test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning CO player and CoX refugee seeking SG.

mareniemarenie Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Supergroup Recruitment Station
I played for many many years on the Champion Server of CoX, primarily for the community feel that server had, I haven't seen that in any other game. There was always a team going, badge farming, or people in the global chat.
If you ever played there you probably saw @Red Firefox on an alt or 20. I was always running teams, badge farming, or costuming with folks.

I picked up CO in May 2009, primarily played on my old main Bubblegum Bomb, and had a great time up till and past the first Blood Moon event. But I never found an SG I really clicked with and gave it up for awhile. Came back a couple times, dusted off my characters but still didn't really fit.

Came back this time around in April, and haven't stopped yet. I've been to many CC's in that time and I've been enjoying seeing that part of the community. But that still leaves me with trying to find friends to run with for teams, and having folks around for general chatting.

I'm not really into RP, and I haven't played with PvP very much. If you think I might be a good fit you can find me on Red Spectre@RedFirefox.
CO @RedFirefox - CoX @Red Firefox
Post edited by marenie on

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Use the public chat system. Its more stable than super groups.
    type into chat

/channel_join

and add a space and these channels after each time you type this and return.
    CoX - ex city people
    LFG - for when you want a team
    TalkyTalk - for that random blurting of thoughts

Contest_Central or is it Contest-Central?
    One of those handles the contest announcements.

Under the balloon on the right corner of chat window you can set up colors and tabs for the channels.

use /channel_info <insert channel name>
    to find out how many people are lurking in the channel.

I see people searching for teams for ten to thirty minutes these days, using only zone. People in alerts can't see zone chat and can't usually respond to team request in the other channels quickly without screwing their win, so use more than one channel over a minute or three.

Don't be put off by the weird chatter in CoX or TalkyTalk, there could be someone else rolling their eyes out there wishing that jibjab would zip up and someone would team them.

State your business. What level. What map you want to run.

"Anyone want to team up?" can end up being level 40 and level 6 and 15 minutes til nap time.
  • Options
    aingealiusaingealius Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here, I'm new to CO and looking for some old CoX players to team up with. I played mainly on Virtue or Protector, but still miss my friends from the game.
  • Options
    synsensynsen Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    First off Welcome and or Welcome Back!

I can say I feel you folks. I'm a CoH/CoV Player from the game's dawn to it's dusk of 8 straight years, came to CO with my Girlfriend, we've been trying to build up our alts and mains for a while now.

In hopes of trying to fit in to the community with no real luck we picked up a few new fellow gamers along the way and formed the SG: The Perfect Strangers, not only to have and SG but to build our "place to call home" once more with CO. We're in it for the long haul. But we're having trouble seeking players through teaming, the channels suggested above, and the forums, who we'd recommend ourselves as an SG to. We're just in it for the game as far as teaming, perk/achievement hunting, Adventure Pack teaming, and running the full-scale of the game, needless to say I personally have a few NemCon missions to do with my 40s and I'm hoping to hold them for a team I can place confidence in lol.

If you folks would like to check us out, I'll share the link to our thread:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=219061