, trying to get it.

Less revenue.
    Reasonable prices- If Cryptic/PWE were interested in 'reasonable' prices we would not have the catalysts in the zen store. The prices in store are what they consider 'reasonable'.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

jeez gamehobo.. you seem upset today... something happen on PTS? :tongue:

And now, we will never know.

I'm thinking this is numba 3, and frankly, its about time.
  • colormebluecolormeblue Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here?s my suggestion:

We don?t need *any* more vehicles or vehicle Alerts or anything else associated with vehicles. In fact, we *don?t* need vehicles at all because vehicles have no place in a Superhero game. If Cryptic wants to increase player abilities then augment the superhero power sets. It is that simple. Throw vehicles out.

They are clearly in the game and we?re stuck with them, and I guess that means that they generate revenue for Cryptic but, in case Crytpic didn?t know, they are too big, too ugly and are a mockery of the game. That so much development effort has been *wasted* on them is major shame, for Alerts are screaming out for improvement, and the game itself would have been a far better game had Cryptic fixed the bugs in Alerts, set up proper ladders for Alerts and created Alerts that scale with the ability of the players, rather than try to crudely match player by setting a fixed level for everyone. As they stand, many players are far too strong for Alerts and many players are far too weak for them, and it creates animosity and frustration in what could be a very enjoyable diversion.

There are *a lot* of other things that Cryptic could do rather than waste development time on vehicles, and if the developers are at a loss while staring at a blank whiteboard then I for one could give them a modest list, and I am sure that the community could give one that reached to the ceiling. All you have to do is to ask.

In sum, throw vehicles out and start improving the game that you already have rather than trying to turn it into something that it isn?t.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    And now, we will never know.

I'm thinking this is numba 3, and frankly, its about time.

I don't understand this mentality (not just you sm please don't take this persoanl like).

Game comes on the market. With superpowers.

Customer finds out telepathic powers are among the available superpowers.

Customer comes damn close to making their concept a reality in CO terms.

Tele breaks. A revision is announced. Player forks over more money...I can guess but it's not my place. Lets just call it substantial.

Tele revisted. Gets worse than before.

Telepath players are angry. The crowd control ones. The dot dps types are tickled pink. Literally.

Tele revisted again, bringing back a sliver of hope.

And crowd control telepaths again no longer need apply.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be just as angry if not angrier. The history of telepathy here is just plain ugly.

What if that had been your favorite powerset?

**edit forgot my suggestions

1. Remove all enemy types except Overseers from harmon multifaria and make a 10 man rampage called "Revenge" to hunt them down. Tech exists for this.

2. People seem to want beast heads with hoods. I'm not big on it but it comes up alot. Cryptic are you seriously gonna tell me you can't make this happen?

3. THE ANNIVERSARY. IF THE INVASION IS CANCELLED BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT PROPERLY SORTED YOURSELVES OUT CRYPTIC, IT WILL BE EXTREMELY TELLING.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People seem to want beast heads with hoods. I'm not big on it but it comes up alot. Cryptic are you seriously gonna tell me you can't make this happen?

Considering they just added that yesterday, I'm going to guess that the answer to your question is "No."
    For now it's only one, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way.

Nah just yours. I shall await for you informed reply.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand this mentality

Nor do I. While I appreciate your understanding, I do not need you to fight my battles on an internet forum.

They intend to fight in a flame war with disgruntled players it's on them. Apathy is nothing you can fight against.
    edited August 2013
    Nor do I. While I appreciate your understanding, I do not need you to fight my battles on an internet forum.

They intend to fight in a flame war with disgruntled players it's on them. Apathy is nothing you can fight against.

Why are even here if you hate the game. Your the disgruntled one. Me I think the games awesome and they new telepathy powers are epic.
    edited August 2013
    I am curious about the new telepathy stuff, but was disappointed to learn it's Freeform only.

Ah well.

Yet more 'new stuff' with limits on it to fail to draw me in. (Time limited content, lockboxes, vehicles, etc)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I am curious about the new telepathy stuff, but was disappointed to learn it's Freeform only.

Ah well.

Yet more 'new stuff' with limits on it to fail to draw me in. (Time limited content, lockboxes, vehicles, etc)

In b4 Finn's It's "Free for All," not "All for Free."
    Hey! I just borrewed it from someone smarter. (sorry, can't remember who)
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited August 2013
    Yes, because at this point it's an AWESOME idea making new stuff exclusive to subscribers.

That's really going to draw in new subscribers eager to gamble on stuff unseen.

Brilliant f2p strategery.

• towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, because at this point it's an AWESOME idea making new stuff exclusive to subscribers.

That's really going to draw in new subscribers eager to gamble on stuff unseen.

Brilliant f2p strategery.

I agree, it is an awesome idea. Make the idea of having a subscription enticing enough and you'll get subscriptions. That being said, as far as the new Telepathy powers go, Silver players that have purchased Freeform Slots can access the new Telepathy powers just the same as a subscriber can anyway.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited August 2013
    Obviously I'm being sarcastic because it's a really f'in terrible 'shoot yourself in the foot' move.

If your business is ailing and you are having trouble getting enough customers in the door to pay for even modest business costs, spending your precious capital on new and exciting exclusives for members only?

You can't get people to stick around long enough to see how good your game is. Spending your resources on stuff that requires a leap of faith to even go look at is...

Well. I just realized what it is.

It's a desperation move to forestall hemorhagging even more players, and an utter lack of confidence in selling the product to anyone new.

edited August 2013
    So you're suggesting that it would be a better financial move for them to spend money and dev time rewriting the game so that freeforms are free? How would spending money to give stuff away for free make any form of financial sense?
    By that argument all f2p games don't make sense.

edited August 2013
    Obviously I'm being sarcastic because it's a really f'in terrible 'shoot yourself in the foot' move.

If your business is ailing and you are having trouble getting enough customers in the door to pay for even modest business costs, spending your precious capital on new and exciting exclusives for members only?

You can't get people to stick around long enough to see how good your game is. Spending your resources on stuff that requires a leap of faith to even go look at is...

Well. I just realized what it is.

It's a desperation move to forestall hemorhagging even more players, and an utter lack of confidence in selling the product to anyone new.

Business would have to ailing first. Cryptic is making monies. MMO's have a shorter lifespan these days than when say CoX was about. Tech advances faster games age faster games die faster. Champs is more than halfway through its life. Cryptic have 2 newer games with bigger IPs.

See all those players we lost they are in Trek and Neverwinter and that doesnt bother Cryptic in the slightest.

My advice is enjoy CO while its running . When this game finally shuts I will move on to Trek more. Will I rage face at Cryptic about no no I wont. I have had hundreds of hours of entertainment . Good times. Games old and on life support deal with it.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    By that argument all f2p games don't make sense.

There isn't a single F2P game out there, be it typical F2P or with optional subscriptions, that offers absolutely everything for absolutely free. Something must have a price tag on it. Cash shops need to have something people would be willing to buy. If Subscriptions are available then they need to offer something above and beyond just being able to play the game. The economics of MMOs 101.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There isn't a single F2P game out there, be it typical F2P or with optional subscriptions, that offers absolutely everything for absolutely free. Something must have a price tag on it. Cash shops need to have something people would be willing to buy. If Subscriptions are available then they need to offer something above and beyond just being able to play the game. The economics of MMOs 101.

Here we go again : the debate about the overexaggerated definition of free to play as all free...
    Nonetheless I do agree that behind a f2p mmo there's a company which needs to make money but I don't think it's the point here.

Actually what I consider a poor move is that this new telepathy miniset isn't purchasable by silver players.
    edited August 2013
    STO has every activity available free. What costs money are particular odd options, like races and ships.

Subscription gives you a modest amount of stuff effectively free.

Somehow that works. Go figure.

As for CO, you can't sell subs when nobody coming in the door sticks around.

Maintenance mode sucks.

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait, when did we get upgraded to Maintenance Mode? :biggrin:

Ok, got that out of my system. Now it's off to Fatal Error to enjoy myself. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited August 2013
    One suggestion I have to add is more for Perfect World games as a whole. A core Connect app for smart phones ^__^
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But I don't have any eligible toons that even count for Core. :frown:
    2s9bzbq.jpg