What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subscription Sale!

2»

Comments

• skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Blah blah blah.

My subscription status got messed up when I "changed over".

Enough.

Lemme guess... you changed over, and the very next day it's inactive? If so, checking on the webpage or in game? cause the webpage and in game are not cross communicating things so well, learned that when support first offered to switch me to the original rate i had, before the sale actually started once i bought the 3month plan as normal value, gotta wait a couple days to see if the partial refund difference comes. which knowing my luck will be less than it should be with these currency conversion fees my card provider does on top of the actual converted final price >.<
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't see how your analogy is any more "correct" than mine in that it's still the point about the management stuffing up, apart from i was also using the point if they promise to compensate for the issue which you did not also use in yours.

We could spend all day arguing "no your analogy is wrong, the one i made is better" I'd say with yours the management should feel obligated to do something, even if the person decides to return home instead, like pay the travel expense to get back, maybe even for the initial time of getting there. but then we'd be arguing obligation isn't mandatory in an ideal world where some fanboy of that hotel would not want to see them having to pay a dime to the person the inconvenienced, maybe the fanboy is also the one who snuck behind the counter and arranged their room to be that one?

And i'm not sure what you mean about "do you expect anything less from Crypt/PWE then fanfare and parades" exactly, so answering what i think you mean, no. i wouldn't go out of my way to say how great they are for fixing a mistake that was long overdue, but i guess i must be stubborn then, i woudln't be super happy and excited and thankful for my order to arrive either, unless the staff are there from the start, making sure everything is going right, even when there was no actual issue occurred. I'd compliment them on their intitiative for wanting to make sure they run a tight ship. and IF something did go wrong, if they were able to fix it right away etc, i'd probabaly still be in a good mood then. But getting staff who only work "enough to not get fired" i wouldn't waste my time saying good things.

I was silver the entire time, and even if my sub issue never happened, i don't use emotes much, don't see why that is relevant to me here about talking about the compensation promised in regards to the sub issues. But good for them, giving something to those who will appreciate it. If you're implying i should consider that as what's promised, i don't see why. it's a result of a completely different issue.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I mean about fanfare and parades is from Cryptic, not the players. Look at what I said about the emite screw up. They made a big deal about how they were giving us free emotes as an apology - tjree emotes that (I haven't even tried them) soundlike they were just variations on emotes we already had. Plus five emotes (two of which people have been clamoring for for ages) that we can pay for!

When we get whatever they offer as compensation, you will know, because they will make SURE ypu know how awesome they are for giving it to you.
    Sk, if Cryptic does anything that can be considered even vaguely praiseworthy, they themselves are the first to praise it to the skies. You'd see it on the main page, you'd see it on Facebook, you'd see it on the launcher. They'd be spraining their shoulders patting themselves on the back.

And yes, I read your initial post. You started by posing a question which could be considered hypothetical - but was in fact phrased as a rhetorical question. You then went into a series of declarative statements which supported the notion that you yourself considered the question rhetorical, and assumed the answer was, "yes, this is supposed to be 'compensation'."

Editing after the fact does not change the original posting.

And what does one's nation of origin have to do with anything? I mean, aside from the fact that I'm inclined to cut those originally from non-English-speaking countries a little extra slack when it comes to the vagaries of English?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ipsissimusalephipsissimusaleph Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey my sub's due to renew next weekend anyway -do I have to risk changing something that's been working fine so far on the off-chance that the offer will stop running before it reaches the 10-day mark? Gah! Decisions, decisions, decisions...:eek:
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope this offer lasts until Wednesday :( Won't be able to nab it otherwise.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    Cleaned up thread a little. Discussion is possible without flaming.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cleaned up thread a little. Discussion is possible without flaming.

But everything is better with fire. Ever been to a Brazilian steakhouse?

Any way you can poke, prod, and rattle the guys about the cosmetic suggestion to PA powers in the PTS suggestion thread?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, my subscription did get sorted out, though I had several days not counted towards vet rewards.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.